Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Haircuts - ladies your opinion please!

Haircuts - ladies your opinion please!

Old Mar 28th 2010, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Haircuts - ladies your opinion please!

Originally Posted by Seasider
I think it would be fair to say I have the so-called lesbian haircut. I don't suit long hair; I look like a drag queen. I wear Birkenstocks, too. (I'm straight, BTW, but not narrow.)

I keep telling you to go to mine. Rach and I are a little bit (lot) in love with him - she currently has the most fabulous jaw-length bob.

Me.
No it's not a lezzer look....it would need to be longer on top....and slightly longer on the back and way shorter round the ears, your is PIXIE cut...
Old Mar 28th 2010, 2:49 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plantpot
No it's not a lezzer look....it would need to be longer on top....and slightly longer on the back and way shorter round the ears, your is PIXIE cut...
That sounds more like a mullet. I think I'm a bit big and old to do Pixie. Carey Mulligan is currently doing it with style, however.

I took a load of 80s photos in to show my stylist and he showed me almost identical ones in Toni & Guy's current stylebook. Ain't nothing new in this world.

edit: A gay friend told me how she described me to another gay friend: "She looks like a dyke but she's not." If I had a dollar...
Old Mar 28th 2010, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

That sounds more like a mullet. I think I'm a bit big and old to do Pixie. Carey Mulligan is currently doing it with style, however.

I took a load of 80s photos in to show my stylist and he showed me almost identical ones in Toni & Guy's current stylebook. Ain't nothing new in this world.

edit: A gay friend told me how she described me to another gay friend: "She looks like a dyke but she's not." If I had a dollar...
Look lets disagree...you DO NOT LOOK LIKE A DYKE...
Old Mar 28th 2010, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have noticed something about haircuts and I make no apologies for getting this off my chest.
Horses for courses.

Personally I like to let my chest hair grow free, but if you prefer the 'clean skin' look ...........
Old Mar 28th 2010, 3:10 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plantpot
Look lets disagree...you DO NOT LOOK LIKE A DYKE...
Look let's agree females - straight, gay and somewhere in between - come in many variations. And thank chuff for that.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

Hair!!! Don't get me started!

My hair is naturally straight, dark brown and really long....past bum length. I used to love it but it's just not ideal in Oz in this heat.

I'm desperate to get it cut but I'm so scared....what if they give me 'the lesbian' do?
Old Mar 28th 2010, 10:27 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LisaIan
Hair!!! Don't get me started!

My hair is naturally straight, dark brown and really long....past bum length. I used to love it but it's just not ideal in Oz in this heat.

I'm desperate to get it cut but I'm so scared....what if they give me 'the lesbian' do?
Start slowly then... just get it cut to shoulder blade length (or a little longer) and take it from there!

Em x
Old Mar 28th 2010, 10:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a fringe so probably wouldn't be a good example for PP's explanation (I have it undercut, I don't suit a fringe).

I'm also 47 and menopausal, but I've had very short hair for most of my adult life and I don't like donuts, so I guess I should be thankful I don't really fit the stereotype.

Oh wtf, I don't normally do publicity but here's the only suitable photo I can find on this laptop. It's slightly longer on top at the moment.
I love your hair. Unfortunately I don't suit short hair or I would have mine cut like yours.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 10:59 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
Start slowly then... just get it cut to shoulder blade length (or a little longer) and take it from there!

Em x
That's what I did. A week before we moved to Australia I got my waist length hair cut to shoulder length. Could still tie it up if I wanted to or leave it down when I wanted length.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 11:09 am
Auntie Fa

Thanks Dorothy. I have strong features, I'm not girly pretty (but all woman ) (well, apart from the fact that I don't have a womb, any ovaries, or a cervix ) so short hair has almost always been my "thing". I did a bit of hair/catwalk modelling when I was young and skinny so it was always a weird and wonderful colour, too.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:09 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dorothy. I have strong features, I'm not girly pretty (but all woman ) (well, apart from the fact that I don't have a womb, any ovaries, or a cervix ) so short hair has almost always been my "thing". I did a bit of hair/catwalk modelling when I was young and skinny so it was always a weird and wonderful colour, too.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

woodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Dreamy;8450161]
Its very very very fine, very very very thin and very very very kinky.

Sounds like the ideal woman
Old Mar 29th 2010, 2:03 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite lesbian hair-do is shaved all over.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 5:59 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok - I bit the bullet... and had one of these shorter on one side haircut....

Em x
Attached Thumbnails Haircuts - ladies your opinion please!-neww-hair.jpg  
Old Mar 31st 2010, 6:06 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emelems
Ok - I bit the bullet... and had one of these shorter on one side haircut....

Em x
Aww Ems you're so pretty!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.