Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Homebuyers packs (HIPS)

Homebuyers packs (HIPS)

Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:23 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Homebuyers packs (HIPS)

What an absolute load of rubish. £600+ for the 'wonderful' packs.

Do you know, I planned to stay for at least another year but stuff it, I refuse to adhere to this nanny state subsidy.

I am gutted as I wanted to stretch out my plans to visit place in the UK and Europe but I need to visit them sooner rather than later.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:25 pm
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Homebuyers packs (HIPS)

Originally Posted by killamarsh

Do you know, I planned to stay for at least another year but stuff it, I refuse to adhere to this nanny state subsidy.

I am gutted as I wanted to stretch out my plans to visit place in the UK and Europe but I need to visit them sooner rather than later.
I'm not sure myself - I can see what they are trying to do and to be honest I don't see how it can get any worse than it is at the moment. This from somebody on sale attempt number three and wondering if I'll every exchange
Martyn
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I think that it's a fantastic idea. I've experienced house purchases/sales in Oz, UK and USA, and I know which system is easisets, fastest, slickest, and i reckon (but no stats to back up) less chance of sales falling thru. U get an offer and u therefore have the sale. ..own/sell the place in 30/60/90 days. None of this chain business!!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I think that it's a fantastic idea. I've experienced house purchases/sales in Oz, UK and USA, and I know which system is easisets, fastest, slickest, and i reckon (but no stats to back up) less chance of sales falling thru. U get an offer and u therefore have the sale. ..own/sell the place in 30/60/90 days. None of this chain business!!
I have to disagree the pack doesn't address the main problem of people pulling out of sales or being "Gaz-umped"(sp) - Until there is a system where the offer to buy is in writing and irreversible within say 7 to 14 days (to allow for cooling off and granting of mortgage), the UK system will always be a nightmare.

The pack requires the owner to have a survey, it doesn't specify neutral/or "government recommended" surveyors so buyers will not trust the sellers survey and still do their own- what a waste of money.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all

AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh More misery today.
Now to add to the pack you must have your house graded for energy efficiency mainly based on how well insulated it is- what a joke.
I'm off to work out how to insulate my Victorian single external walls - not.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

When does this start?

June 2007 in answer to my own question!

Last edited by milliesmum; Jun 14th 2006 at 2:19 pm. Reason: just found it
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:19 pm
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by milliesmum
When does this start?
Planned to be mandatory from next June.

Martyn
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tin
Planned to be mandatory from next June.

Martyn
Thanks Martyn
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Homebuyers packs (HIPS)

Originally Posted by bruce67
AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh More misery today.
Now to add to the pack you must have your house graded for energy efficiency mainly based on how well insulated it is- what a joke.
I'm off to work out how to insulate my Victorian single external walls - not.
Yet another GREAT reason to sell up and move to OZ!!!

Paula
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:45 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah the packs are crap , but on the nanny state , you will be out of the frying pan on that one.
Good luck with the sale .