Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Harbhajan Singh 3 match ban - hypocrisy??

Harbhajan Singh 3 match ban - hypocrisy??

Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:08 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harbhajan Singh 3 match ban - hypocrisy??

Originally Posted by sdunx
Long live Adam Gilchrist - a shining ray of hope for sportsmanship in Australian cricket and true role model for youngsters - god help the game if they adopt the others habits.
Gilchrist claimed a catch in this match that was not a catch and he's done it often in the past. he's not that great a sportsman.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:10 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridie
Perhaps they could do like tennis: give the sides three challenges per innings so they can challenge the decision and if found to be the right decision they lose a challenge, therefore limiting the amount of times its used.

Just a thought... seems a shame to have technology available and it not be used.
Yeh, that could work, any game that can introduce the ridiculous 'power play' should be open to that
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:17 pm
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Bit like Leighton Hewitt who no doubt we'll be hearing all about now the Aus Open is about to start...... what a pair of muppets...
I like you!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Gilchrist claimed a catch in this match that was not a catch and he's done it often in the past. he's not that great a sportsman.
In fairness it all happens so quick and sometimes it's hard to see even in a replay...
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
If a white bloke calls me a "Goose"...is that racism?
WTF
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:11 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Metrosapian
Ponting is a slimy little creep too. I like Symonds but refuse to believe he was called a monkey. Nobody heard it and Singh denies it.....
That's what really irks me, only Symonds heard it, although even he wasn't too clear about what, if anything, was said and yet Harbhajan gets a 3 test ban! Freaking crazy and totally one sided.

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I've been at matches where that has happened. We've met quite a number of Australian cricketers over the years and hand on heart, the only 2 that I can honestly say we really liked were Darren Lehman and Shane Warne. Both were great with the kids are very polite and patient.

In fairness it all happens so quick and sometimes it's hard to see even in a replay...
A fielder knows if he has caught the ball 'clean' or not.

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Jan 6th 2008 at 6:15 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
<snip>A fielder knows if he has taken caught the ball 'clean' or not.
For a ground catch, yes, most of the time.

For a wicket keeper's take when there IS a noise and the ball is passing bat and pad almost simultaneously ... enough doubt there either way in my mind. Take it from someone who fields at 1st slip occasionally.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:22 pm
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by don544
WTF
That's blatant Gooseism <sp?>
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:30 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by don544
WTF
what i'm getting at is the term "monkey"....why is that racist?...especially between people of the same colour..
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:35 pm

what i'm getting at is the term "monkey"....why is that racist?...especially between people of the same colour..
If Symonds is offended by it (and he was called that by the spectators, complete with oh-so-childish-80s-soccer gestures during the tour of India) then that's all that matters, surely?

IF he was called that, no idea where the conclusive evidence is though ...
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:46 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
For a ground catch, yes, most of the time.

For a wicket keeper's take when there IS a noise and the ball is passing bat and pad almost simultaneously ... enough doubt there either way in my mind. Take it from someone who fields at 1st slip occasionally.
Yes, I know exactly what you are saying, my son being a wicket keeper.

Indians don't see it like that.

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
If Symonds is offended by it (and he was called that by the spectators, complete with oh-so-childish-80s-soccer gestures during the tour of India) then that's all that matters, surely?

IF he was called that, no idea where the conclusive evidence is though ...
Exactly, his word against Harbhajans, so where's the fairness in that?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:08 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

That's what really irks me, only Symonds heard it, although even he wasn't too clear about what, if anything, was said and yet Harbhajan gets a 3 test ban! Freaking crazy and totally one sided.

I've been at matches where that has happened. We've met quite a number of Australian cricketers over the years and hand on heart, the only 2 that I can honestly say we really liked were Darren Lehman and Shane Warne. Both were great with the kids are very polite and patient.

A fielder knows if he has caught the ball 'clean' or not.
Interestingly..Wasnt Darren Lehman the first Aussie to be banned for racist comments a while ago..
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:16 pm
KLF
What Time is Love

Interestingly..Wasnt Darren Lehman the first Aussie to be banned for racist comments a while ago..
I was just reading that.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:37 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

The U.K news are reporting that India have suspended their tour pending Singh's appeal.
It appears that the sport is descending into chaos, granted there have been some shocking decisions, closer inspection reveals they have cut both ways as they usually do:curse:
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:55 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

That's what really irks me, only Symonds heard it, although even he wasn't too clear about what, if anything, was said and yet Harbhajan gets a 3 test ban! Freaking crazy and totally one side.
Precisely, considering Darren Lehmann was only suspended for 5 ODI's for a worse breach of racist comments. Double standards, me thinks?

Shane Warne was not only known as the "king of spin" but also the "king of sledge" and Darren Lehmann attitude to some other players is covered in my last response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.