Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Going backwards PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going backwards PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Going backwards PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But within 24hrs I got this email from the head of jist so things may just be looking up

Ronald

As I am sure you have previously been advised, JIST would normally undertake an RPL exercise within an apprenticeship program and this would be funded by the Department of Education and Training. An RPL exercise undertaken outside of an apprenticeship would normally be on a fee-for-service basis. JIST charges $1,000 for an RPL initial assessment – payment is made prior to the assessment. I have made some enquiries with Construction Skills Queensland, which is an organisation that may be able to help you with some of the cost. They are getting back to me and I will advise you further.

In my experience, It would be impossible to RPL through all 33 units of competency that makes up the Certificate III in Fire Protection – the sprinkler fitting qualification. The RPL process is an assessment only pathway – that is, there is no training component and you will need to provide evidence that you have the required knowledge in the units of competency that you are applying for – a resume alone would not be sufficient. JIST will assist you with this process. It should also be noted that any gap training would need to be undertaken within an apprenticeship program. That is, if you were successful for example in being awarded RPL for 20 units, the remaining 13 units would need to be undertaken in an apprenticeship program. This will provide you with both on-job and off-job training.

Before we start discussing costs and any possible funding that may be available, I am willing to have a look at what you may have - as a guide.

Please read the attached very carefully (it will give you a good understanding of the RPL process) and the complete and return to me. You mentioned resumes and other documents – you can send this information as well, if you like.

So there is no misunderstanding, JIST has not agreed to undertake an RPL process for you, nor have we entered into any contractual arrangement. At this stage, JIST is willing to provide some broad preliminary advice to you for guidance only.

I appreciate you may be frustrated with this issue and the process, but as a registered training provider I am bound to follow the rules under the Australian Quality Training Framework that regulates training in Australia.

I am happy to discuss with you over the phone and can be contacted on the below numbers.

Regards

T.....

T.....

Chief Executive Officer

Joint Industry Services Training (RTO) Pty Ltd

Last edited by rocket01; Nov 22nd 2009 at 6:08 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's a start at last Ron. Really hope something comes out of it for you.
Are you back in Cairns yet?
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Well, it's a start at last Ron. Really hope something comes out of it for you.
Are you back in Cairns yet?
Nope sitting here listening to the poxy wind and rain, but will be on the 11th
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rocket01
Nope sitting here listening to the poxy wind and rain, but will be on the 11th
If it is any consolation, it has been raining here too!
Hang on in there, the 11th will come around pretty quickly
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

If it is any consolation, it has been raining here too!
Hang on in there, the 11th will come around pretty quickly
Been along 6 weeks so far, but least will have money over xmas
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Been along 6 weeks so far, but least will have money over xmas
Was going to send you some karma but I need to spread it around a bit more apparently!
How is the rest of your family coping without you?
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:18 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Was going to send you some karma but I need to spread it around a bit more apparently!
I sent some for you......
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kporte
Thanks!
I've sent some to you for doing that!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kporte
Thanks need all the Karma I can get atm
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Amandas doing realy well looking after the kids and working full time bless her, but her mums been here since last week, so thats helped
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Amandas doing realy well looking after the kids and working full time bless her, but her mums been here since last week, so thats helped
Are you guys still in Palm Cove & has the pool been finished yet?
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Are you guys still in Palm Cove & has the pool been finished yet?
We moved to Trinity Beach and like everthing here it has taken the builders 6 weeks to finish the garden and the pool (spa).
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We moved to Trinity Beach and like everthing here it has taken the builders 6 weeks to finish the garden and the pool (spa).
Bit closer to town
Glad the builders got there in the end!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Bit closer to town
Glad the builders got there in the end!
Took not paying the rent before the owner got his arse into gear, but it seems to be like everything over there u need to take drastic action to get anywhere, it took amanda 5 weeks to get the phone connected and working, its like living in a 3rd world sometimes lol
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Took not paying the rent before the owner got his arse into gear, but it seems to be like everything over there u need to take drastic action to get anywhere, it took amanda 5 weeks to get the phone connected and working, its like living in a 3rd world sometimes lol
Was that because it is a new build? Are you on a new estate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.