Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

grammer and spelling police

View Poll Results: i wonder why people think there entitled to be the grammar police
just trolling nothing better to do
22.73%
sh!t i need to get my post count up
18.18%
i wont to look important and clever (said in Neal from the young ones voice)
59.09%
DOH.... i know fluk all about what his saying
0%
DOH... i didnt read all the thread
0%
really really really wonts to be admin and trying to look good
0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

grammer and spelling police

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: grammer and spelling police

Originally Posted by tonrob
That's ****** obvious.
How did that one get past the mods?

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 22nd 2011 at 12:33 am. Reason: sorted. I know how I did it, and he knows its not on.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Here, you can have my badge.
What did you do with the trophy?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:47 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
How did that one get past the mods?
cos they're ****in useless

just kidding
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
cos they're ****in useless

just kidding
Its all about formatting. Normally the filter would get it, the Mods don't do the **** , they are automatic.

And don't worry, I already know I'm ****in useless, my boss keeps pointing it out to me
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:07 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
What did you do with the trophy?
Some one nicked it.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
For the most part I never comment on people's grammar as long as I can read and more or less understand what they're talking about.

I will however correct someone's grammar if they've been busy telling off another poster and their own message has a mistake in it. If you're going to start correcting someone then you're own grammar had better be perfect.
I agree.

Grammar and spelling doesn't bother me in the slightest, just annoys me when people moan that Australians are dumb and uneducated yet they themselves can barely write a sentence without spelling mistakes.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:05 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LouiseR
I agree.

Grammar and spelling doesn't bother me in the slightest, just annoys me when people moan that Australians are dumb and uneducated yet they themselves can barely write a sentence without spelling mistakes.
LMAO your back... i tried to get them to give you the badge... but someone else won
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmthor
LMAO your back... i tried to get them to give you the badge... but someone else won
I'm devastated.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:52 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

I make it a rule to try and not point out bad grammer UNLESS the bad grammer is in a post specifically attempting to correct spelling or grammer.

Having said that - my opinion of a poster and the credibility of any information within any post is severely let down by any serious (primary school) grammatical flaws.

(Note: I make a huge distinction between typing errors - which are in my opinion understandable and excusable - and grammatical errors that just show poor educational standards)
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:57 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm devastated.
Oh go on then, if you're that cut up about it.
Attached Thumbnails grammer and spelling police-grammar-police.png  
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Oh go on then, if you're that cut up about it.
Wow, thank you!!

First of all I'd like to thank my year 11 English teacher Mr Chidlaw, my parent's and of course Kmthor .
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:33 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

\O/\O/\O/\O/\O/\O/ WOOOO HOOO

LOL well done

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:37 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: grammar and spelling police

Wow, thank you!!

First of all I'd like to thank my year 11 English teacher Mr Chidlaw, my parent's and of course Kmthor .

Your parent's what?

:slips away:

(Do I win the award now?)
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Your parent's what?

:slips away:

(Do I win the award now?)
Their love .

I've only just got it, you can't nick it off me so soon. I'll share it with you. You can flash the badge at people for the first half of the week and I'll do it the other half. We can be like Cagney and Lacey .
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:40 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Their love .

I've only just got it, you can't nick it off me so soon. I'll share it with you. You can flash the badge at people for the first half of the week and I'll do it the other half. We can be like Cagney and Lacey .
Consecutive Flashers - I like it

(Am I the drunk or the fatty?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.