Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Good year to head back to the UK???

Good year to head back to the UK???

Old Jan 5th 2012, 11:22 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good year to head back to the UK???

Originally Posted by MABHULL
thanks everyone for the input, not just the way things are in the uk but would like a better life and prospects for my son and daughter, i agree must wait till i have doe my home work and worked out pro's and cons as much as i would love to jump on the first plane , i will sit back and think about everything before i commit.thanks again everyone and who knows may be buying you aa cold one in the future.
Good luck mate and hope it all works out for you whatever you decide
Old Jan 5th 2012, 11:27 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I think it might be just a little too dull for the dull thread
It's pretty dull until you stand on the UK street with your ass hanging out of your trousers Chris. Then you wonder why you didn't follow the situation a bit better.

Old Jan 5th 2012, 11:29 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
It's pretty dull until you stand on the UK street with your ass hanging out of your trousers Chris. Then you wonder why you didn't follow the situation a bit better.

yeh but at least he can get two burgers while we only get one...

.....and the sun
Old Jan 5th 2012, 11:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Certainly not.
Too apathetic
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

The Chinese debt is small compared proportionally to the USA, and in fact China now owns much of the USA.
Are you looking at the official reported rate of debt in China that doesn't add up according to many, or the calculated rate that suggests a possible banking crisis in China within the next few years?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:55 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Are you looking at the official reported rate of debt in China that doesn't add up according to many, or the calculated rate that suggests a possible banking crisis in China within the next few years?
Quite a few intra Chinese provinces have been downgraded to junk bond debt and there is a compelling argument that the riminbi has been held way too low for any realistic domestic demand. I'm not sure Chinese demand isn't going to wane myself.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 2:25 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Christ.

Ok everyone, let me put it this way. which do you realistically think is the region in trouble - Europe or China????

Yes it is possible that China may suffer a downturn, and it may have some financial problems. On the other hand Europe is a walking basket case waiting Ollieoll over and die.

If china was a guy in the emergency room with a broken finger, Europe would be the guy on the heart restarter - and flatlining.

I know it isn't what one people really want to hear, but stuff it. Face up to the truth chaps, and stop fooling yourself.

china MAY fail. Europe WILL fail.

Clear enough?

Last edited by slapphead_otool; Jan 6th 2012 at 2:39 am.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 2:37 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
lol.

All depends I suppose, on what you had and what you have.

It certainly isn't blindingly obvious to me because I don't despite paying significantly more for my house here, a similar amount in dollars a week to what I could have got in pounds a month in the UK if I'd rented my house out.

That's for a wooden house with poky windows and tin roof versus a 110 year old sandstone house with 15ft ceilings and much bigger bedrooms.

In fact I'd hazard a guess that at the current exchange rate you would only get significantly more living space by living in the sticks like you.
Your point about being 'in the sticks' is certainly valid but I am still only 45 minutes drive from Brisbane (in the dead of the night, admittedly) and on over 3 acres on a property that could be bought today for under $400k.

I guess my perspective is coloured by coming from South East England, maybe there is more 'elbow room' for the equivalent outlay further north?

My wider point about there being more differences between the UK and Aus I will stand by, maybe you will see this after you have been here for longer than the average backpacker?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Jesus Christ.

Ok everyone, let me put it this way. which do you realistically think is the region in trouble - Europe or China????

Yes it is possible that China may suffer a downturn, and it may have some financial problems. On the other hand Europe is a walking basket case waiting Ollieoll over and die.

If china was a guy in the emergency room with a broken finger, Europe would be the guy on the heart restarter - and flatlining.

I know it isn't what one people really want to hear, but stuff it. Face up to the truth chaps, and stop fooling yourself.

Clear enough?
China don't exactly tell it how it is though do they. For example several local governments were caught with financial irregularities to the tune of $84 billion recently. I don't know too many people in the financial world that believe the stats that china publish without taking them with a large pinch of salt.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 8:40 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been here for 30 odd years altogether, is that long enough ?

Originally Posted by DeadVim

My wider point about there being more differences between the UK and Aus I will stand by, maybe you will see this after you have been here for longer than the average backpacker?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 8:40 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

So you didn't go for the nice glass of white then ?

Jesus Christ.

Clear enough?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 8:41 am
Banned

Why would I stand on the street with my arse hanging out, sounds a bit suspect to me.

Old Jan 6th 2012, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Clear enough?
My question was solely about the situation in China, nothing to do with the Eurozone, Hungary, the UK, the US, or any other country or region that might have financial issues. Nor was it asking for a comparison.

It was specifically about the bad debt in China and a potential banking crisis in China within the next few years. If this happens, there could be a much more global knock on effect than the Eurozone collapsing.

Your reaction suggests a certain amount of denial of what's happening in China, but perhaps you need to do that because of your employer?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Your point about being 'in the sticks' is certainly valid but I am still only 45 minutes drive from Brisbane (in the dead of the night, admittedly) and on over 3 acres on a property that could be bought today for under $400k.

I guess my perspective is coloured by coming from South East England, maybe there is more 'elbow room' for the equivalent outlay further north?

Possibly, possibly not. I did forget one other glaring difference though, the Ants.

So heat, coal/gas and ants.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:52 pm
Banned

OMG, the ants, how do ants manage to discover a plate with a few crumbs on it up on a table and then tell ever one of their mates about it ?

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Possibly, possibly not. I did forget one other glaring difference though, the Ants.

So heat, coal/gas and ants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.