Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Going backwards PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going backwards PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Going backwards PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone please help

I just found out today that unless I secure myself an apprenticeship within 4 weeks, I will not be able to work in my industry (fire sprinkler systems) for at least another 12 months and maybe even longer. I have over 21 years experience in the UK but no formal qualifications, I've a 175 and was on the MODL list. I had to prove to australia immigration via an TRA that i was able to do my job, but this means jack crap when you get here.
I arrived nearly 12 months ago and to date have not been able to work as I'm unlicensed. The only way I can get my licenses if I get an apprenticeship and an appentice number, this allows me to do an RPL giving me my licenses within a month instead off untaking a 4 year apprenticeship.

This is part of the email I got from the Executive Director of the National Fire Industry Association Australia who deals with all new appenticeships.

No companies are actively in the market for new apprentices right at the moment.

In fact, some existing apprentice employers are struggling to maintain employment for their apprentices due to the economic situation - so not a good time to be in the market for an apprenticeship.

Where do I go from now

Cheers Ron

Last edited by rocket01; Sep 23rd 2009 at 7:24 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Going backwards PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sent my resume to nearly every company in qld & nsw but to no avail and I have applied for numerous jobs all over Australia and in the end it comes to no licenses no job

I've also emailed to The Minister for Immigration, Shadow Minister for Education and Training and the Treasurer and Minister for Employment and Economic Development asking wtf can't I get my licenses to allow me to work, but to date no reply.

Does anyone know anyone in the newspapers or news that wishes to take up my plight.

Last edited by rocket01; Sep 23rd 2009 at 7:26 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried other states for apprenticeship?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Have you tried other states for apprenticeship?
Hi sally
I've tried everything and thing that annoys me the most is that electricans and plumbers don't come anywhere close to the hurdles I need to jump, but maybe I'm wrong.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Would anyone take you on without pay just so that you can get your month done?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Ron, i cant help you but so sorry to hear of your plight hope some thing
comes up for you.

Karma sent.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:52 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

By law employers are not allowed.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Bloke
By law employers are not allowed.
It was just a thought. I can understand why not though.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ausi dream
Ron, i cant help you but so sorry to hear of your plight hope some thing
comes up for you.

Karma sent.
Thanks 4 the K
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:02 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

It was just a thought. I can understand why not though.
Don't know. Might have something to do with the unions.........
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

I was working illegaly for a few months down in Brisbane but the contracts are written so that the employer doesn't know where he stands with a RPL in an apprenticeship, so he wasn't willing to take me on 4 a 4 year apprenticship even so I would or might become fully qualified within a month making the contract sease.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Don't know. Might have something to do with the unions.........
If i was caught working without a license it was a 5k fine for me and my employer. When I was inducted on site I had to write I was a casual, but if caught installing thats where they get funny.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have you tried posting in the Jobs Wanted section?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137

Does Hutch work in journalism? may be worth a pm just in case!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Does any 1 know about the new govt legislation released today?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by rocket01
Does any 1 know about the new govt legislation released today?

Pertaining to what? State (which one) or Federal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.