British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   How has your day been? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/how-has-your-day-been-758202/)

Cheetah7 May 14th 2012 10:24 am

How has your day been?

Mine has been truly crapola to the point I am drinking a glass of wine - a big fat one.

Could not wait to get home today, lots of things went wrong and I now have a headache - should I have more wine or a cup of tea or both?

How was your day?

Iwannabethere May 14th 2012 10:44 am

Re: How has your day been?

Today wasn't too bad but then it did follow a pretty crap weekend! Might still have to indulge in a glass of vino though.

Here's to tomorrow! May it be better than today! :drinkwine:

Bernieboy May 14th 2012 10:45 am

I have a hangover that may have to be sorted soon:(

Iwannabethere May 14th 2012 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 10059134)
I have a hangover that may have to be sorted soon:(

Coffee for you then!

Bernieboy May 14th 2012 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere (Post 10059135)
Coffee for you then!

:eek::eek:,a wee beer this arvo is the order of the day:beer:

BadgeIsBack May 14th 2012 10:51 am

My 2 year old boy who is kind of being toilet trained just pooed on the kitchen floor.

Luckily his sisters did not step in it and I was able to scoop it up with a bit of tissue.

Bernieboy May 14th 2012 10:55 am

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack (Post 10059143)
My 2 year old boy who is kind of being toilet trained just pooed on the kitchen floor.

Luckily his sisters did not step in it and I was able to scoop it up with a bit of tissue.

I'm surprised yer missus didn't do it for you:p

BadgeIsBack May 14th 2012 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 10059152)
I'm surprised yer missus didn't do it for you:p

She is having a well earned rest. Well - she is out teaching, me boy.

Iwannabethere May 14th 2012 11:09 am

Been there - still there!!!! Master 3 did that to me in the bathroom the other day. He managed to tread in it though. In trainers. So it all got into the tread. And muggins had to get them clean so he didn't traipse it through the house. I was less than impressed! Mind you, he's been spot on perfect since! :thumbsup:

Cheetah7 May 14th 2012 11:23 am

:rofl:

My friends toddler has taken to digging out her nappy contents and smearing it during the night.

:eek:

BadgeIsBack May 14th 2012 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere (Post 10059174)
Been there - still there!!!! Master 3 did that to me in the bathroom the other day. He managed to tread in it though. In trainers. So it all got into the tread. And muggins had to get them clean so he didn't traipse it through the house. I was less than impressed! Mind you, he's been spot on perfect since! :thumbsup:

I'm [almost] immune to poo ...to the point of being [almost] blase.

I had my first wretch in years last week.

Cheetah7 May 14th 2012 11:42 am

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack (Post 10059210)
I'm [almost] immune to poo ...to the point of being [almost] blase.

I had my first wretch in years last week.

Im immune to poo, its vomit - any vomit/mucus I cannot tolerate.:eek:

Iwannabethere May 14th 2012 11:44 am

My day just got worse. Just realised that the meds I'm taking mean I have to avoid alcohol :thumbdown:

Seeing the doc tomorrow. Might just have to check whether this is 'avoid at all costs' or 'avoid if you can' :thumbsup:

Cheetah7 May 14th 2012 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere (Post 10059240)
My day just got worse. Just realised that the meds I'm taking mean I have to avoid alcohol :thumbdown:

Seeing the doc tomorrow. Might just have to check whether this is 'avoid at all costs' or 'avoid if you can' :thumbsup:

fingers crossed its a case of 'avoid if you can':fingerscrossed:

asher May 14th 2012 11:47 am

I had a waiting day ! everyone made me wait but I had my kindle and wasn't in a rush so I wasn't bothered

I hope everyone who had a bad day has a better one tomorrow :thumbsup:
cheers:drinkwine:

Cheetah7 May 14th 2012 11:51 am

Originally Posted by asher (Post 10059248)
I had a waiting day ! everyone made me wait but I had my kindle and wasn't in a rush so I wasn't bothered

I hope everyone who had a bad day has a better one tomorrow :thumbsup:
cheers:drinkwine:

My tomorrow will be scary as I have made a decision on something, although I am scared, I am relieved as well.

