Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How could a price of a furit double in one week..

How could a price of a furit double in one week..

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How could a price of a furit double in one week..

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Are spuds the new lettuce

I bought 4kg at ALDI for $1.99, woolworth were selling the same spuds for $2.98 a kilo.

To the OP if you want interesting prices watch capsicum, $3.98 a kilo one week $13.98 a kilo the next, interesting since it was probably picked and stored at the same time

But there is a method, if it rains its destroyed the crops, double it, if its dry it s a food shortage put it up 500%, its thursday so half the country will be getting their centerlink, double it, above 30 degrees heatwave, up 400%, below 10 degrees, frost hits crops down south, hide any remaining stock put up food shortage signs

Repeat with meat - eggs - wheat - milk....

Interesting thing is the price of pizza remains consistent, $3.95 for a large lardy all the dough you can eat, bonza mate
Totally agree, one more reason, why I put up with shopping at Aldi.

That pizza your talking about.... is that the take away price, because the cheapest we can get take away Large is 5.50 Aud. I'll be very surprised if they are cheaper up there.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:27 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: How could a price of a furit double in one week..

Friday, 29 February, 2008

Grocery prices will rise as tax increases on heavy vehicle road users are passed on to consumers, the federal government has conceded.

Transport Minister Anthony Albanese says federal and state transport ministers - meeting as the Australian Transport Council - had decided to implement National Transport Commission (NTC) recommendations to move towards full cost recovery for heavy vehicles.
SBS.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

That pizza your talking about.... is that the take away price, because the cheapest we can get take away Large is 5.50 Aud. I'll be very surprised if they are cheaper up there.
You get about a tree of junk mail each week, included in that are the $3.95 coupons, sometimes they deliver an entire book of coupons, the mind boggles how much pizza some people must eat.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:56 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Drought has also hit production. Farmers cannot suddenly lift production because they have laid off staff that have long since moved on.

The grape harvest is down 25% which means there won't be the clean skins on the market pushing down prices.

In Queensland the floods have brought mosquito born diseases killing off cattle.

The cost of transportation has also been hit by record oil prices and wages for truckies (mining pays well for truckies).

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Friday, 29 February, 2008

Grocery prices will rise as tax increases on heavy vehicle road users are passed on to consumers, the federal government has conceded.

Transport Minister Anthony Albanese says federal and state transport ministers - meeting as the Australian Transport Council - had decided to implement National Transport Commission (NTC) recommendations to move towards full cost recovery for heavy vehicles.
SBS.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:04 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Farideh my friend...I wasn't talking about you, I would never do that
I was talking about Ghost Rider ...who said I needed to be more intelligent to open them....
I didn't even know what they were.....and he spells 'intelligent' wrong ! :-)
right,lets kiss and make up

can we watch
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
right,lets kiss and make up

can we watch
soapy you did miss it, we did kiss & make up in private.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:02 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
last week i bought some clementinse in woolies for $5.50 a kilo, it was really nice & sweet.
so today i went to get some more, its gone up to $9.98 a kilo, how could it go up so much in one week, it is after all in season.
How do you work it out the prices here I dont understand.
Now all its going to happen is, nobody would buy it at that price, & they just go off then they have to bin it, where is the logic in that.
Ferrets are the double the price? How much are they now?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:06 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
soapy you did miss it, we did kiss & make up in private.
awe bollox, i miss all the good stuff
did you tape it?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Hi Farideh

Hows Chris doing? Better I hope.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:10 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by justsarah
Hi Farideh

Hows Chris doing? Better I hope.
he better be ok, hes our star player
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

did you tape it?

Sorry soapy ...it was a virtual kiss & make up
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Talking about Pizza, I make my own dough & it taste so yummy, its like the one you get from Pizza Express back in UK, it a hell of lot cheaper, & you know what goes in it.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

did you tape it?
What us girls doing cyber kiss & make up, wanted to see that.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

he better be ok, hes our star player
I am afraid he is still not well, Doctor has given him a note to take time off work until Friday.
Soapy, Chris is crap in playing football, my son is the one who would be playing, Chris is the rugby man.

He use to have his rugby team called Sumo Rugby 7, many years ago, he still hasnt lost the weight.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:36 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IvanM
Drought has also hit production. Farmers cannot suddenly lift production because they have laid off staff that have long since moved on.

The grape harvest is down 25% which means there won't be the clean skins on the market pushing down prices.

In Queensland the floods have brought mosquito born diseases killing off cattle.

The cost of transportation has also been hit by record oil prices and wages for truckies (mining pays well for truckies).
When you find a well paid truckie WITH a life who doesn't work over 70 hours a week and doesn't survive on 4 hours kip a night (if he's lucky) - let me know will ya? I can then find out where he works and get a job there!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.