British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Got the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/got-dreaded-phone-call-2am-morning-484730/)

Sally Simpson Oct 2nd 2007 8:30 am

Re: Got the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning.

Originally Posted by mattandjulia (Post 5375989)
Recieved the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning to say my mum had passed away. It was expected over the last week but was still a shock. She had a stroke a year ago and has had a few since but had a major one on Monday. I have been ironing since 3am and can't find anything else to do until I fly home on Thursday.

It's a true saying when they say you'll miss your mother when she's gone. God I wish I could have been with her.

Julia.x

Really very sorry for your loss. Best wishes and hope the journey back to UK not too awful for youx

estherg Oct 2nd 2007 9:25 am

Sorry to hear your news, my nan just passed away two days ago , only spoke to her last week. A big hug x

Sally Simpson Oct 2nd 2007 9:28 am

Originally Posted by estherg (Post 5379461)
Sorry to hear your news, my nan just passed away two days ago , only spoke to her last week. A big hug x

Condolences to you too!x

quoll Oct 2nd 2007 10:39 am

Julia, I am so sorry for your loss. I think that has to be one of the hardest things about living on the other side of the world and I dread the day it will happen for me too. Safe journey!

Marmalade Oct 2nd 2007 1:56 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss. My father passed away at the end of August, and in the meantime before my flight home I cleaned my house like a maniac. I suppose it was to keep myself busy and not to get too anxious before I flew over to the UK. I wasn't looking forward to the funeral, but I found that spending time with family and friends was extremely comforting. I wish you all the comfort you find at home with your friends and family.

sophjam Oct 3rd 2007 7:12 am

I just wanted to pass on my condolences to you and wish you a safe journey. I never got to say goodbye to my brother and I know how painful it was for me no matter what anyone says. Im sure your mum would prefer your memories to be of when she was at her best and not when she was so ill. She would have know she was loved Im sure. Take Care and be kind to yourself , Trudi

cassy Oct 3rd 2007 9:27 am

Originally Posted by sophjam (Post 5383124)
I just wanted to pass on my condolences to you and wish you a safe journey. I never got to say goodbye to my brother and I know how painful it was for me no matter what anyone says. Im sure your mum would prefer your memories to be of when she was at her best and not when she was so ill. She would have know she was loved Im sure. Take Care and be kind to yourself , Trudi

Know how you are feeling. Lost my mom nearly 2 years ago that is when we made the decision to emigrate to australia. Life is far too short. Deepest sympathy to you and your family. Safe journey

smiling4 Oct 3rd 2007 6:24 pm

Julia...sorry for your loss hun....(((HUGS))) coming your way Ems x

Stitch Oct 3rd 2007 11:07 pm

Recieved the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning to say my mum had passed away. It was expected over the last week but was still a shock. She had a stroke a year ago and has had a few since but had a major one on Monday. I have been ironing since 3am and can't find anything else to do until I fly home on Thursday.

It's a true saying when they say you'll miss your mother when she's gone. God I wish I could have been with her.

Julia.x

Really feel for you. Take care x

Ginny

sammyg Oct 4th 2007 12:00 am

So sorry for your loss...i don't really have any other words!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Issie Oct 4th 2007 12:01 am

Julia.x

Thoughts and Prayers :)

sj oldfield Oct 4th 2007 12:35 am

So very sorry to hear your sad news.
Just try to be strong, dont torture yourself, as I did when I lost my beloved dad, you will only make yourself ill. xxxxxxxxxxxxx