British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Homebuyers packs (HIPS) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/homebuyers-packs-hips-379022/)

killamarsh Jun 12th 2006 8:23 pm

Homebuyers packs (HIPS)

What an absolute load of rubish. £600+ for the 'wonderful' packs.

Do you know, I planned to stay for at least another year but stuff it, I refuse to adhere to this nanny state subsidy.

I am gutted as I wanted to stretch out my plans to visit place in the UK and Europe but I need to visit them sooner rather than later.

tin Jun 12th 2006 8:25 pm

Re: Homebuyers packs (HIPS)

Originally Posted by killamarsh

Do you know, I planned to stay for at least another year but stuff it, I refuse to adhere to this nanny state subsidy.

I am gutted as I wanted to stretch out my plans to visit place in the UK and Europe but I need to visit them sooner rather than later.

I'm not sure myself - I can see what they are trying to do and to be honest I don't see how it can get any worse than it is at the moment. This from somebody on sale attempt number three and wondering if I'll every exchange :(
Martyn

Ozzidoc Jun 12th 2006 9:57 pm

I think that it's a fantastic idea. I've experienced house purchases/sales in Oz, UK and USA, and I know which system is easisets, fastest, slickest, and i reckon (but no stats to back up) less chance of sales falling thru. U get an offer and u therefore have the sale. ..own/sell the place in 30/60/90 days. None of this chain business!!

bruce67 Jun 13th 2006 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I think that it's a fantastic idea. I've experienced house purchases/sales in Oz, UK and USA, and I know which system is easisets, fastest, slickest, and i reckon (but no stats to back up) less chance of sales falling thru. U get an offer and u therefore have the sale. ..own/sell the place in 30/60/90 days. None of this chain business!!

I have to disagree the pack doesn't address the main problem of people pulling out of sales or being "Gaz-umped"(sp) - Until there is a system where the offer to buy is in writing and irreversible within say 7 to 14 days (to allow for cooling off and granting of mortgage), the UK system will always be a nightmare.

The pack requires the owner to have a survey, it doesn't specify neutral/or "government recommended" surveyors so buyers will not trust the sellers survey and still do their own- what a waste of money.

bruce67 Jun 14th 2006 1:43 pm

AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh :mad: More misery today.
Now to add to the pack you must have your house graded for energy efficiency mainly based on how well insulated it is- what a joke.
I'm off to work out how to insulate my Victorian single external walls - not.

milliesmum Jun 14th 2006 2:18 pm

When does this start? :eek:

June 2007 in answer to my own question!

tin Jun 14th 2006 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by milliesmum
When does this start? :eek:

Planned to be mandatory from next June.

Martyn

milliesmum Jun 14th 2006 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by tin
Planned to be mandatory from next June.

Martyn

Thanks Martyn :)

Downies Jun 14th 2006 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by bruce67
AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh :mad: More misery today.
Now to add to the pack you must have your house graded for energy efficiency mainly based on how well insulated it is- what a joke.
I'm off to work out how to insulate my Victorian single external walls - not.

Yet another GREAT reason to sell up and move to OZ!!!

Paula

Perthforme Jun 14th 2006 2:45 pm

Yeah the packs are crap , but on the nanny state , you will be out of the frying pan on that one. :rolleyes:
Good luck with the sale .