Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How did you come up with your user name?

How did you come up with your user name?

Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

DhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud of
Default How did you come up with your user name?

I notice one of the more dazzling things in BE is the user name that people use on the forum. I'm sure all these user names have interesting stories behind them. I spent most of my life in a city called Dhaka, so I decided to call myself DhakaBoy. What went behind your user name?
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you come up with your user name?

Originally Posted by DhakaBoy
I notice one of the more dazzling things in BE is the user name that people use on the forum. I'm sure all these user names have interesting stories behind them. I spent most of my life in a city called Dhaka, so I decided to call myself DhakaBoy. What went behind your user name?
My Dad always called me Pollyana when I was a kid, cos he reckoned I was always looking for the bright side of things, like the little girl in the book by the same name. Not sure where I went wrong.......
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm really from Uranus and I'm living amongst alien beings to judge your defensive capabilities, prior to the arrival of the hive ships.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

DhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
My Dad always called me Pollyana when I was a kid, cos he reckoned I was always looking for the bright side of things, like the little girl in the book by the same name. Not sure where I went wrong.......
That's so sweet, Pollyana!
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I'm really from Uranus and I'm living amongst alien beings to judge your defensive capabilities, prior to the arrival of the hive ships.
Hhmmmm...... interesting!
Old Nov 28th 2010, 7:11 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DhakaBoy
Hhmmmm...... interesting!
And probably true
Old Nov 28th 2010, 7:34 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I want to change mine.... every one thinks I'm a girl..... :-(

BB
Old Nov 28th 2010, 7:41 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

BB
I saw that....and there was me thinking you were a cute kiwi plaything
Old Nov 28th 2010, 7:52 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was an impulse.

I was searching the net for all things British that I might use in lessons, and I came across this one post on BE about English in Italy and paperwork. I was so incensed that the info was completely wrong - I signed up with the first name that came to mind just so I could set people straight.

I had no idea then that it could be seen globally.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

removalizer is an unknown quantity at this point

Back in the 80's a chap called Bob Nuss from Sydney used to frequent our area quite a lot mainly due to the fact he was very freindly with one of the ladies in our office and usually attended our local trade association conference giving a performance about Australians at the turn of the century and called his act Bob Nuss and the Removalizers.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by removalizer
Back in the 80's a chap called Bob Nuss from Sydney used to frequent our area quite a lot mainly due to the fact he was very freindly with one of the ladies in our office and usually attended our local trade association conference giving a performance about Australians at the turn of the century and called his act Bob Nuss and the Removalizers.
Wow, that's a 64 words long sentence.... and a very good story as well!!
Old Nov 28th 2010, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Mine was an impulse.

I was searching the net for all things British that I might use in lessons, and I came across this one post on BE about English in Italy and paperwork. I was so incensed that the info was completely wrong - I signed up with the first name that came to mind just so I could set people straight.

I had no idea then that it could be seen globally.
Thats a very nice sounding name though.....
Old Nov 28th 2010, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

BB
What do you want to change it to?
Old Nov 28th 2010, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

My name is Kim and I like Koala's....and can fall asleep zzzzzzzzz easily.......
Old Nov 28th 2010, 9:04 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

BB
Stop wearing stilettos then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.