Bernieboy May 14th 2012 11:51 am

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack (Post 10059161)
She is having a well earned rest. Well - she is out teaching, me boy.

I'm sure she is;)

Iwannabethere May 14th 2012 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah7 (Post 10059258)
My tomorrow will be scary as I have made a decision on something, although I am scared, I am relieved as well.

Well done on the decision. I'll get the wine and chocs out now, shall I?

Cheetah7 May 14th 2012 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere (Post 10059268)
Well done on the decision. I'll get the wine and chocs out now, shall I?

I have the wine, you bring the chocs and I may need you there tomorrow when I break the news to the powers that be.

BadgeIsBack May 14th 2012 12:51 pm

Just as well I keep my nails clipped.

DeadVim May 14th 2012 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Cheetah7 (Post 10059106)
Mine has been truly crapola to the point I am drinking a glass of wine - a big fat one.

Could not wait to get home today, lots of things went wrong and I now have a headache - should I have more wine or a cup of tea or both?

How was your day?

I drink big fat wine by default, and I see nothing wrong with this :)

My day has been OK in perspective, everyone is healthy so cannot grumble about that.

There are wider issues that I like to avoid but for now today will do :)

I've quit yer typical breakfast tea since I quit sugar so I'll go along with some camomile if pushed.

eddie007 May 14th 2012 2:00 pm

My day? You can stick a fork in me coz I'm done...... Totally done in....

Ask me again tomorrow after I've been back to work for the first time in 3 months!

Cheetah7 May 14th 2012 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 10059490)
My day? You can stick a fork in me coz I'm done...... Totally done in....

Ask me again tomorrow after I've been back to work for the first time in 3 months!

My goodness, good luck with that one - that will cure your insomnia, you will be knackered.

How did your de cluttering go and did the Doc Martens survive?

chris955 May 14th 2012 5:46 pm

Had a great day, took the kids to Cheddar and through the gorge, its a beautiful area.

rasen78 May 14th 2012 6:09 pm

TBH, I've had better days.

Had a lovely weekend with the kids and mine joint birthday party. Inflatable fun run that we got to keep overnight:thumbsup: (cue lots of friction burns, twisted ankles and a swollen knee - the adults that is:lol:), bbq and booze etc.

Today I feel like poo and snapped at 2 colleagues which isn't like me:( But seriously, I have told him several times I do NOT like football, so when I say I didn't watch the match at the weekend, I mean I DID NOT WATCH THE F***ING MATCH:banghead:

rasen78 May 14th 2012 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Cheetah7 (Post 10059258)

Ooh, sounds intriguing. Hope it all works out for you:thumbup:

carolinephillips May 14th 2012 10:24 pm

How come this morning, after actually sleeping last night and not having a drink, I feel like I have a massive hangover????:confused::frown:

Cheetah7 May 15th 2012 1:57 am

Wank - total wank so far this morning and with the email I have just sent, it promises to be quite volatile.:frown:

And my neighbours are selling their house - so praying for a good/nice new owner.:o

iamthecreaturefromuranus May 15th 2012 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah7 (Post 10059106)

How was your day?

Dull

carolinephillips May 15th 2012 2:04 am

Day is getting better slightly, in that I've got my case of Adina wines. However I had to go to the P.O to collect it as they failed to knock on the door even though I was in and ignored my instructions to leave it by the pool under cover. It was heavy and did my bad arm no favours.:frown:

northernbird May 15th 2012 3:37 am

Crapola life in general. Day 2 that eldest has refused to get up and go to school despite it being day 1 of NAPLAN testing. It is 11.35 and I feel like I just want to get so drunk, go to sleep and not wake up for a very long time! If it wasn't for the youngest who gives me lip but is otherwise good then I would probably be considering it!

jad n rich May 15th 2012 4:05 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 10060906)
Crapola life in general. Day 2 that eldest has refused to get up and go to school despite it being day 1 of NAPLAN testing. It is 11.35 and I feel like I just want to get so drunk, go to sleep and not wake up for a very long time! If it wasn't for the youngest who gives me lip but is otherwise good then I would probably be considering it!

