Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Goodbye (Worzel takes his ball in)

Goodbye (Worzel takes his ball in)

Old Aug 21st 2008, 4:47 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goodbye (Worzel takes his ball in)

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped me on here over the last few years and wish you all the best. But it is time to move on. I have been thinking of this for ages, even tried it once before, but the timing is right.

I won’t go on about how much we love Australia, you will have heard it all before but you can still read about it on my blog or in old updates. Otherwise type "Worzel" and "Carramar" etc into Google and you will find me in other places.

I have been coming on this site for about 5 years now and the information and camaraderie before and after we came out were invaluable. I hope I have given at least as much back. I have had some great laughs over the years too.

However, what I know about emigration is probably out of date after 3 years here. In the last couple of years my motive for coming on here has been for the entertainment but it just isn’t here anymore. Maybe that is because most of my best mates have left for other forums (no, not just that one). Others have suggested it is something to do with the new ownership and tighter moderation. But whatever, I am not finding much enjoyment in it and consequently find myself becoming like the disruptive kid at the back of the class flicking spit balls at the swots in the front row. Those of you in the throes of migration should be left to help each other without me giving you a wet neck.

Life is not a rehearsal so enjoy it to the max. Worzel.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 4:53 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye (Worzel takes his ball in)

Nice on Worzel, good luck, I'll see you around.

Renth
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Good on you Worzel.

Keeo moving on up.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:22 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

As one more disruptive influence sets sail into the murky waters that lead to Soilent Green land silent chants are heard.....

"Ve vill haff harmony. Zey vill conform or perish. Turn ze site off again in zelebration. Eets time for zome more downtime."

Oh Worzel, will miss you mate.
Maybe.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:45 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing worse than a flouncing Pom ... Don't be such a drama queen.

You'll be back ... He'll be back ...

They always come back.

Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:18 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
In the last couple of years my motive for coming on here has been for the entertainment but it just isn’t here anymore. Maybe that is because most of my best mates have left for other forums (no, not just that one). Others have suggested it is something to do with the new ownership and tighter moderation.
I know where you're coming from! Posted a thread in the site feedback section yesterday after the site was down for three hours, praising Sue and Paul for the day when they owned the forum and slating Internet Brands - and wouldn't you know it, when I logged on today the thread had been deleted . I won't be far behind you leaving BE. Not much fun to be had here.

I'll be keeping an eye on your adventures in your blog; always check it on a Monday morning .

You were out "good luck charm" in getting us out here. When we first looked to go to Oz we didn't have enough points. Then nearly a year later you posted something about "accountants" being back on the MODL. That was it; phoned agent next day and off we went. Been following in your wake ever since!

So: all the best for the future. Cheers and all that

Gina

Last edited by GinaUK; Aug 21st 2008 at 7:43 am.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:20 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

who are you?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Can you resist....only time will tell
Good luck to you and yours and keep enjoying your life in Oz
Jacqui
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
who are you?

lol, now dont you start.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
I know where you're coming from! Posted a thread in the site feedback section yesterday after the site was down for three hours, praising Sue and Paul for the day when they owned the forum and slating Internet Brands - and wouldn't you know it, when I logged on today the thread had been deleted . I won't be far behind you leaving BE. Not much fun to be had here.

I'll be keeping an eye on your adventures in your blog; always check it on a Monday morning .

You were out "ggod luck charm" in getting us out here. When we first looked to go to Oz we didn't have enough points. Then nearly a year later you posted something about "accountants" being back on the MODL. That was it; phoned agent next day and off we went. Been following in your wake ever since!

So: all the best for the future. Cheers and all that

Gina
I think you know why it was deleted, please don't stir the pot.
=================================

The site was sold by Sue and Paul, they cannot fix the problems it now has, nor can the Mods.

We have a very large member base and have been asked to keep it in order. The larger the site, the more rules and moderation it needs.

We would like to think that people are happy being a member of several sites -what we don't see the need for is the constant promotion of certain other sites. All the forums can exist happily side by side without trying to poach members or name-drop each other. What is the problem with that? Look at a few of the others - DAF, BritVics, AdelaideBrits, Poms in Perth, there are so many others that even I keep discovering new ones after all this time......They are all strong in certain areas of life

If the constant sniping and namedropping wasn't happening, and other sites didn't allow criticism of the way BE works (not just the one in question here, there are others in my mind) then we would all have a far easier life.

My final word on the subject is PLEASE, can we have a truce.
The forums agree not to abuse each other, not to make snide comments, and both exist happily side by side, with the occasional mention which will pass unnoticed because it is just a friendly passing reference
Please?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy the boat and the life Worzel. Take care.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Good on ya mate for taking the higher ground.

See you around for definate
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:25 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

You were our "ggod luck charm" in getting us out here.
Worzel.
You have a great deal to answer for.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:57 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
All the forums can exist happily side by side without trying to poach members or name-drop each other.
Couldn't agree more, Polly. But as you know, sadly Internet Brands have taken the view that other forums can't be mentioned here.

None of the other forums out there ban the mention of BE nor do any of the other forums ban members for dual membership. This is however what happens on BE.

So, I guess you need to go back to your new bosses and ask them if they can re-think their policy on this.

The more ridiculous IB get in their censorship of posts, the more people will take the piss. And the more they will vote with their feet.

IB should use these kinds of "good-bye" posts as a wake-up call. After all, they are the ones who have money to lose, not us, the members. We'll just go and play elsewhere.

Sometimes I think IB (and certain mods) lose sight of the fact that the site only exists through the people who come here. Piss off the people and there is nothing left.

Gina
Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Couldn't agree more, Polly. But as you know, sadly Internet Brands have taken the view that other forums can't be mentioned here.

None of the other forums out there ban the mention of BE nor do any of the other forums ban members for dual membership. This is however what happens on BE.

So, I guess you need to go back to your new bosses and ask them if they can re-think their policy on this.

The more ridiculous IB get in their censorship of posts, the more people will take the piss. And the more they will vote with their feet.

IB should use these kinds of "good-bye" posts as a wake-up call. After all, they are the ones who have money to lose, not us, the members. We'll just go and play elsewhere.

Sometimes I think IB (and certain mods) lose sight of the fact that the site only exists through the people who come here. Piss off the people and there is nothing left.

Gina
I agree with Gina.

I have been the subject of and witnessed obvious "trolling" on BE. Some members belittle, abuse and are downright rude to posters who are only discussing subjects or asking advice. Nothing gets done about it, these "trolls" are allowed to carry on with their attitudes sat up on their high horses polishing their halo's. Yet mention a certain other site and its deleted, big up that site and you could be deleted/banned.

What once was a place I came for a chat, laugh and advice is now somewhere i wouldn't post a personal view (apart from this one!!!) incase of upsetting other members whose aim is to jump on peoples backs with the intention of starting an argument.

Thats last say on subject from me.

tracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.