Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How Important is an avatar?

How Important is an avatar?

Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:07 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Important is an avatar?

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Now here's someone who looks like his avatar

Vash
http://britishexpats.com/forum/custo...tar42573_4.gif

His Avatar (the one on the right)
http://photos-326.ll.facebook.com/ph...43484_9130.jpg

He's already posted this photo on here so hopefully it's okay to show it again.

And I have seen him in the flesh....so to speak!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:08 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Dry up you daft arse.....what does my 'cliff edge' say about me??

You're a boy who's on the edge
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone, can't remember who now copied my avatar and used it themselves. Was a bit put out because Wintersong - lovely lass, hope she's well, did it for me special like after several deep and meaningful discussions about the size, shape and colour of the handbag. Someone else - also can't remember the name, has the puddy without the handbag but although it confuses me, it's not so bad because his puddy is definitely on speed, whilst mine is obviously fairly mellow

I don't know if she says anything about me but I'd be sort of lost without her
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=MartinLuther;5167929]Now here's someone who looks like his avatar

Vash.

Yeap!! He shore does.

Next!!!

lol can you tell that I'm bored.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:17 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

I'm not as good looking as my avatar......
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:19 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benny the ball
I'm not as good looking as my avatar......

Your avatar's too small for me to see

Last edited by Shakmaty; Aug 9th 2007 at 12:19 am. Reason: Bloody ma :mad:
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:20 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

It should be a Vic Meldrew but I prefer FF

'Fred, in general, showed little tolerance for incompetance -- save maybe his own. He could turn from jovial to grouchy and back in an instant. But even this burly bear of a man had his soft side, and never did it show through as much as with his baby daughter Pebbles. Fred was definitely a family man at heart, and his antics appealed to all ages.' excerpt

Yabba dabba doo
Attached Thumbnails How Important is an avatar?-flintstones_family.jpg  
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:22 am
Take it easy

Originally Posted by The OH
It should be a Vic Meldrew but I prefer FF

'Fred, in general, showed little tolerance for incompetance -- save maybe his own. He could turn from jovial to grouchy and back in an instant. But even this burly bear of a man had his soft side, and never did it show through as much as with his baby daughter Pebbles. Fred was definitely a family man at heart, and his antics appealed to all ages.' excerpt

Yabba dabba doo
But your avatar has you chatting up the girl next door
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:23 am
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by C&R
I think avatars are important if you are meeting people. Sometimes in real life you may be introduced, and you might not remember their user name, but if you ask what their avatar is, you can visualise, and then their username and online personality comes to you.
Does that mean I have to do my avatars dance everytime I meet someone from a forum?

<<<<<<<
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:24 am
Take it easy

Originally Posted by carlosthegerbil
Does that mean I have to do my avatars dance everytime I meet someone from a forum?

<<<<<<<
Yep....you'd go well with moneypen
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:25 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

<<<<<<<
If I have to roar, you have to dance
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:25 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

<<<<<<<
Now THAT would be fantastic!!!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:26 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

<<<<<<<
I would like to see that
Take it easy

Originally Posted by Bix
If I have to roar, you have to dance
You a bouncer?
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Yep....you'd go well with moneypen
and Shakmaty could work his magic with a clipper lighter!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.