Heath Ledger - RIP

Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:27 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heath Ledger - RIP

Originally Posted by Amazulu
How do you accidentally take an overdose of prescription drugs, some of which were not prescribed to him.

No, he killed himself. What a total loser.
Its actually quite easy to do...my mate did it the tit...she was on meds for bad asthma, got up in the night with a blinding headache...and took painkillers thats had been prescribed to her a year back which had codeine in. I went round in the morning and she was gasping for breath, totally out of it and talking shite...I looked at the tabs and noticed that it said not to be taken with Codeine...in small letters I might add. I phoned the pharmacist and asked him what to do...he said just stop all meds and let her sleep it off...but dont leave her side. She was bloody lucky I went round that morning....She just didnt think to check if they could be taken together .
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Don't agree with the suicide comments for a number of reasons. I think Heath Ledger mixed his drugs and it killed him, no great plan in mind, just brain stopped sending the messages to keep breathing.

Really think the 'suicide = being a tool' comments are insensitive and show little thought.
He didn't have to commit suicide to kill himself. Taking a cocktail of powerful prescription drugs - some of which were not prescribed to him - is killing himself. What a selfish idiot.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

People do daft things all the time, as Biggy's poor friend found out, it is only too easy to make a mistake. I don't think it is selfish, careless maybe, but not selfish. I am sure most of us make bad decisions when driving etc and are lucky to be here.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:32 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

He didn't have to commit suicide to kill himself. Taking a cocktail of powerful prescription drugs - some of which were not prescribed to him - is killing himself. What a selfish idiot.
Re-read your posts and you were not being as extreme as I thought you were!

I do understand the difference between a deliberate act and an accidental death.

I do agree that it was foolish thing to do and can understand why you think it selfish. I personally think it was a desperately unfortunate turn of events for all concerned.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:41 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busterboy
Don't agree with the suicide comments for a number of reasons. I think Heath Ledger mixed his drugs and it killed him, no great plan in mind, just brain stopped sending the messages to keep breathing.

Really think the 'suicide = being a tool' comments are insensitive and show little thought.
We would like to think our friend had done it by mistake its easier but reality is he probably meant it we never imagine him ever wanting to leave his young daughter he doted on her.

suicide is in no means a tool i agree you must be in such a bad way to do it, it is heartbreaking to the people the leave behind though.

Last edited by kez81; Feb 8th 2008 at 12:46 am.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I find it really hard to understand how someone with a young child could kill themslelves. I know people get desperate and think the world would be better off without them etc, but I know my little boy would be depsperate if he couldn't find me and didn't know where I was, regardless of what I think of myself as a human being. I am not saying they are evil or anything, just that it is really hard for me to understand.

Katie
btw I tried to use spell check but it is not working. Sorry for any typos.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by KatieStar
I find it really hard to understand how someone with a young child could kill themslelves. I know people get desperate and think the world would be better off without them etc, but I know my little boy would be depsperate if he couldn't find me and didn't know where I was, regardless of what I think of myself as a human being. I am not saying they are evil or anything, just that it is really hard for me to understand.

Katie
i find it hard to understand too i could never imagine ever leaving my kids but when your in that dark place you must not be thinking straight, our friends little girl seems to be coping she's 8 but my MIL said she doesnt think it has sunk in, she lives with her grandmother as her mum is a waste of space and she doesnt see her, now she's never going to see her dad again poor girl.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

That is really sad. Poor little girl. I hope she has a good life with her grandmother.

My MIL was telling me of a lady with bad post natal depression, she took herself off to the psych hospital, she was so desperate for help. They turned her way as she had no referral from her GP. The next day she killed herself and left behind two children. She must of been in a terrible state. I guess you are not thinking rationally at that point. The last place she went to for help and she got turned away.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Katie
This is what I was trying to say. This is why he was selfish to kill himself. Now his precious little girl has to grow up without a father.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:01 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I was trying to say. This is why he was selfish to kill himself. Now his precious little girl has to grow up without a father.
You obviously have strong feelings about this but I'm not sure that constantly repeating that he was selfish helps here. He may have been stupid, careless or unlucky but I dont think there is any suggestion that he meant to take his own life and deprive his daughter of her father
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:03 am

That is really sad. Poor little girl. I hope she has a good life with her grandmother.

My MIL was telling me of a lady with bad post natal depression, she took herself off to the psych hospital, she was so desperate for help. They turned her way as she had no referral from her GP. The next day she killed herself and left behind two children. She must of been in a terrible state. I guess you are not thinking rationally at that point. The last place she went to for help and she got turned away.
thats so sad, her poor family.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:04 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by ex_exile
You obviously have strong feelings about this but I'm not sure that constantly repeating that he was selfish helps here. He may have been stupid, careless or unlucky but I dont think there is any suggestion that he meant to take his own life and deprive his daughter of her father
I'm sure he didn't want to die but must have known he was playing with fire. That makes him selfish and unthinking in my book.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:08 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure he didn't want to die but must have known he was playing with fire. That makes him selfish and unthinking in my book.
Do you have any experience of people with drug and / or emotional problems? They often dont have complete control
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:00 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Heath Ledger - RIP

Ledger was a fellow Perthie, the poor bastard. And 7 years younger than me, for crying out loud! That's no age to die.

Quite easy to see how this was a accidental, though.

Doxylamine is an anti-allergy pill, while Alprazolam is an anti-depressant. Taking both at once is not unusual. Hydrocodone and Oxycodone are both painkillers which carry a risk of chemical dependence. Diazepam and Temazepam are both powerful soporifics. The evidence points to a man suffering from depression, sleeping problems, and chronic pain.

Some of these can be combined without danger, particularly Doxylamine, which is often taken with other drugs. Ledger was obviously careless (or didn't care?) and took too many at the same time; perhaps as the result of dependency.

He said while no medications were taken in excess, his son's death "serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage".

"While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy."

[...]

The pain killers, oxycodone and hydrocodone are opiates, which are dangerous when combined with anti-anxiety medicines like diazepam, alprazolam and temazepam.
ABC.

None of them were taken in excess, which pretty much rules out suicide. So it was just an ill-judged combination by someone who wasn't in the right frame of mind to exercise caution.

RIP Ledgie. I'll miss ya, mate.

Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

OzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really nice

That makes him selfish and unthinking in my book.
WHats wrong with you!!!!!! Whatever happened to just RIP!!

No-one part from him knows what was going on in his life and we have no right to judge.

RIP!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.