Hello...

Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:33 pm
MJX
Just Joined

MJX will become famous soon enough
Default Hello...

I'm not sure if this is the kind of forum where an introductory thread is a requirement or just considered noise, but what the h*ll, i'll do it anyway.

I / We are a Scottish couple looking to get away from home, maybe permanently, maybe not. I've worked in a few places throughout Europe and think there are opportunities out there that can't be found at home...i've not been to Australia but my wife (sorry...OH) has and she thinks it's a viable spot for us.

Right now we're digging through the vast reams of quality info on this site and digesting what we can, but no doubt we'll have some questions that we may need your collective assistance with...

Oh, for further info, i'm a project manager in the IT biz, so any comments on the prospects in that area would be most welcome.

Cheers!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:36 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello...

Welcome MJX

IT prospects are vast in Oz but make sure you check out all the qualification requirements. Loads of IT Boffins on here who I'm sure will help you out. I've only just worked out how to use t'internet.

Check out job sites in Oz like Seek, CareerOne and CareerJet - loads of project manager jobs around.

Good Luck.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Hi

Just wanted to say welcome to B.E

minibelle
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

littlemiss will become famous soon enough

Welcome to BE. I am sure there are lots of people on here who can provide you with all the information you need.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:40 pm
MJX
Just Joined

Wow! Speedy responses. Thanks all!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

littlemiss will become famous soon enough

Hi MJX,

You may also want to look in the "Working Abroad" section of the forums page, I am sure there is an IT thread and you may find some useful information regarding your area of work in there! Good luck
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:04 pm
MJX
Just Joined

Originally Posted by littlemiss
Hi MJX,

You may also want to look in the "Working Abroad" section of the forums page, I am sure there is an IT thread and you may find some useful information regarding your area of work in there! Good luck
Doh! I had totally missed that section!

Thanks littlemiss
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:51 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJX
I'm not sure if this is the kind of forum where an introductory thread is a requirement or just considered noise, but what the h*ll, i'll do it anyway.

I / We are a Scottish couple looking to get away from home, maybe permanently, maybe not. I've worked in a few places throughout Europe and think there are opportunities out there that can't be found at home...i've not been to Australia but my wife (sorry...OH) has and she thinks it's a viable spot for us.

Right now we're digging through the vast reams of quality info on this site and digesting what we can, but no doubt we'll have some questions that we may need your collective assistance with...

Oh, for further info, i'm a project manager in the IT biz, so any comments on the prospects in that area would be most welcome.

Cheers!

Hi and welcome on board....Ems x
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Baltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the rough

Hello and welcome I know sweet FA about IT, but there's many a folk round here that do!! Best of luck
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:13 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJX

Cheers!
Welcome to the madness wich is BE..............hope you have a pleasant stay.

Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, can't answer your questions just wanted to say hello and welcome, oh and good luck.