Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Great xbox and Wii games

Great xbox and Wii games

Old Dec 9th 2008, 8:14 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great xbox and Wii games

Boy of 13 ? My top four would be
  1. Guitar Hero: World Tour (XBox or Wii)
  2. Mario Kart (Wii)
  3. Lego Star Wars (Wii) (not Lego Batman, it's crap)
  4. Tom Clancy's EndWar (XBox) (If they like strategy games)
I could go on but I'm not sure what type of games you are happy for him to play. Some parents are a little cosseting when they are 13. I would suggest Halo 3 or Call of Duty 5 for the XBox360, but not sure if you allow them to play shooters.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 2:22 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigAPE
Boy of 13 ? My top four would be
  1. Guitar Hero: World Tour (XBox or Wii)
  2. Mario Kart (Wii)
  3. Lego Star Wars (Wii) (not Lego Batman, it's crap)
  4. Tom Clancy's EndWar (XBox) (If they like strategy games)
I could go on but I'm not sure what type of games you are happy for him to play. Some parents are a little cosseting when they are 13. I would suggest Halo 3 or Call of Duty 5 for the XBox360, but not sure if you allow them to play shooters.
Son has managed to trade his shoot em up crap game for Fallout 3 with a mate so he is now habby again. He does like Guitar Hero as well but uses that at mates houses.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 10:08 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Having prior knowledge that Santa is bringing a Wii (the basic set up) to our house, could you more experienced Wii -ers advise as to what extra bits of kit I should suggest to Santa?
Thanks muchly
Old Dec 13th 2008, 10:29 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Having prior knowledge that Santa is bringing a Wii (the basic set up) to our house, could you more experienced Wii -ers advise as to what extra bits of kit I should suggest to Santa?
Thanks muchly
Deffo get them Mario Kart, my girls love it. Santa is bringing High School Musical Sing It and Mario and Sonic Olympics both of which came recommended to me.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 10:34 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Son has managed to trade his shoot em up crap game for Fallout 3 with a mate so he is now habby again. He does like Guitar Hero as well but uses that at mates houses.
I'm not sure if you have seen the content of the game, its possible that you haven't, but I personally wouldn't let me sons play Fallout 3 (mind you they are 8 and 9).

I have been playing the game for a while now, reaching Level 20 some weeks ago and have completed about 80% of the quests. While the game's generic theme is OK there is some quite serious gore and a hell of a lot of (pointless in my view) swearing. I remember one sequence where you had to coerce a prostitute out of some money under the threat of murdering her, she was begging for her life and offering sexual favours in an attempt to gain her life back. Your choice was either to accept her offer, then kill her or let her go, or kill her then accept her offer, or just tell the other guy that you couldn't find her, etc. While I don[t have a problem with my kids playing non-gory shooters (Halo, Resistence, etc) I'm not sure it's material for a youngster.

That said it is an awesome game and is certainly worth the cost unlike a lot of other 10 minute wonder games. You'll get months of play from it.

If he enjoys this I would suggest Oblivion my the same developers (Bethesda). Basically it's the same game set in a Knights and Demons environment, with a lavish country to wonder around and many great quests. Less gore and swearing too.

Al

Last edited by bigAPE; Dec 13th 2008 at 10:38 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:52 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Deffo get them Mario Kart, my girls love it. Santa is bringing High School Musical Sing It and Mario and Sonic Olympics both of which came recommended to me.
Should Santa get extra controllers and the like?
Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:56 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Yes. We have 2 remotes, 2 nunchucks and 2 wheels. No arguments then.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme

I've just bought a Wii as well. I've just bought an extra controller and a recharge docking station as I was told the batteries in the controller doesn't last all that long.

I too would be interested to know of anything else that would be useful to get now, the last thing I want on Xmas day is fighting
Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:57 am
sme
......in the sand !

Yes. We have 2 remotes, 2 nunchucks and 2 wheels. No arguments then.
Thanks for that Santa had best stock up !!!!

NB can't send karma - must do a bit of spreading! So publicly I thank you
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Wendy
I've just bought a Wii as well. I've just bought an extra controller and a recharge docking station as I was told the batteries in the controller doesn't last all that long.

I too would be interested to know of anything else that would be useful to get now, the last thing I want on Xmas day is fighting
Good idea, as part of the bundle we bought we got a double charging dock and it is great, the kids just put the remotes back when they are done.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by sme
Thanks for that Santa had best stock up !!!!

NB can't send karma - must do a bit of spreading! So publicly I thank you
Santa better get shopping

Ta for the public karma
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea, as part of the bundle we bought we got a double charging dock and it is great, the kids just put the remotes back when they are done.

Thanks for that C.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Tapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really nice

Santa is bringing our house a Wii for Christmas too. Got a good deal with four games, 2 nunchucks, 2 remotes and the mario wheel.

We took the boys down to PC World to let them play with all the systems and a variety of games. The boys (aged 10 and 12) enjoyed DeBlob and Shaun Whites Snowboarding Roadtrip on the Wii so Santa is also bringing those games.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

I really like Zelda on the WII, as well as the latest Ravin Rabbids one - you use the WII fit board and can steer with your bum when snowboarding.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by lilstewie
I really like Zelda on the WII, as well as the latest Ravin Rabbids one - you use the WII fit board and can steer with your bum when snowboarding.
Well christ only knows where I will end up if I have to steer with MY arse!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.