Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Harbhajan Singh 3 match ban - hypocrisy??

Harbhajan Singh 3 match ban - hypocrisy??

Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

down under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nice
Default Re: Harbhajan Singh 3 match ban - hypocrisy??

Originally Posted by renth
If the incident boils down to Roy's word against Harbhajan's with no witnesses, as appears to be the case then the cricket authorities have to let it go as unproven at the appeal.

It appears that any ban will be lifted pending the outcome of an appeal so I would have thought the tour will continue.
sachin was with sinhg and the umpires,but i guess hes said nothing
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:29 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by down under
Good "company man." He's not going to grass up his team mate is he?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:29 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but was he with him when it was supposed to have been said?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Yes, but was he with him when it was supposed to have been said?

This is what I saw:

Singh waved Symonds over, then he said something and Symonds kept walking and said ' Don't call me Monkey'. They carried on and Symonds said something else - that's when I stopped watching as I needed a pee. But no, there were only them two there, although the umpire walked past just before I saw Symonds say the above.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:46 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
This is what I saw:

Singh waved Symonds over, then he said something and Symonds kept walking and said ' Don't call me Monkey'. They carried on and Symonds said something else - that's when I stopped watching as I needed a pee. But no, there were only them two there, although the umpire walked past just before I saw Symonds say the above.
That's what I saw too, so I cannot understand if Symonds hadn't heard Singh clearly, then how the hell did anyone else? Answer? They didn't. So one's word against the other, yet Singh gets a 3 Test ban? Crazy.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

down under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nice

imo, if sachin says it different ,id believe him over the liars ,sorry aussies,most people know hes one of the last few 'honest' players,thats my opinion
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I saw too, so I cannot understand if Symonds hadn't heard Singh clearly, then how the hell did anyone else? Answer? They didn't. So one's word against the other, yet Singh gets a 3 Test ban? Crazy.

It's one of them damned if you do and damned if you don't things isn't it.

If you don't find him guilty of making racist comments, then it's sending out a 'you can do what you like so long as no-one hears you' signal. And if you do find him guilty of it then you are saying 'we dont believe you'

I'm certainly gald it wasn't my decision
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

imo, if sachin says it different ,id believe him over the liars ,sorry aussies,most people know hes one of the last few 'honest' players,thats my opinion

I agree with you. However he wasn't stood there at the time, so how can he be 100% sure?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

I agree with you. However he wasn't stood there at the time, so how can he be 100% sure?
im talking about when they were all gathered round the umps,im sure he can read his teammate, and sussed out the situation,me thinks, i could be wrong
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:59 am
'In limboland'

It's one of them damned if you do and damned if you don't things isn't it.

If you don't find him guilty of making racist comments, then it's sending out a 'you can do what you like so long as no-one hears you' signal. And if you do find him guilty of it then you are saying 'we dont believe you'

I'm certainly gald it wasn't my decision
Well all I can say is I'm glad it wasn't a court. How can you find anyone guilty without a witness? Singh says he didn't call Symonds a monkey, Symonds now says otherwise. I don't think you can 'convict' anyone on hearsay. I am totally against racism and any sporting body should come down hard on anyone who is found guilty of it within their sport, but you cannot ban someone through hearsay alone. Lehman was found guilty in Sri Lanka of much worse, yet he only got a 5 ODI ban. Where's the fairness in that? What kind of example is being set here?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well all I can say is I'm glad it wasn't a court. How can you find anyone guilty without a witness? Singh says he didn't call Symonds a monkey, Symonds now says otherwise. I don't think you can 'convict' anyone on hearsay. I am totally against racism and any sporting body should come down hard on anyone who is found guilty of it within their sport, but you cannot ban someone through hearsay alone. Lehman was found guilty in Sri Lanka of much worse, yet he only got a 5 ODI ban. Where's the fairness in that? What kind of example is being set here?

Yep, I agree with you.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

im talking about when they were all gathered round the umps,im sure he can read his teammate, and sussed out the situation,me thinks, i could be wrong

By the same token you could say the same about Symonds team mates though.

I do think he said something - what it was I don't know. I agree with ST Georges Girl though, there is no 'real' evidence either way.

It should all have been sorted out some other way than banning him without any real evidence. They are all adults, and I'm sure there could have been more productive ways of sorting it out.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

I do think he said something - what it was I don't know. I agree with ST Georges Girl though, there is no 'real' evidence either way.

It should all have been sorted out some other way than banning him without any real evidence. They are all adults, and I'm sure there could have been more productive ways of sorting it out.
to true,its just out of control now,losing face is not nice,we'll know by tonight,
forget what that twat said on the other forum hes a moron:curse:
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:15 am
Banned

randomdelusion will become famous soon enoughrandomdelusion will become famous soon enough

5 Australian players testified against him! Damn monkey calling monkey caller.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

ye gods:curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.