Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hello from the other side

Hello from the other side

Old Jul 12th 2006, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hello from the other side

Hi Wendy,

Just wanted to say 'Welcome to Adelaide!!' .. and yes it is a bit chilly at the moment ..

Nikki
xx
Old Jul 16th 2006, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the replies

Been a bit warmer today. It's been around 9 degrees for the past few days (reading from the clock near me) and really cold at night. Down to around 3 -5 degrees. At least we have reverse air con, and since we are in a caravan park we don't have to worry about paying the electric bill

Bought a car, a falcon with a full body kit. Really flash car, 8 years old for $10,000 (inc reg etc). Will post a pic when I get my own computer.

Only bad thing I have to say about so far is that our cabin is infested with ants and the other thing is that I put my cardy on this morning and had the shock of my life when a cockroach decided to run off of it onto my face :scared: Nearly had heart attack. The cabin has now been sprayed from top to bottom.

Still looking for houses. The agents here are so slow it's untrue. Ok for them sat in their nice houses on a night We have til Friday to find something, so fingers crossed they get their act together.

Take care all. Be back soon
Old Jul 16th 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

You take care too - yuk to the cockroach - I DETEST THEM :scared:
Sounds like your first car is similar to my first car
Sarah
Old Jul 16th 2006, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WendyC
Thanks for all the replies

Been a bit warmer today. It's been around 9 degrees for the past few days (reading from the clock near me) and really cold at night. Down to around 3 -5 degrees. At least we have reverse air con, and since we are in a caravan park we don't have to worry about paying the electric bill

Bought a car, a falcon with a full body kit. Really flash car, 8 years old for $10,000 (inc reg etc). Will post a pic when I get my own computer.

Only bad thing I have to say about so far is that our cabin is infested with ants and the other thing is that I put my cardy on this morning and had the shock of my life when a cockroach decided to run off of it onto my face Nearly had heart attack. The cabin has now been sprayed from top to bottom.

Still looking for houses. The agents here are so slow it's untrue. Ok for them sat in their nice houses on a night We have til Friday to find something, so fingers crossed they get their act together.

Take care all. Be back soon
Hello

Coackroaches are Devil Spawn
Old Jul 16th 2006, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Hello

Amen to that

Got 2 mins left, so I'll love ya and leave ya. See you soon
Old Jul 16th 2006, 5:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Hello

Probably live on beetroot

Get used to the ants and the cockroaches....sprays don't deter them for long The roaches fly by the way, just to make it even worse......
Old Jul 16th 2006, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you all the best with your new lives & the house hunting !

Keeping my fingers crossed you find something soon,

Remember plenty of antifreeze will keep you warm at nightime !!

Nicky
Old Jul 17th 2006, 12:43 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Get used to the ants and the cockroaches....sprays don't deter them for long The roaches fly by the way, just to make it even worse......
I know one was on a door pelmet...sprayed it, and the bastard flew straight at me :scared: :scared:
Old Jul 17th 2006, 1:57 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys - Missed you all !!

Well what can I say about Australia !!

It's cold, wet and just great

My Aunt has been an absolute star, driving us all over the place looking for houses and cars. We have two houses to look at tomorrow and are going car hunting on Friday.

Adelaide is a lovely city and not at all like we were expecting it to be. My hubby said it'll be nice when it's finished

Caravan park is nice, but the computer has been broken until now, which is why I've not been on before now.

Will be back with a better update when I've got my house and things sorted out.
Pleased you're there safely mate.

Have fun.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to your new live!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know :scared:
Old Jul 17th 2006, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have a house

Move in on Friday.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 4:31 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

I have a house

Move in on Friday.
Congrats. Now you have the fun job of shopping to furnish it
Old Jul 17th 2006, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

I have a house

Move in on Friday.
Brilliant news, well done. Take it you'll be leaving your ants and
coackroaches behind!!
Sharon xx
Old Jul 17th 2006, 6:33 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Pollyana...why did you have to go and say that :scared: :scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.