Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

grammer and spelling police

View Poll Results: i wonder why people think there entitled to be the grammar police
just trolling nothing better to do
22.73%
sh!t i need to get my post count up
18.18%
i wont to look important and clever (said in Neal from the young ones voice)
59.09%
DOH.... i know fluk all about what his saying
0%
DOH... i didnt read all the thread
0%
really really really wonts to be admin and trying to look good
0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

grammer and spelling police

Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:26 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: grammer and spelling police

Originally Posted by itigo
I am a teacher and I abhor incorrect grammar and punctuation.

That is why I does it.

It is the one area I show my ODC tendancy's........

And Im proud of it.
oh come on now, you should know full well it should be 'done'

bloody fool
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:28 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
You forgot the 'only an utter pig-shagger would give a shit about grammar' option.
LMFAO ... i pissed myself at this....great stuff
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

basically i think people shuld learn to write proper like what I do.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
basically i think people shuld learn to write proper like what I do.

It's propper.

Last edited by Alfresco; Jan 21st 2011 at 10:20 am.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:27 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't give a toss, if I can get it right then all well and good but it isnt the end of the world if I don't.

More important and better things to think about.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:42 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

i wonder why people think there entitled to be the grammar police

I wonder why people think they're entitled to be the grammar police.

You later spelled it, "grammer."

How do you spell troll?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:49 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmthor
i for one cant spell for shit
That's ****ing obvious.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 22nd 2011 at 12:31 am. Reason: Don't try and get round the filter, you know better
Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:55 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tonrob
That's fucking obvious.
let me go out on a limb here... your in it for the post count
Old Jan 21st 2011, 1:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I wonder why people think they're entitled to be the grammar police.

You later spelled it, "grammer."

How do you spell troll?
lmao... troll how do you spell it ?

im guessing grammar for the other one

\o/\o/\o/
Old Jan 21st 2011, 1:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind the grammar and the spelling, some of the language in the Barbie over the last couple of days leaves a bit to be desired.
I'm sure the offenders know who they are, can we have a bit of a clean-up please
Old Jan 21st 2011, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Where is the "Thinks it is important, and wishes people would actually care about being understood" option?

What's wrong with actually spelling correctly?

To me, people who don't spend time on their spelling and grammar seem to be proud of the fact they appear stupid. I don't get it. Why is being uneducated something to be proud of

(Don't reply "I'm dyslexic", as you are sat infront of a computer which has tools to help you!)

Spelling and Grammar helps :-

"i helped my uncle jack off a horse"

What does the above line mean?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 5:11 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmthor
i for one cant spell for shit and my grammars as bad i don't give a shit, it dosnt upset me or affect how i walk ,talk, sleep and eat, it certainly hasn't stopped me making money... yet it seems to piss other people off more than me. why is that????

anyway for a laugh thought id do a poll and id love to hear feed back
The title should read "they're entitled"
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

i tnhik if yuro'e ginog to psot a mssegae on hree you sulohd at lseat mkae the eorfft to esunre the slpelnig and pttaucunoin are ccrreot.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:28 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
I am a teacher and I abhor incorrect grammar and punctuation.

That is why I does it.

It is the one area I show my ODC tendancy's........

And Im proud of it.
Ditto, soz!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

We aint at school though, is we??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.