Homesickness

Old Oct 4th 2011, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesickness

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Why have you assumed if someone prefers Aus over UK it's cos they came from a shite place in UK

As you can see.....zulu is not our resident Agony Aunt
i thought the general feeling in the barbie was that the whole of the uk was a shite place and Australia is a shiney shiney shiney bucket full of rose scented shit.....

Ooops.... Dont Feed the Troll!!!
Old Oct 4th 2011, 8:25 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
i thought the general feeling in the barbie was that the whole of the uk was a shite place and Australia is a shiney shiney shiney bucket full of rose scented shit.....

Ooops.... Dont Feed the Troll!!!
Are you saying that aint true
Old Oct 4th 2011, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you saying that aint true
No
Old Oct 4th 2011, 8:31 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

No
No you aren't or no it's not
Old Oct 4th 2011, 8:49 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't assumed anything, I said 'for others' which can be 1% or 99%. At no time did I say for all. Perhaps read what I actually say rather than what you yourself read into it.

Why have you assumed if someone prefers Aus over UK it's cos they came from a shite place in UK
Old Oct 4th 2011, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by chris955
I haven't assumed anything, I said 'for others' which can be 1% or 99%. At no time did I say for all. Perhaps read what I actually say rather than what you yourself read into it.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No you aren't or no it's not
Yes
Old Oct 4th 2011, 10:45 am

Yes
oh I see
Old Oct 4th 2011, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I like to maintain a certain air of mystery Not give away ALL my inner most thoughts... Keep at least some secrets....
Old Oct 4th 2011, 10:51 am

I like to maintain a certain air of mystery Not give away ALL my inner most thoughts... Keep at least some secrets....
Really? I wouldnta guessed
Old Oct 4th 2011, 7:14 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

It affects different people in different ways, probably influenced by where you were living in the UK and where you live now. My wife has lived here for 20 odd years on and off and has always been homesick. She is from Bath so she misses all the beautiful buildings, countryside, etc etc. I was bought up here but still feel homesick for England and we are moving back in a few months. For US life is no better here than it would be there so there is a big draw but obviously for others that have perhaps 'escaped' a not very nice area the feelings will be much reduced.
Everyones situation is different and it must be dealt with accordingly. I do think it must be terrible not to miss your homeland and things must have been awful to feel that way.
Do you know, that really pisses me off.

Not everyone who is happy in Australia 'escaped from some Hell in the UK'.

I haven't had any homesickness and I'm not a liar. (Sorry Eddie )

I left a beautiful part of the UK, Himself had a damn fine job and the kids were in one of the best state schools in the area. We've lived in two very different parts of Australia and we've settled and loved them both.

Driving into our old village on Friday, there was a momentary pang (mostly because its still exactly the same) which lasted right until we had to drive on the ring road around the place .

I'm enjoying our trip back to the UK.. but I'm missing home.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 9:00 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really sure why some are having a problem with this, I said 'for others' which does not mean everyone as you have said. For SOME they have no doubt left a horrible place in the UK, I have read it on forums many times but that does NOT mean that EVERYONE has left a hellhole.
Good for you really but why be so defensive ? If you love it hear that is fantastic.

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Do you know, that really pisses me off.

Not everyone who is happy in Australia 'escaped from some Hell in the UK'.

I haven't had any homesickness and I'm not a liar. (Sorry Eddie )

I left a beautiful part of the UK, Himself had a damn fine job and the kids were in one of the best state schools in the area. We've lived in two very different parts of Australia and we've settled and loved them both.

Driving into our old village on Friday, there was a momentary pang (mostly because its still exactly the same) which lasted right until we had to drive on the ring road around the place .

I'm enjoying our trip back to the UK.. but I'm missing home.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 9:27 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

what is homesickness?

i miss family and friends, places, events but not to the point i get down about it.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 9:46 pm
Banned

No offence but good for you, it is something that affects a huge number of people quite seriously.

Originally Posted by soapy©

i miss family and friends, places, events but not to the point i get down about it.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:44 pm

I'm not really sure why some are having a problem with this, I said 'for others' which does not mean everyone as you have said. For SOME they have no doubt left a horrible place in the UK, I have read it on forums many times but that does NOT mean that EVERYONE has left a hellhole.
Good for you really but why be so defensive ? If you love it hear that is fantastic.
I think you'll find most people came to Aus cos they want to not cos they "had to leave a horrible place in UK". I guess your comment did not make sense

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.