Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

HELP please - sewing emergency in Perth

HELP please - sewing emergency in Perth

Old Jan 27th 2017, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default HELP please - sewing emergency in Perth

Hello to everyone,

I have the following “sewing emergency” and hope someone can help. I live in Iluka (Perth) and am happy to come to you anywhere in Perth if you are able to help me.

I am travelling to a wedding in India on early Tues morning. My Indian outfit required an alteration and the tailor recommend by the shop botched it: I can stand in the pants – but I can’t sit down! Pants are too tight around my thunder-thighs.

The tailor assured me it would be fine because he made the seams extra strong. Well, it most assuredly is not “fine”.

The construction of the pants makes the “fix” not too hard, I think: There is a panel already inserted on the inside of each leg. This needs to come out and a larger panel inserted. I have the needed fabric. But I don’t have a sewing machine. (I can sew on buttons but that’s pretty much the extend of my sewing skills.) I don’t think it would take very long to “fix” this. I will of course pay you.

I know this is very much a “first-world” problem. But the thought that I’ll be in the family photos wearing an outfit I wear usually to work instead of my gorgeous Indian outfit makes me very unhappy.

If someone in Perth thinks they can help me between today (27th Jan) and Monday evening (30th Jan), could you kindly get in touch? <<<SNIP>>>

Many thanks for reading.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 27th 2017 at 2:13 am. Reason: Please do not post personal info such as phone # and email address. Thanks
Old Jan 29th 2017, 7:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP please - sewing emergency in Perth

if you have facebook I would suggest posting on the Perth Beer Economy facebook page of the many buy and sell pages around the Joondalup area. You may have more luck than here.