Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How many goals will Brazil thrash Australia by?

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Who will win?
Brazil
71.43%
Australia
17.86%
Draw
10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

How many goals will Brazil thrash Australia by?

Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:03 pm
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute
Default How many goals will Brazil thrash Australia by?

I know that Aussies harp on about the last time the two nations met and the match was decided by a solitary goal but you dont often here about the 6-0 drubbing Australia got the time before that or of the other serious losses that were incurred at the hands of the samba stars.

Most of the Aussies at work with me - Who know as much about football as you could write on a cigarette paper - know that July 10th will be the day that Australia play Brazil for the second time in this world cup and then go on to beat them by a Harry Kewell hat trick.

I personally think Australia has got about as much chance of beating Brazil as I have of winning tonight's lottery draw or to put it another way NO CHANCE.

I am doing pretty well with my WC predictions thus far and have only once backed the losing side, Ukraine let me down big time but this time I am confident that Brazil will win by at least 3 goals.

My prediction is 4-1

Last edited by Wife Beater; Jun 16th 2006 at 6:20 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:09 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How many goals will Brazil thrash Australia by?

Brazil: 4 - Australia: 0.

Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many goals will Brazil thrash Australia by?

Wheres the Who cares option ?
Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:40 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Wheres the Who cares option ?
Now now.

Made me laugh on the radio the other day. An announcement that it was the 12th June when Australia beat Japan 3-1 and the next stop is Brazil.

Whatever!!!

Lets just hope England get further on in the competition, puleeeese.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

7-0 ...Brazil will be wanting to get on top of the Argentinians!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 7:47 pm
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
7-0 ...Brazil will be wanting to get on top of the Argentinians!
I would like to get on top of some of them Brazilians. Not the football players you understand.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 7:49 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking 4-1 to Brazil.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Brazil were really lame in their first match, so I'll go for 2-1 Brazil

But I reckon it could be 1-1 if the bucked tooth wonderboy has another off-day
Old Jun 16th 2006, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
I know that Aussies harp on about the last time the two nations met and the match was decided by a solitary goal but you dont often here about the 6-0 drubbing Australia got the time before that or of the other serious losses that were incurred at the hands of the samba stars.

Most of the Aussies at work with me - Who know as much about football as you could write on a cigarette paper - know that July 10th will be the day that Australia play Brazil for the second time in this world cup and then go on to beat them by a Harry Kewell hat trick.

I personally think Australia has got about as much chance of beating Brazil as I have of winning tonight's lottery draw or to put it another way NO CHANCE.

I am doing pretty well with my WC predictions thus far and have only once backed the losing side, Ukraine let me down big time but this time I am confident that Brazil will win by at least 3 goals.

My prediction is 4-1
brazil 3 - Australia 1
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:04 pm
Banned

Just for the record and to elaborate on what I was saying earlier.

Australia have played Brazil 6 times over the years and have only ever scored one goal in all them games combined total deal done doof!
One solitary goal from all meetings and they expect to beat Brazil. Forget Stuffhistory.com they are going to get stuffed big time.

Australia scraped an aggregate draw with Uruguay last year and went through to the WC on the lottery of penalties while Brazil qualified through more orthodox channels.

This is not the Solomon Islands or Fiji.

Song for the socceroos? How about "they're coming home"
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:06 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

One solitary goal from all meetings and they expect to beat Brazil.
I'd be interested in seeing a link to that please. One where they say they're going to beat Brazil.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Hutch
I'd be interested in seeing a link to that please. One where they say they're going to beat Brazil.
No problem dude. This is from the Beeb.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ia/5087238.stm

I am also quoting several work colleagues and friends who are Australian.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

Bert says Scotland could have had them in '98 (Brazil that is). Socceroos have a chance - really they have nothing to lose and will only benefit from the experience of playing Brazil. Good luck to them

Oh, as an Aussie I would have phrased your quote as 'they've got two chances - Buckleys and none!' which I think is probably appropriate to the match. More info on what this means here http://www.visitgeelong.org/heritage/williambuckley.asp

Stella
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:14 pm
Australia's Doorman

No problem dude. This is from the Beeb.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ia/5087238.stm

I am also quoting several work colleagues and friends who are Australian.
Nobody in that article says they're going to win. The closest is "I don't think people expect us to go there and win. Although we believe in our ability and believe we can get a result." A result, not a win - quite deliberate choice of words there. As for your Ozzie friends - their confidence seems to be having the desired effect on you ...
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Hutch
Nobody in that article says they're going to win. The closest is "I don't think people expect us to go there and win. Although we believe in our ability and believe we can get a result." A result, not a win - quite deliberate choice of words there. As for your Ozzie friends - their confidence seems to be having the desired effect on you ...

A few quotes from the article - Headline - Viduka targeting upset of Brazil

"There're not superheroes or anything like that. They're people like us."

"You're not going to go into a game thinking you're going to lose. You're going to go in thinking you're going to win it, and that's how we are going to start."

Which story were you reading?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.