Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are houses selling where you live in uk?

Are houses selling where you live in uk?

Old Jun 21st 2012, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are houses selling where you live in uk?

We are still trying to sell our house in the the UK. We have a 4 bed house in Durham and we have just reduced the price again to under 90k (pounds) as we had no takers . When we left for oz it was on the market for offers around 110k. We had tenents in over the past 2 years who have trashed it thanks to rubbish estate agents who were supposed to be managing the house. If we do manage to sell is we will be in negative equatity as we remorgtaged for 120k to modernise it up to normal standards.
The estate agent told us that houses in our area have not sold in over 6 months unfortunatly my parents have been watching the market and claim that is true. Very depressing.
Mandy
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
We are still trying to sell our house in the the UK. We have a 4 bed house in Durham and we have just reduced the price again to under 90k (pounds) as we had no takers . When we left for oz it was on the market for offers around 110k. We had tenents in over the past 2 years who have trashed it thanks to rubbish estate agents who were supposed to be managing the house. If we do manage to sell is we will be in negative equatity as we remorgtaged for 120k to modernise it up to normal standards.
The estate agent told us that houses in our area have not sold in over 6 months unfortunatly my parents have been watching the market and claim that is true. Very depressing.
Mandy
I am so sorry to hear you had terrible tenants. That is always a big worry when you rent your house. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Thank you for your reply.
Julie
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
We got out just as the dip started, by underpricing our house. First person to see it bought it. It went for about 25k less than it was worth, but it was more important for us to sell and be able to get out here. I wish my sister and brother would just cut the price of dad's house by 20k, then it might generate interest. It is freshly decorated, but needs a new kitchen and bathroom (unless you like orange) and so people will automatically look at the pics and think it needs too much work.

Good luck with the sale.
thank you ,good luck with your dads house. If mine doesn't sell I will have to rent as visa runs out this year.
Julie