British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Got the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/got-dreaded-phone-call-2am-morning-484730/)

mattandjulia Oct 1st 2007 10:58 am

Got the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning.

Recieved the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning to say my mum had passed away. It was expected over the last week but was still a shock. She had a stroke a year ago and has had a few since but had a major one on Monday. I have been ironing since 3am and can't find anything else to do until I fly home on Thursday.

It's a true saying when they say you'll miss your mother when she's gone. God I wish I could have been with her.

Julia.x

flipflop Oct 1st 2007 11:03 am

Re: Got the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning.

Originally Posted by mattandjulia (Post 5375989)
Recieved the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning to say my mum had passed away. It was expected over the last week but was still a shock. She had a stroke a year ago and has had a few since but had a major one on Monday. I have been ironing since 3am and can't find anything else to do until I fly home on Thursday.

It's a true saying when they say you'll miss your mother when she's gone. God I wish I could have been with her.

Julia.x

oh julia, i am so so sorry for your loss, there is nothing i can say that will make it better but just wanted to send you lots of love at this very difficult time. god bless xx

VikkiL Oct 1st 2007 11:10 am

My thoughts are with you, I am so sorry to hear such bad news.

My mum died aged 57, 4 years ago whilst I was in the UK and even though I only lived 2 hours drive from her, I still wasnt with her when she died. I had a 2 year old to look after so couldnt just be at the hospital all the time. I last saw her 3 days before she died.

The moral to the story is, no matter how near or far away you are, sometimes you just cant be there. Dont beat yourself up over it.

Take care of yourself and try to focus on the good times you had with her rather than the time you spent away from her.

jules29 Oct 1st 2007 11:14 am

I really feel for you. Don't what else to say but sending hugs your way

Jules x

Donna&Neil Oct 1st 2007 11:15 am

So sorry to hear of your sad loss. My thoughts are with you.

Donna

northernbird Oct 1st 2007 11:19 am

Julia.x

My thoughts are with you. So sorry for your loss xx

jxk8 Oct 1st 2007 11:20 am

Julia.x

My thoughts will be for you in the coming days......jxk8.......

curly Oct 1st 2007 11:25 am

So sorry for your loss x

Wendy Oct 1st 2007 11:27 am

A wife, a mother, a grandma too,
This is the legacy we have from you.
You taught us love and how to fight,
You gave us strength, you gave us might.
A stronger person would be hard to find,
And in your heart, you were always kind.
You fought for us all in one way or another,
Not just as a wife not just as a mother.
For all of us you gave your best,
Now the time has come for you to rest.
So go in peace, you've earned your sleep,
Your love in our hearts, we'll eternally keep

If you need anything mate, you know where I am. :)

Will see you in a while x

biggy Oct 1st 2007 11:28 am

Julia.x

Sorry to hear your news.....but dont beat yourself up about not being there. I lived 15-20 mins away from my Mum and I couldnt be with her when she died either.

My mum knew how much I loved and respected her, would have been nice to say goodbye though. I know she is with me all the time now and 15 years on I still do or say something and think......Mum would be pissin herself laughing at that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay strong and have a safe trip

Hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dorothy Oct 1st 2007 11:59 am

Oh Julia. Sorry to hear about your Mum. It's hard to be so far away when this type of thing happens, isn't it? My thoughts are with you.
Dorothy

thewoodz Oct 1st 2007 12:02 pm

sorry to hear of your loss. (((hugs)))

Tweenies Oct 1st 2007 12:23 pm

I am so sorry about your loss...I hope you have a safe journey back to the UK.

gillysm Oct 1st 2007 1:04 pm

Julia.x

Julia, so sorry for you right now. My Dad died 5 yrs ago and it's really hard when you can't be there. I cleaned my house fanatically until my flight! Don't beat yourself up about not being there, she wouldn't want that.
Big hugs

brissie-here-we-come Oct 1st 2007 1:09 pm

my mum died july/05 /2005, not having known how bad her health had got and i was on my way to the hospital after staying there for the last few nights with her, and decided to go home to have a shower get changed etc, and got the phone call from my aunty (just 2 mins back to the hospital ) to say she had gone, just 45 mins after leaving her there with all the family around her, but i felt such guilt at not being there, my mum was 52 and had ALD, ( alchohol, liver disease, but she was in her time a great mum, it's never easy and will take time to realise she isnt with you but take your own time to adjust to it, and time heals but doesnt take away the pain you feel, but as the beautiful poem WENDY posted says it all, i am leaving to go to oz in 2 weeks and dont know how i will cope not being here to visit my mum but i do know what she would have said if she was here and that would be to enjoy my life and make the most of the time i have left on this earth , take care and my thoughts are with you,
kels x

charb Oct 1st 2007 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5376038)
A wife, a mother, a grandma too,
This is the legacy we have from you.
You taught us love and how to fight,
You gave us strength, you gave us might.
A stronger person would be hard to find,
And in your heart, you were always kind.
You fought for us all in one way or another,
Not just as a wife not just as a mother.
For all of us you gave your best,
Now the time has come for you to rest.
So go in peace, you've earned your sleep,
Your love in our hearts, we'll eternally keep

x

That is lovely, & has bought a few tears to my eyes..

