How Long Before..

Old Nov 20th 2008, 1:48 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Long Before..

My huntsman girl opens her egg sack up?

She's been in the corner of my lounge room for weeks ....

Sincerely
Anxiously awaiting a birth in the Blue Mountains
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Long Before..

You are kidding? In your lounge?? urgg

I can cope with widlife at a distance but not that.......

I shared - unintentionally - my late night swim with a toad last night but got out rather promptly when he appeared in front of my nose! His breaststoke was better than mine though.....
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Safin
You are kidding? In your lounge?? urgg

I can cope with widlife at a distance but not that.......

I shared - unintentionally - my late night swim with a toad last night but got out rather promptly when he appeared in front of my nose! His breaststoke was better than mine though.....
Awwww, that's sweet.

No I'm not joking, she's been caring for her egg sack for weeks now. She must be getting hungry though by now, I would have thought.
She's very good... picks it up and turns it over, hugs it, puts it down... she's very patient.
Apparently she'll choose when to open it but I'm not sure how long that will take. I'll have to add some pics.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

I am fascinated but i'd have moved it all outside to watch it there.....
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Safin
I am fascinated but i'd have moved it all outside to watch it there.....
She's put a big web up so that she's enclosed in the corner of the room. I couldn't get her without causing myself some damage, or her, I suspect.

She's a very good mother so far. I'm wondering, should I feed her with something?

The egg sack is that white thing underneath her. She'll carry her babies around for a while apparently. I might encourage her to go outside when that happens.
Attached Thumbnails How Long Before..-spider.jpg  
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

She's just darling

Very interesting though - especially virtually

I once swatted a spider trying to crawl into my backpack in Thailand - I didn't realise she was carrying her sack-load of little wonders - next minute I was surrounded by them - did feel rather guilty..
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by The Crow
She's just darling

Very interesting though - especially virtually

I once swatted a spider trying to crawl into my backpack in Thailand - I didn't realise she was carrying her sack-load of little wonders - next minute I was surrounded by them - did feel rather guilty..
Ooops!

Yeah, they run everywhere, screaming 'Mummy! Mummy! .. where are you?'

She had a stand-off with a white tip the other week. It was trying to get in and get the egg sack.
It is very interesting, for sure.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:09 am
ABCDiamond

OMG !!!

All of a sudden I don't feel very well...

I'd have pest control over in a shot if I had something like that in my place.

Actually I think I will, just in case......

Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
OMG !!!

All of a sudden I don't feel very well...

I'd have pest control over in a shot if I had something like that in my place.

Actually I think I will, just in case......
It's only a huntsman/woman!

What do you think it's going to do?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:15 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
It's only a huntsman/woman!

What do you think it's going to do?
It might LOOK at me !!!!!

Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:19 am
ABCDiamond

I am paranoid about spiders.

I went to the lawn mower yesterday, and saw a spiders web on it. I went into the house and got the spider spray, and went out and sprayed it, that way I have no problems

My 12 year asked what it was, and she laughed at me when I said it was a spiders web !!

I am just grateful that I see less spiders here than I did in England. I don't care if they bite or not, I just do not like them ...

Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, that is pretty amazing!!!

Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I am paranoid about spiders.

I went to the lawn mower yesterday, and saw a spiders web on it. I went into the house and got the spider spray, and went out and sprayed it, that way I have no problems

My 12 year asked what it was, and she laughed at me when I said it was a spiders web !!

I am just grateful that I see less spiders here than I did in England. I don't care if they bite or not, I just do not like them ...
I didn't use to like them but now I do. I do kill white tips if they're in the house though. The other day we had a funnel web in from the rain. I despatched that one pretty quickly.
They're really quite interesting once you calm down about them.

I'll update with some more pics as we get closer to the birth.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

you're braver than me, i couldnt live with it in the house.......!!
would love to see more pics though, especially after the birth
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by bridie
you're braver than me, i couldnt live with it in the house.......!!
would love to see more pics though, especially after the birth
She's upside down right now... with her egg sack on her tummy.

I'll keep taking the pics Bridie. Presumably once they hatch, she'll be on the move again, so I hope she does that during the day rather than at night, otherwise I'll miss her.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.