Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

House sale fell trough last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

House sale fell trough last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

WILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud of
Default House sale fell trough last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

We were due to complete our house sale next Friday 15th June and were told last night that someone has pulled out at the last minute!

We were scheduled for Brisbane, have got the shippers booked for 3 days next week and quite literally most of our "to do" list was complete. Most things cancelled because of giving notice, all our 3 cars were sold having a hire car delivered today!

This is an absolute nightmare my OH, my and 19 year old son are also devastated, 7 year old knows nothing has changed.

What with all the emotions, parties organised, get togethers for farewells etc , can anyone offer a little reassurance that things will be ok?

I was going on a night out at Swinfen Hall with friends tonight but I have cancelled because I am so upset and feeling really sick.

Did this happen to anyone else or are we just the unlucky ones.

Hope to hear from you guys soon

The very sad Wilkinsons
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House sale fell trough last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when our house sale fell through we put another 2k and sold it again in a week this made us feel a bit better still lost a few months on our time line though
if your flights are booked and paid for you may have to think about the estate agent selling for in your absence i was ready to do this but we were lucky and still have time to book flights after exchange
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WILKINSONS
Hello everyone,

We were due to complete our house sale next Friday 15th June and were told last night that someone has pulled out at the last minute!

We were scheduled for Brisbane, have got the shippers booked for 3 days next week and quite literally most of our "to do" list was complete. Most things cancelled because of giving notice, all our 3 cars were sold having a hire car delivered today!

This is an absolute nightmare my OH, my and 19 year old son are also devastated, 7 year old knows nothing has changed.

What with all the emotions, parties organised, get togethers for farewells etc , can anyone offer a little reassurance that things will be ok?

I was going on a night out at Swinfen Hall with friends tonight but I have cancelled because I am so upset and feeling really sick.

The very sad Wilkinsons
so sorry to hear your news - get your estate agents to push a resale as fast as possible and to contact anyone who viewed prior to its sale. You never know you may get more money.

Are you still able to fly out or are you relying on the equity to set yourselves up??
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:51 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God, I hate reading these posts. What a nightmare. There really should be something people can do to stop this happening, it's just WRONG.

I really hope you get another buyer quickly. Will you still be able to go and leave the house to sell in your absence?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:35 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

The very sad Wilkinsons
You should of course get the exchange monies (5 or 10% depending on what was put down)-will that be enough to cover starting up in Oz whilst leaving house in hands of agent? Spring is a good time to sell and market is bouyant right now so Im sure all will work out
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:56 am
Just Joined

yorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to all

Hello everyone,

The very sad Wilkinsons
Hi

This happened to us. Actually they pulled out on the 1st day the packers were there. There I was with the guys packing and I get the dreaded phone call from the solicitors. Luckily we sold again the next day to some people who were in a 'good position'. This was at the beginning of Dec 2006 and we had our flights booked for mid Jan 2007. It didn't give us much time...but we did it....JUST!! It meant that we could spend the rest of the time in house instead of staying with friends/relatives. Granted it was an empty house but at least it was our house. It was a very very stressful time but we got there in the end. We are now happily settled on the Gold Coast...I will get round to doing an update one day!!!

Yorkies
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about the house sale. As if things weren't stressful enough for you.

That happened to us a few years back, when we were buying a house, we were in the solicitor's office signing, when the phone call came through that they had decided not to sell.

When we found another house, we put in an offer which was accepted, but we said only on the provision that the contracts were signed within 10days and that they could stay in the house for another month.

When our visas come through, I hope to put the house on the market with a clause that the house needs to be signed for within 10 days, so this doesn't happen.

I really hope things work out, you don't need this hassle.

Chin up,

crocodileseamus
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Am sos sorry to hear your awful news...will keep everything crossed for you that you get a new buyer quickly xx
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

FionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura about

oh no ! sorry to see the post hope it all works out for u all,dont worry that cash buyer will be just around the corner x(fingers crossed)
FIONA X
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:29 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

The very sad Wilkinsons
Thats is just awful......i really do feel for you.

I hope you can get something sorted soon

(((((hugs ))))))
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:33 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

I feel sick when I read posts like these. This is my worst nightmare and I feel so sorry for you all, I really hope you sell it again very soon.

We are going to exchange contracts in a couple of weeks time and this is just what I dread happening to us.

K sent to you x
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Just wanted to say I hope it all works out for the best - maybe you will get more for it, good time to sell. Take care and good luck.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

I feel so sorry for you this is what we're dreading, if we eventually sell it! karma sent hopefully it gets sorted soon.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

WILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by curly
I feel so sorry for you this is what we're dreading, if we eventually sell it! karma sent hopefully it gets sorted soon.
Thank you everyone for fantastic support!
I hope it never ever happens to any one else.
Its bad enough moving from 1 house in the UK to another in the UK but when you are moving to the other side of the world its alot worse.

Love to everyone
The Wilkinsonsxxx
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone,

The very sad Wilkinsons
Dont wory we left for brissy last 8 nov being told our hoUse sale was solid and not to worry. Had exactly the same happen some people fell out f the bottom of the chain 2 weeks after we arrived Now that was a nightmare! Eventually sold middle of feb. These things happen just carry on with your plans wait for another buyer to enter the chain and if u need to just borrow a bit of money from the bank tilol the house does eventually sell
Good luck
Raven

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.