Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone flown Air France - long haul?

Has Anyone flown Air France - long haul?

Old Apr 7th 2011, 6:57 am
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all
Default Has Anyone flown Air France - long haul?

What it says in the title really! Moving back to Aus in November this year and desperately looking for flights - with the increase in taxes air fares are horrendous.

Cheapest so far, other than china / korea is Air France - what are they like to fly with? Hope I get a few posts to this question.

Blossom
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:05 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has Anyone flown Air France - long haul?

No personal experience...read lots of bad reviews though.

They don't fly to Aus so normally I think the Asia - Aus leg is on Qantas when sold by AF.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:08 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

BTW what fares are you seeing? From and to?
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:10 am
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

I'm looking Business Class Heathrow to Sydney.

AF £1707 Quantas £3000+!!!
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
No personal experience...read lots of bad reviews though.

They don't fly to Aus so normally I think the Asia - Aus leg is on Qantas when sold by AF.
the one I usually get QF9/10 then QF51/52 codeshares BA and Air France so I think the OP could be fairly sure its going to be a BA or QF flight.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blossom
What it says in the title really! Moving back to Aus in November this year and desperately looking for flights - with the increase in taxes air fares are horrendous.

Cheapest so far, other than china / korea is Air France - what are they like to fly with? Hope I get a few posts to this question.

Blossom
I flew with them long haul a few years ago - Paris to Johannesburg. They were not good but not terrible either.

THat was in economy but you want business which is always a lot different. If the cost means so much to you why are you flying business?
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:27 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Blossom
Comme ci, comme ca... Desolee...
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:30 am
wannabeeinaussie

I need to fly anything other than economy for health reasons - I have underlying problems with my legs and need to keep them elevated and to fly economy would just about cripple me. Flying Business Class cripples the pocket but rather that than my body!

Hence why I like to shop around and get the best deal - cannot believe people automatically think everyone is loaded cos they fly business class, even if I was, i am entitled to shop around just as everybody else does.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

SmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Comme ci, comme ca... Desolee...
I have to fly Air France pretty much every month as i work in africa...i despise every second of it. Awful food, surly flight attendants, rubbish in flight entertainment, and then of course the horror that is CDG airport. Other than that, great.......

Bizarrely, KLM, their joint partners, are simply brilliant, my fave airline by a mile.

Last edited by SmogMonster; Apr 7th 2011 at 7:35 am.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:32 am
wannabeeinaussie

Thanks Smogmonster - I shall keep looking then!
Old Apr 7th 2011, 8:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

I'm looking Business Class Heathrow to Sydney.

AF £1707 Quantas £3000+!!!
You could consider this:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653462

Skip to post #517

It will cost you about £2000 for a return business class on Thai with the current deal & exchange rate (note the return is only really useful if you can commit to a date).

Bear in mind your 1707 fare will only be half on AF though, most likely QF/BA to Sydney as already mentioned. If it's in business I wouldn't be too worried about flying AF I guess...though I have read some horror stories.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 8:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

....I notice there are good fares on Asiana via Seoul...I'd have no worries booking that - decent airline.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 8:41 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Blossom
The plane was fine, can't remember what type it was but it looked brand new and had plenty of leg room, best food ever on a flight, good entertainment system, refreshments put out over night etc. The cabin crew were a bit arrogant and needed some coaching in customer care, other than that ok. p.s. they code share with Qantas so you'll probably do the last leg with them. Of the two AF are better.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Dentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really nice

Originally Posted by SmogMonster
I have to fly Air France pretty much every month as i work in africa...i despise every second of it. Awful food, surly flight attendants, rubbish in flight entertainment, and then of course the horror that is CDG airport. Other than that, great.......

Bizarrely, KLM, their joint partners, are simply brilliant, my fave airline by a mile.
I also fly frequently with Air France and KLM, the above post sums it up nicely.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

I did the trip last September. Melbourne to Paris and then home London to Melbourne. Qantas flight to hong kong then air France. I flew business and pretty ordinary compared to other airlines, in fact the food was so bad it was inedible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.