If teenage starts at 13 then I have had one kid or another being teenage for almost 12 years:eek:.

But you become immune:D The upside is by number 3 is nothing can shock you any more , and your attitude can be more meh than theirs.

Shock them back, dont make an excuse for her, no sick note, just write to the school and tell them she refused to go:lol: Responsibility for their actions is the only way teens learn:eek: and sometimes it tough.

northernbird May 15th 2012 4:08 am

Originally Posted by jad n rich (Post 10060931)
If teenage starts at 13 then I have had one kid or another being teenage for almost 12 years:eek:.

But you become immune:D The upside is by number 3 is nothing can shock you any more , and your attitude can be more meh than theirs.

Shock them back, dont make an excuse for her, no sick note, just write to the school and tell them she refused to go:lol: Responsibility for their actions is the only way teens learn:eek: and sometimes it tough.

I have called the school and told them just that. Her head told me that year 9 is the worst year for problems with girls. Unfortunately, I don't deal with her particularly well and end up causing more arguments.

Iwannabethere May 15th 2012 4:16 am

And make home SOOOOOO BOOOOORING! No TV, music, computer (add electronic device of choice). Nothing she enjoys. Could try hard labour too. No food treats, just plain what she would have had at school. And if there was anything decent coming up in her calendar it just got cancelled.

Hadn't realised I was such a hard-ass!

northernbird May 15th 2012 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere (Post 10060945)
And make home SOOOOOO BOOOOORING! No TV, music, computer (add electronic device of choice). Nothing she enjoys. Could try hard labour too. No food treats, just plain what she would have had at school. And if there was anything decent coming up in her calendar it just got cancelled.

Hadn't realised I was such a hard-ass!

Can't get the phone off her as it spends most of its life down her bra! Took laptop at weekend and she went AWOL for 4 hours till 11pm sunday night, wouldn't answer phone to anyone and had her friends and I worried sick until I agreed to return it. What can I say to that as I just want her home and she knows it. It isn't made any easier at the moment that Mr NB is working overseas and is away for a month at a time. I get 1 week in 5 of good behaviour before returning to bitch mode! Anyway, no point getting pissed off, it is what it is and I just have to pray that it's a phase that we will come out of.

Iwannabethere May 15th 2012 4:30 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 10060953)
Can't get the phone off her as it spends most of its life down her bra! Took laptop at weekend and she went AWOL for 4 hours till 11pm sunday night, wouldn't answer phone to anyone and had her friends and I worried sick until I agreed to return it. What can I say to that as I just want her home and she knows it. It isn't made any easier at the moment that Mr NB is working overseas and is away for a month at a time. I get 1 week in 5 of good behaviour before returning to bitch mode! Anyway, no point getting pissed off, it is what it is and I just have to pray that it's a phase that we will come out of.

Wow, that's tough! Well you are totally entitled to declare the day as crap! All credit to you holding it together! :thumbsup:

northernbird May 15th 2012 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere (Post 10060963)
Wow, that's tough! Well you are totally entitled to declare the day as crap! All credit to you holding it together! :thumbsup:

eddie007 May 15th 2012 4:53 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 10060953)

You know some of the shite kevin put us through ...so take heart....it usually IS just a phase.... isnt you, its her.... But that doesnt help having to manage it on your own.... Makes it even worse when they are well behaved for one parent and total shits for the other... Can divide the household very quickly without noticing, me and HIM had some hum dingers because she would behave one way to me and perfectly when HE was about.... In the end I realised needed HIS help managing the situation(s) and with a united no nonsense approach whether the behaviours were when I was on my own or not..... HE had to back me up when HE was around.... appear to have reached a good place to be with her... But then she is nearly 22 and its only this last year we've seen an end to her problems...... you tried counselling ???

moneypenny20 May 15th 2012 5:06 am

My day has been meh! and I hate that expression/word/whatever the **** it is.

eddie007 May 15th 2012 5:08 am

Don't like to go against the crowd... But I had a FABULOUS morning at work... Lovely team, interesting role... Cant wait to get back on thursday... Was a little sceptical about only three hours... But TBH I was ready for my TENs machine and a lie down when I got home.....

Physio tomorrow:thumbsup: