Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How good is this folks.

How good is this folks.

Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How good is this folks.

Originally Posted by kporte
killing is wrong, no matter the reason or who does it.
Unless they are trying to kill you.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
Oh am I ??? Its ok for you to spout your crap though ??
An offensive wind-up merchant!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:35 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
An offensive wind-up merchant!
Fair point ... was a bit rude, sorry.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:48 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Why not put them to work for the good of mankind?

(That wasn't an original thought BTW, got it from another forum - may even have been Burbage.)
Absolutely. Treadmills and generators spring to mind. Sell the electricity and pay the profits to the families of the victims. If you execute killers then you don't have the opportunity to punish them. You want them to wish they were dead without actually letting them die. You want them to envy the people they killed. Ask the families of the victims to record a message and play it to them 24 hours a day.

Killing them doesn't bring any of the victims back to life and you lose your opportunity for revenge; which is the only thing left for the victims' families. We can't give them their loved ones back, but we can help them make the murderers suffer. Sod human rights. Murderers have none.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
Absolutely. Treadmills and generators spring to mind. Sell the electricity and pay the profits to the families of the victims. If you execute killers then you don't have the opportunity to punish them. You want them to wish they were dead without actually letting them die. You want them to envy the people they killed. Ask the families of the victims to record a message and play it to them 24 hours a day.

Killing them doesn't bring any of the victims back to life and you lose your opportunity for revenge; which is the only thing left for the victims' families. We can't give them their loved ones back, but we can help them make the murderers suffer. Sod human rights. Murderers have none.
Some great ideas here.

You didn't used to work in Guantanamo did you?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by earlswoody
Would you say that if you were the mother of one of these poor souls...MAYBE YOUR KIDS......tit
There were 202 people – including 88 Australians – killed on the night of Saturday, October 12, 2002, when the crime planned by these men was carried out on the holiday island of Bali.

202 MURDERED AND YOU WANT THEM TO KEEP ON SMILING .......
Lockerbie - Two guys lie in jail for blowing up an aircraft. Verdict was guilty but now we know they didn't do it.
Birmingham 6 - Jailed as guilty and served 18 years in jail because some people high in authority wanted it that way.
Guildford 4 - Jailed as guilty because they wanted to be seen to be successful in getting the culprits.
Can you see a pattern emerging here. When governments collude to fit people up for crimes they didn't commit, then we hit dodgy ground.:curse: Who gives you the right to become judge and jury in deciding what punishment should be dished out and when you can find pleasure in somebody elses death, then you really are an uneducated idiot who is no better than those who carried out this atrocity.:curse:
Old Nov 7th 2008, 5:31 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Some great ideas here.

You didn't used to work in Guantanamo did you?
I provide consulting services only.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Yeah must say I have always been against the death penalty for the reason previously stated. Don't think killing someone for killing is morally right. Life in prison should be a life of deprivation & punishment.

Donna
Old Nov 7th 2008, 6:05 am
Demi-God

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Yeah must say I have always been against the death penalty for the reason previously stated. Don't think killing someone for killing is morally right. Life in prison should be a life of deprivation & punishment.

Donna
Ziggactly. A dish best served cold.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Sharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the rough

Three guys got their dna taken for post mortem cross-match.
Three guys will be shot.
Not necessarily Amrosi and Co.
Things happen very differently over there, money can buy you anything.
Unfortunately, whether they do end up 6 feet under OR sunning themselves outside Ubud they will become martyrs, (even though in the great scheme of things they were foot soldiers) and thats not going to be good for any of us.
S.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:08 pm
Banned

earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice

Originally Posted by framac67
Lockerbie - Two guys lie in jail for blowing up an aircraft. Verdict was guilty but now we know they didn't do it.
Birmingham 6 - Jailed as guilty and served 18 years in jail because some people high in authority wanted it that way.
Guildford 4 - Jailed as guilty because they wanted to be seen to be successful in getting the culprits.
Can you see a pattern emerging here. When governments collude to fit people up for crimes they didn't commit, then we hit dodgy ground.:curse: Who gives you the right to become judge and jury in deciding what punishment should be dished out and when you can find pleasure in somebody elses death, then you really are an uneducated idiot who is no better than those who carried out this atrocity.:curse:
One problem,, these guys have admitted to doing it....please get your facts right before posting garbage....fool.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

One problem,, these guys have admitted to doing it....please get your facts right before posting garbage....fool.
I don't read that framac is saying they didn't do it but making the point that with the death penalty, if the verdict is wrong, you have murdered innocent people. he is giving examples of misscariages of justice in which if the death penalty was in force,. would have resulted in just this scenario.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont like your tone and your lucky I dont live in Perth.:curse: Miscarriages of justice have and still are occurring all over the world. Police statements in the Birmingham 6 case state that they admitted their guilt. We know the rest. As has been stated, if the sentence is wrong, then there is no way back. No human has the right to take anothers life. End of.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

dalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to all
Default Re: How sad is this folks.

I fell a wee bit uncomfortable discussing it on an open site, it seems a bit crass when so many people have lived with this nightmare for over six years and still it keeps resurfacing. If I offend anyone I apologise. If I use the word “you” here it is general and not specific to any one person.

This is my view only

If you believe in the death penalty and you are 100% sure that the accused person is guilty would you, as a citizen, be prepared personally to kill them? Because that’s what has to happen, someone must kill someone else. The killing you would carry out however would be "legal", You would not go to trial; you would not spend any time in prison, the law would back you, no one should condemn you. But could you and would you stand there and either: shoot; pull the switch; inject the poison; set the knot, place the hood and then pull the trap door? Could you really do it? Not talk about it, but actually carry out the deed. I definitely couldn’t. If it were my child who was murdered, or anyone in my family would I feel differently? I honestly don’t know, I can only say it as I see it now.

Perhaps, in cases where the death penalty is the sentence, the next of kin should be the executioner if that’s what they wanted. But how many would actually want to go through with it?

If you believe strongly in the death penalty then should you not be prepared to carry out an actual execution if it is required of you? Is giving the job to a third party not a “cop out” that removes personal responsibility for the legal killing and eases your conscience.

dalhousie
Old Nov 8th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

As did the Birmingham six and they where innocent.
Tracie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.