Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Nov 2nd 2013, 12:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Errrm I meant more like this....

http://www.sailing-new-england.com/images/catspaw_8.jpg

I wonder if you have to have a boat licence.... Will check it out.

Maybe not in Hobart itself, but there must be somewhere along the Derwent. Have a browse through the Discover Tasmania site, you might find something on there cos I only had a very quick look.
Visitors Info Centre on Davey Street in Hobart is excellent too, they might know somewhere
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Maybe not in Hobart itself, but there must be somewhere along the Derwent. Have a browse through the Discover Tasmania site, you might find something on there cos I only had a very quick look.
Visitors Info Centre on Davey Street in Hobart is excellent too, they might know somewhere

Thanks Polly, I'll do something on the water for sure
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 1:32 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Husband has been crook for a few days and signed off sick, still coughing and wheezing today, he is about to take his second course of antibiotics as he is very chesty - his temperature has only just gone down - it was 39.5 degrees the other day . I do worry about him when he is sick and he is at the stage now where he is semi better but not quite and thinking he is better than what he is.

However I have managed to avoid catching it by sleeping in the spare room

It's going to be a scorcher this weekend in Perth so not sure what we will be up to but I think it will involve shoes as in I need some.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 5:28 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Yup.... Total shite...

Think I might go into work this weekend just so I don't have to be here
Oh Eddie, I had hoped things would turn out better than this for you. You were dealing with it so well. It's pretty shit when you feel your home isn't the happy comfortable place it should be. I hope it resolves soon for you.

My brother and his wife still aren't speaking to me - I have offered an olive branch which wasn't taken. It does hurt, but all I can do now is wait and see if they make any moves. What's worse is it was my middle boys 21st last weekend and he didn't even get a card Their argument isn't even with him

Have you spoken to the nephew's parents? What do they say about his behaviour?

FWIW I completely agree about locking the front door, how the hell can you not lock it esp when he hasn't been back for 10 days? That would be stupid!

Anyway - this weekend we are working on our "building site". I am moving lots of wriggly tin at the moment (well, I'm hiding while hubby welds just now) and I picked up one piece and a big skink shot out from under it - gave me a bit of a shock!

We have put seed blocks up for the parrots, and are being stalked by the magpies for nuts (we have one who comes and lands on my knee to be hand fed peanuts) She is getting cheeky though, she had had my bacon buttie out of my hand this morning

It's fabulous here, so quiet and peaceful (apart from us and the construction noises)

Oh well, back to the grindstone and the heat as the welding has stopped
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 5:36 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Oh Eddie, I had hoped things would turn out better than this for you. You were dealing with it so well. It's pretty shit when you feel your home isn't the happy comfortable place it should be. I hope it resolves soon for you.

My brother and his wife still aren't speaking to me - I have offered an olive branch which wasn't taken. It does hurt, but all I can do now is wait and see if they make any moves. What's worse is it was my middle boys 21st last weekend and he didn't even get a card Their argument isn't even with him

Have you spoken to the nephew's parents? What do they say about his behaviour?

FWIW I completely agree about locking the front door, how the hell can you not lock it esp when he hasn't been back for 10 days? That would be stupid!

Anyway - this weekend we are working on our "building site". I am moving lots of wriggly tin at the moment (well, I'm hiding while hubby welds just now) and I picked up one piece and a big skink shot out from under it - gave me a bit of a shock!

We have put seed blocks up for the parrots, and are being stalked by the magpies for nuts (we have one who comes and lands on my knee to be hand fed peanuts) She is getting cheeky though, she had had my bacon buttie out of my hand this morning

It's fabulous here, so quiet and peaceful (apart from us and the construction noises)

Oh well, back to the grindstone and the heat as the welding has stopped
Happy Birthday to the middle UB40Fan - hope he had a great day regardless.

What's all the 'wiggly tin' for?
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Had a very pleasant evening in the company of some lovely ladies.

We had light refreshments, played pass the parcel and engaged in some genteel conversation.

And it was Carriages at 11
Old Nov 4th 2013, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

After forgetting to turn the hose off last night and waking up at stupid o'clock to a flood, the day got better when my friend from the UK arrived.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:03 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Not the greatest TBH.

Booked a flight back to the UK. Unfortunately, it's not for good times and will, in all likelihood be a fairly stressful and emotional few weeks. And I have to leave ROMFT and the kids at home

Will be in need of a few methinks
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:05 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
Not the greatest TBH.

Booked a flight back to the UK. Unfortunately, it's not for good times and will, in all likelihood be a fairly stressful and emotional few weeks. And I have to leave ROMFT and the kids at home

Big hugs my love, xx
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:10 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Not the greatest TBH.

Sorry to hear that

If there's anything we can do to help, just shout. When are you flying back?
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:14 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Sorry to hear that

If there's anything we can do to help, just shout. When are you flying back?
Thanks Sparkles. Fly out on 15 Nov and arrive back on 7 Dec (in time for ROMFT to go to the cricket) (I'll be missing out on the cross-country)

We should be ok. ROMFT will be talking to his work about how he will work it with the kids and OSHC etc. He may need a sanity check from time to time though
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:03 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks Sparkles. Fly out on 15 Nov and arrive back on 7 Dec (in time for ROMFT to go to the cricket) (I'll be missing out on the cross-country)

We should be ok. ROMFT will be talking to his work about how he will work it with the kids and OSHC etc. He may need a sanity check from time to time though
Tell him to keep checking in on here, that should sort his sanity one way or the other

We thought of you today, sending love from both of us x

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 4th 2013 at 9:27 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 10:18 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know yer issue but sending you a big Bernie hug
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Not bad at all.Managed to shut up shop early and came home and have a cup of tea before kids came home.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Nephew has departed.... Not for "home" but to pastures new...that he can shit in...

So warning Australia... If your daughter rocks up with a pommie Harry styles lookalike .... DONT LET HIM IN....

Now working on reuniting us.... And getting back to the boring quiet life we all want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.