Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Great xbox and Wii games

Great xbox and Wii games

Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great xbox and Wii games

I'm sure we've all picked up a turkey of a game before and with xmas coming on i was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent game or two for either the xbox or the Wii.

My lad had just turned 13.

I'll start this thread off by telling you that he loves Smash bros brawl for the wii

It might be an idea to put down the game, the platform and the age of the kids who enjoy any particular game to avoid repeated questions of such a nature.

Let the games begin

Jazzys
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:56 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great xbox and Wii games

Originally Posted by jazzys
I'm sure we've all picked up a turkey of a game before and with xmas coming on i was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent game or two for either the xbox or the Wii.

I'll start this thread off by telling you that he loves Smash bros brawl for the wii

It might be an idea to put down the game, the platform and the age of the kids who enjoy any particular game to avoid repeated questions of such a nature.

Let the games begin

Jazzys
On the Wii - Lego Star Wars, Super Mario Kart.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still trying to decide whether to get an Xbox 360 or a Wii for the kids

S'pose I could always get both??
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Our faves for wii,
supersmash bros,

Animal crossing, just come out. But everyone in my house from 16-3 loves these games. All usually sells by bucket load.

Lego star wars,

lego indiana jones

Anything Mario

Mario Kart - everyone from adults to toddlers love this.

My eldest son has all the Zelda games for wii,cube,ds etc. These always sell well.

Gems
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

PS, things associated with films are usually rubbish. Only decent ones are lego games. Avoid anything that comes out with a film, usually have worst gaming ratings.

Oh and just seen wii cheer, cheerleading wii game. Not the cheerleading allstars thats out at the moment. But new game comes out in Feb. Look on Amazon.com and it looks great for youngish girls, already out in America and you can get wii pom poms.

Gems
Old Dec 5th 2008, 9:08 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Age of the kids = 31 and 34. Also an Ex "EA games" employee

Just before I left the UK (and EA) they were pushing a new strategy of games that could be picked up and played for half an hour by anyone, rather than the bigger games that require hours of input, concentration and practice. One to watch out for soon is a web based game with Cartoony graphics called Battle Field Hero's. I loved the Beta test version.

Wii Maracas is quality when drunk
Mario at the olympics is good for the Wii
Sims castaway was good, a bit girly though.
On the film games front, I enjoyed the latest pirates of the caribbean, but it got a bit tedious at times with loads of baddies to kill.

The Wii Fit is great, love the boxercise and the balance games.

Last edited by MarkMC; Dec 5th 2008 at 9:08 am. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Wii - both my kids love Mario Strikers Charged Football and Rayman

XBOX360 - my son loves all the Halos (1,2 and 3).. plus as most people have posted, the lego starwars is a massive favourite (1 and 2)

For family games, Cooking Mama (Wii) is hallarious.. plus the Big Brain Academy is really good..

Em x
Old Dec 5th 2008, 11:39 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Not one mention for Guitar Hero! - Its great if a little hard.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 11:42 pm
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gems
you can get wii pom poms.
Aww man, now I want a Wii even more than before... for myself, of course.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

GracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carbery
Not one mention for Guitar Hero! - Its great if a little hard.
I would say GH too. The world tour (the whole band) looks fun, if a little expensive. My whammy bar's got overwhammied

We also like the Wiilympics (Olympics) for playing with numerous peeps and because of all the different types of sports it doesn't get boring quickly. I'd say at parties this seems to be the one people wanna play most - or perhaps we're at the age where we recognise all the characters from our misspent childhoods playing SNES and megadrives (am sure Eggman used to be Dr Robotnik or something).

Smooth Moves is quite fun (and surreal) late in the evening/early morning at parties

Em - do you find the professor really irritating in Big Brain Academy? I find I can't press that A button fast enough to bypass his babbling.

For single player I quite like the Harry Potter game and the Simpsons - although I'm really pants at controlling their movement and end up running into walls all the time.

Duds: Sports Party (Wiilympics is better), Battle of the Bands (not a touch on GH3)

Am gonna go shiver in the corner now with Wii withdrawal - our wii just left in the container yesterday.

[In our household the "kids" are in their late twenties and the real kid is only 4 months old! There's also a 3 year old dog who has a complex about Wii Bowling as she got knocked on the noggin once during the backswing.]
Old Dec 6th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and call of duty for the wii is one of my lads favourites.

has anyone tried a fifa game on the wii?

Jazzys
Old Dec 7th 2008, 5:24 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Let the games begin

Jazzys
Depends what sort of kid he is... mine is into all Fabel's, Halo's, Lord of the Rings, Oblivion, Call of Duty and Guitar Hero.

Only electronic game we don't actively buy is Grand Theft Auto but sure he's been on that at friends houses still.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 10:11 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

You could always rent a couple from a video store to check them out first. It does suck to rent them if you know you might buy them, but if you try out a couple you could probably narrow it down to the one he likes the best.

Otherwise.... we all love Mario Kart at our house (even our 4 year old). Also we like SuperMario Galaxy and Zelda. But those have always been favourites of mine all through the different consoles. So not sure if teenagers would be as into them.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 1:50 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Let the games begin

Jazzys

On of my favourite Xbox games is Mercenaries - It's awesome - I have completed it several times now, and it's never the same game twice. If he likes shooting things and blowing stuff up, then there are many happy hours ahead with this title...

S
Old Dec 9th 2008, 11:29 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
On of my favourite Xbox games is Mercenaries - It's awesome - I have completed it several times now, and it's never the same game twice. If he likes shooting things and blowing stuff up, then there are many happy hours ahead with this title...

S
Son got I think it was Farscape 2 but thinks it's crap as he says same stuff all the time and no problems to solve or major difficulty just shoot shoot shoot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.