Sorry to hear you sad news Julia x

sasbear Oct 1st 2007 3:23 pm

Julia.x

My deepest sympathies to you - keep busy and a safe journey on thursday xxx

chris and farideh Oct 1st 2007 4:06 pm

How you doing babe, as I said this morning if you need friend give me call, how is children coping with losing their grandma, my thoughts are with you.

mattandjulia Oct 1st 2007 5:14 pm

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to you all for your kind words. Wendy has just left my house and I have come on here to say a big thanks to her.

WENDY IS ONE OF THE FRIENDLIEST PEOPLE YOU COULD EVER MEET.

She has been here for me the past year when I have had my sad times. What a star she is and also my other friend Farideh who has listened to me as well.

I have been looking for the correct words to say at mums funeral and have just read the verse what Wendy has wrote and I can honestly say that if anything has brought me to tears it sure was this. It sums up everything I want to say.

Thanks Wendy. I love you.xx

Julia.xx

Wendy Oct 1st 2007 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by mattandjulia (Post 5376655)
Just wanted to say a big thankyou to you all for your kind words. Wendy has just left my house and I have come on here to say a big thanks to her.

She has been here for me the past year when I have had my sad times. What a star she is and also my other friend Farideh who has listened to me as well.

I have been looking for the correct words to say at mums funeral and have just read the verse what Wendy has wrote and I can honestly say that if anything has brought me to tears it sure was this. It sums up everything I want to say.

Julia.xx

Anytime honey.

Love you too x :)

chris and farideh Oct 1st 2007 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by mattandjulia (Post 5376655)

Julia.xx

Now you borought tears to my eyes, any time babe, talk to you soon.

take care hun.

Farideh x

mark 'n' joe Oct 1st 2007 6:29 pm

So sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you. Have a safe journey back.

Big hugs
Joex

Little miss reub Oct 1st 2007 8:27 pm

Sorry to hear this sad news my thoughts are with you

Juliecabs Oct 1st 2007 8:28 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Julia.

Take care of yourself.

Julie. X

herrchook Oct 1st 2007 10:32 pm

So sorry to hear your news. Have a safe trip back to the UK.

hugs from us,

Gill

rebh Oct 1st 2007 10:51 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you. So sorry for your loss.

Clippy Oct 2nd 2007 1:44 am

Really sorry to hear this, deepest condolences to you. Safe journey on Thursday.

Kxx

mands Oct 2nd 2007 1:51 am

sorry to hear about your loss

shazza Oct 2nd 2007 5:43 am

so sorry to read about your loss. the words wendy wrote were lovely,
have a safe journey on thursday
god bless

asher Oct 2nd 2007 5:52 am

I am sorry to hear that your mother has passed away
but remember she would be very distressed to know that you are upset because you weren't there.
I am sure your mother knew very well how much you loved her and cared for her and I'm sure she felt the same way about you.
Try and remember in this sad time how much fun you had together and how much love you shared.
Your mother will never really be gone as she is carried safely in your heart always

sending

((((((HUGS)))))))

Sally Simpson Oct 2nd 2007 8:30 am

Julia.x

Really very sorry for your loss. Best wishes and hope the journey back to UK not too awful for youx

estherg Oct 2nd 2007 9:25 am

Sorry to hear your news, my nan just passed away two days ago , only spoke to her last week. A big hug x

Sally Simpson Oct 2nd 2007 9:28 am

Originally Posted by estherg (Post 5379461)
Sorry to hear your news, my nan just passed away two days ago , only spoke to her last week. A big hug x

Condolences to you too!x

quoll Oct 2nd 2007 10:39 am

Julia, I am so sorry for your loss. I think that has to be one of the hardest things about living on the other side of the world and I dread the day it will happen for me too. Safe journey!

Marmalade Oct 2nd 2007 1:56 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss. My father passed away at the end of August, and in the meantime before my flight home I cleaned my house like a maniac. I suppose it was to keep myself busy and not to get too anxious before I flew over to the UK. I wasn't looking forward to the funeral, but I found that spending time with family and friends was extremely comforting. I wish you all the comfort you find at home with your friends and family.

sophjam Oct 3rd 2007 7:12 am

I just wanted to pass on my condolences to you and wish you a safe journey. I never got to say goodbye to my brother and I know how painful it was for me no matter what anyone says. Im sure your mum would prefer your memories to be of when she was at her best and not when she was so ill. She would have know she was loved Im sure. Take Care and be kind to yourself , Trudi

cassy Oct 3rd 2007 9:27 am

Originally Posted by sophjam (Post 5383124)
I just wanted to pass on my condolences to you and wish you a safe journey. I never got to say goodbye to my brother and I know how painful it was for me no matter what anyone says. Im sure your mum would prefer your memories to be of when she was at her best and not when she was so ill. She would have know she was loved Im sure. Take Care and be kind to yourself , Trudi

Know how you are feeling. Lost my mom nearly 2 years ago that is when we made the decision to emigrate to australia. Life is far too short. Deepest sympathy to you and your family. Safe journey

smiling4 Oct 3rd 2007 6:24 pm

Julia...sorry for your loss hun....(((HUGS))) coming your way Ems x

Stitch Oct 3rd 2007 11:07 pm

Julia.x

Really feel for you. Take care x

Ginny

sammyg Oct 4th 2007 12:00 am

So sorry for your loss...i don't really have any other words!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx