British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Got the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/got-dreaded-phone-call-2am-morning-484730/)

mattandjulia Oct 1st 2007 10:58 pm

Got the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning.

Recieved the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning to say my mum had passed away. It was expected over the last week but was still a shock. She had a stroke a year ago and has had a few since but had a major one on Monday. I have been ironing since 3am and can't find anything else to do until I fly home on Thursday.

It's a true saying when they say you'll miss your mother when she's gone. God I wish I could have been with her.

Julia.x

flipflop Oct 1st 2007 11:03 pm

Re: Got the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning.

Originally Posted by mattandjulia (Post 5375989)
Recieved the dreaded phone call at 2am this morning to say my mum had passed away. It was expected over the last week but was still a shock. She had a stroke a year ago and has had a few since but had a major one on Monday. I have been ironing since 3am and can't find anything else to do until I fly home on Thursday.

It's a true saying when they say you'll miss your mother when she's gone. God I wish I could have been with her.

Julia.x

oh julia, i am so so sorry for your loss, there is nothing i can say that will make it better but just wanted to send you lots of love at this very difficult time. god bless xx

VikkiL Oct 1st 2007 11:10 pm

My thoughts are with you, I am so sorry to hear such bad news.

My mum died aged 57, 4 years ago whilst I was in the UK and even though I only lived 2 hours drive from her, I still wasnt with her when she died. I had a 2 year old to look after so couldnt just be at the hospital all the time. I last saw her 3 days before she died.

The moral to the story is, no matter how near or far away you are, sometimes you just cant be there. Dont beat yourself up over it.

Take care of yourself and try to focus on the good times you had with her rather than the time you spent away from her.

jules29 Oct 1st 2007 11:14 pm

I really feel for you. Don't what else to say but sending hugs your way

Jules x

Donna&Neil Oct 1st 2007 11:15 pm

So sorry to hear of your sad loss. My thoughts are with you.

Donna

northernbird Oct 1st 2007 11:19 pm

Julia.x

My thoughts are with you. So sorry for your loss xx

jxk8 Oct 1st 2007 11:20 pm

Julia.x

My thoughts will be for you in the coming days......jxk8.......

curly Oct 1st 2007 11:25 pm

So sorry for your loss x

Wendy Oct 1st 2007 11:27 pm

A wife, a mother, a grandma too,
This is the legacy we have from you.
You taught us love and how to fight,
You gave us strength, you gave us might.
A stronger person would be hard to find,
And in your heart, you were always kind.
You fought for us all in one way or another,
Not just as a wife not just as a mother.
For all of us you gave your best,
Now the time has come for you to rest.
So go in peace, you've earned your sleep,
Your love in our hearts, we'll eternally keep

If you need anything mate, you know where I am. :)

Will see you in a while x

biggy Oct 1st 2007 11:28 pm

Julia.x

Sorry to hear your news.....but dont beat yourself up about not being there. I lived 15-20 mins away from my Mum and I couldnt be with her when she died either.

My mum knew how much I loved and respected her, would have been nice to say goodbye though. I know she is with me all the time now and 15 years on I still do or say something and think......Mum would be pissin herself laughing at that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay strong and have a safe trip

Hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dorothy Oct 1st 2007 11:59 pm

Oh Julia. Sorry to hear about your Mum. It's hard to be so far away when this type of thing happens, isn't it? My thoughts are with you.
Dorothy

thewoodz Oct 2nd 2007 12:02 am

sorry to hear of your loss. (((hugs)))

Tweenies Oct 2nd 2007 12:23 am

I am so sorry about your loss...I hope you have a safe journey back to the UK.

gillysm Oct 2nd 2007 1:04 am

Julia.x

Julia, so sorry for you right now. My Dad died 5 yrs ago and it's really hard when you can't be there. I cleaned my house fanatically until my flight! Don't beat yourself up about not being there, she wouldn't want that.
Big hugs

brissie-here-we-come Oct 2nd 2007 1:09 am

my mum died july/05 /2005, not having known how bad her health had got and i was on my way to the hospital after staying there for the last few nights with her, and decided to go home to have a shower get changed etc, and got the phone call from my aunty (just 2 mins back to the hospital ) to say she had gone, just 45 mins after leaving her there with all the family around her, but i felt such guilt at not being there, my mum was 52 and had ALD, ( alchohol, liver disease, but she was in her time a great mum, it's never easy and will take time to realise she isnt with you but take your own time to adjust to it, and time heals but doesnt take away the pain you feel, but as the beautiful poem WENDY posted says it all, i am leaving to go to oz in 2 weeks and dont know how i will cope not being here to visit my mum but i do know what she would have said if she was here and that would be to enjoy my life and make the most of the time i have left on this earth , take care and my thoughts are with you,
kels x