Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

House sale fell trough last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

House sale fell trough last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:18 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House sale fell trough last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear this hopefully everything will work out in the end.........Good Luck.......C x
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:49 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for you. This is my worst nightmare as well. We are due to exchange contracts in the next two weeks. Having read on here so many stories about buyers pulling out at the last minute I am dreading this will happen to us as well.

I hope you can still fly out to Oz and that you find another buyer soon to complete the chain.

Gina
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:58 am
Just Joined

millsde is an unknown quantity at this point

Happend to us when we had moved to Australia, all the paper work was in place and we were just waiting for the contracts to be sent to us for signing when we got the dreaded phone call, I like you was so upset mainly because we were really skint, and we needed the money for a car as I was having to bus it everywhere, but 2 weeks later it was sold again, so don't worry, too much, can you still go ahead with your move to OZ.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:58 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Do not let it put you off in any way. These things happen all the time. We had to come back from NZ because our house did not sell. Still stuck here now in the UK 2 years later. It will sell. Best of luck to you.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by VikkiL
I feel sick when I read posts like these. This is my worst nightmare and I feel so sorry for you all, I really hope you sell it again very soon.

We are going to exchange contracts in a couple of weeks time and this is just what I dread happening to us.

K sent to you x
I am so sorry to hear the news, this is my nightmare also. I should be exchanging this week and everything's been delayed as there where some doc's missing! I'm terrified they are going to pull before exchange when it becomes legally binding. Fingers crossed you're able to resale soon. Keep your chin up. Karma sent
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

hideous nightmare selling houses (and buying)... when we brought this one the sellers suddenly demanded a large amount of money for the carpets as they discovered that their new house didn't include carpets.... we had a contents list and carpets were included, we refused to pay, the wife phones me and says that they were withdrawing the property....the Friday before we were due to exchange... I spent the entire weekend in the bedroom with a bottle of vodka hysterical crying, throwing things, the works...

Then on the Monday morning the husband phones to say sorry, will we go ahead as plannned and exchange today WITH carpets...

On the day we completed we discovered all light fittings had been severed... leaving bare wire... The house had been left filthy and garden plants dug up.... the b*st*rds....
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

Our house sale fell through while we were on holiday and we fond out by email. The one saving grace was that we hadn't sold cars, shipped goods etc. I was absolutely devastated so you must be feeling awful. The only thing that kept me going was that these things happen for a reason. Like another poster said you may end up getting more money

we still ahven't resold but have just booked tickets and we will be going if the house has sold or not.

Good luck and I hope it all works out ok for you

Jules
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:54 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear this

sent you some karma
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

sleep on it, you will have you business head on tomorrow when you get over the initial shock..... There are ways around it for you, you just have to do what's best...

S-j xx
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:05 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

What a F**k about, tjis is the last thing you need.
Good luck with everything, i'm sure it will be fine and someone else will snap up your home.
xxxx
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

I really empathise. This happened to us just as we left for Oz, then nearly happened again as we were going through the process of selling it while renting a place in Oz.
It's so stressful, no point me saying it isn't. Just hang in there. It's a good time of year to sell at least.
The law in England really needs to be changed.
We have bought in QLD now and think the process is so much fairer for both parties, done in an average of 30 days.

K sent.
Hope you get another buyer quickly.