Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How many waiting to come to Oz read the going back forum?

How many waiting to come to Oz read the going back forum?

Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How many waiting to come to Oz read the going back forum?

That's what the mods are there for. If it's truly off topic, then tell them and stop trying to be one yourself.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by alkristensen
As you can see the OP thanked the people for their input and maybe 2 pages out of 7 were useful, their words not mine.

It's not really up to the OP to decide what everyone else will find useful, is it?
Old Dec 31st 2006, 5:30 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Kevin, I get the feeling that's aimed at me. Can I clarify for you that I didn't say at any point that getting out more would help you to start 'loving it here' at all? My comment was merely about the direction of energies, that's all.

Yes it was, I find your patronising manner annoying.

I certainly don't hate Australia myself, just don't love it as some people do and think that more people might post, advise, encourage if the same few people didn't like the sound of their own voices so much.

My opinion on what is useful within a thread is as valid as any body elses, can you honestly say that many of your posts added much value?

Kevin
Old Dec 31st 2006, 5:31 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

That's what the mods are there for. If it's truly off topic, then tell them and stop trying to be one yourself.
I was trying to find some useful stuff from the question asked. I had to trail through all 7 pages before i realised it was the kiwi child and ipom show with others chipping in about what snakebite is made of.

I do like these forums but sometimes getting an answer is hard to come by this is all im saying and it would be easier on the eyes and brain not to witness corrections of grammar or peoples opinions on how to make snakebite when the question was

How many waiting to come to oz read the going back forum?

Did either or most of you answer them at all?

My post about pm ing each other hopefully stops people having to trawl when doing searches and reading endless tittle tattle to-ing and fro-ing of who is the most righteous and grammatically correct or other off topic remarks.

I know we cant help occasionally it but it would be easier on the brain thats all im saying.

this was your fist post, was it on topic

This is the way I feel too.

I often wonder that if the people spouting the vitriol put as much effort into themselves (getting further education, taking a night class, retraining etc) as they do spouting crap, then life would be much different for them.

Last edited by alkristensen; Dec 31st 2006 at 5:34 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kevinl

My opinion on what is useful within a thread is as valid as any body elses, can you honestly say that many of your posts added much value?

Kevin

Wouldn't you have to poll everyone who read it to find that out?

If you don't like my patronising manner, use the ignore button. That's what it's for.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 5:42 pm
Account Closed

Do I care at this point on New Year's Day?

Nope.

Hey Al, put me, kiwi, all the snakebite posters etc on ignore and then the thread will make perfect sense.

Last edited by iPom; Dec 31st 2006 at 5:45 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 5:51 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't you have to poll everyone who read it to find that out?

If you don't like my patronising manner, use the ignore button. That's what it's for.
Cheers, but i hoped that seen as you are an ok person with decent things to say most of the time (like all of us) then i hoped that you would maybe take my reasonable suggestion of not going off topic for page after page so i didnt have to push the button to ignore what you may say in the future that will hold some relevance, as i found that nothing you said on this partiucular topic relevant at all apart from to your argument with kiwichild( which i agreed with you on most thiings about anyway if you must know).

Its was just page after page and my eyes are tired

Ive sent you a pm kev good luck in a couple of weeks with your trip. hope all works out with you in oz.

Im unsubscribing from this thread now thank god as prob the op and everyone else has. LOL

Happy new year

al.x
Old Dec 31st 2006, 5:55 pm
Account Closed

Comments duly noted, Al. Will try harder.

Have a good new year yourself.

x
Old Dec 31st 2006, 6:13 pm
Banned

you too.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 6:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Snakebite

Ingredients
1/2 pint of lager
1/2 pint of cider
Method
Mix and drink
Notes
Add blackcurrant cordial to make it drinkable; this is known as a 'Snakebite and Black' or a 'Diesel'.
Add one shot of Pernod to a Diesel to make a 'Pernod Diesel'.
Add one shot of vodka to a Pernod Diesel to make a 'Purple Nasty'.
Add three shots of vodka to a Pernod Diesel to make a 'Screaming Purple B*stard'. This is worryingly descriptive of the result of drinking one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A71614

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 31st 2006 at 6:31 pm. Reason: Festive Off-Topicness!!
Old Dec 31st 2006, 6:39 pm
Banned

A Snakebite With Blackcurrant in where i came from it was
a pint o' SASS after SARSAPARILLA as that is what it tasted of or sassper ella as phonetically we ud say it int north

i have now died and gone to banal posters heaven
Old Dec 31st 2006, 6:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

A wonderful place to be
Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:03 pm
Account Closed

A Snakebite With Blackcurrant in where i came from it was
a pint o' SASS after SARSAPARILLA as that is what it tasted of or sassper ella as phonetically we ud say it int north

Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:04 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

I was trying to find some useful stuff from the question asked. I had to trail through all 7 pages before i realised it was the kiwi child and ipom show with others chipping in about what snakebite is made of.

I do like these forums but sometimes getting an answer is hard to come by this is all im saying and it would be easier on the eyes and brain not to witness corrections of grammar or peoples opinions on how to make snakebite when the question was

How many waiting to come to oz read the going back forum?

Did either or most of you answer them at all?

My post about pm ing each other hopefully stops people having to trawl when doing searches and reading endless tittle tattle to-ing and fro-ing of who is the most righteous and grammatically correct or other off topic remarks.

I know we cant help occasionally it but it would be easier on the brain thats all im saying.

This is the way I feel too.

I often wonder that if the people spouting the vitriol put as much effort into themselves (getting further education, taking a night class, retraining etc) as they do spouting crap, then life would be much different for them.
Being as I was partially to blame I'd like to attempt to defend myself and the others. Look at the time stamps alkristensen if you will, after I answered the initial OP's question (good) I and a few other sad Muppets with obviously not much else to do (bad) were online mostly simultaneously and as it always does someone said something others disagreed with and a almost realtime ‘conversation’ erupted. That’s the problem with forums time is relative not absolute, for ipom, myself an a few others time was effectively compressed for you, the OP and any other less compulsive muppets that only pop in now and then.

So in my defence although it might have been 7 pages mostly offtopic vitriol, a lot of the discussion happened in quick time! I’ll try harder next time but having a slanging match by PM is a bit like having a blow up doll, does the job but not quite the same thing. (I’m told!! No blow up dolls in my house, just Alpaca’s)
Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by arkon
I’m told!!

Uh huh!

Nice post, Arkon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.