Going Back ?

Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:45 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going Back ?

Originally Posted by Innyjim
Hello All

Just thought I'd share my troubled thoughts with you. My wife and I moved to Fremantle in July of 2004 following a couple of years of getting the visa together. We moved back to the UK after a challenging 18 months at the end of 2005. My wife was really home sick and money was a little bit tight, although we'd bought a house and a couple of cars etc etc...

Anyway, the long of short it is that I have always wanted to go back to Oz deep down and thought that given time I could persuade my wife to go back. We have an 19 month old daughter now and our visa runs out May 2005. I've got this terrible feeling that if we don't give it another go we'll regret it for the rest of lives. Oh dilemnas !
just a point if you are going to come back, don't you have to get the baby on the visa?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Possums
just a point if you are going to come back, don't you have to get the baby on the visa?
Yeah we will, but doesn't really seem to be an issue. From talking to the High Commission we can either do it when we get there or before we go.....
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Location: herts-sydney-herts-manchester...next stop mornington peninsula?
mandoz will become famous soon enoughmandoz will become famous soon enough

Yeah we will, but doesn't really seem to be an issue. From talking to the High Commission we can either do it when we get there or before we go.....
You could probably get a new rrv couldnt you if you wanted to buy more time, especially as you have family there?

My residency expires may 09 also, but I do have an option of renewing, I think you have to satisy certain criteria also to do this.

Is it your immediate family btw?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/resi...ligibility.htm

Maybe not a 5 year RRv but a 3 month one, which would get you back...its a risk though I guess that they might say no, but Id say unlikely??
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mandoz
You could probably get a new rrv couldnt you if you wanted to buy more time, especially as you have family there?

My residency expires may 09 also, but I do have an option of renewing, I think you have to satisy certain criteria also to do this.

Is it your immediate family btw?
We don't meet the RRV criterior unfortunately... yeah, my Mum & dad live out there as does my brother....
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm. Currently we have gone for a compromise. We are saying two years in Melbourne (work pending). In that sense we would be able to rent our place out here and go with an open mind. I feel this is a good compromise because it kind of takes the pressure of us. We will go with the flow as to what happens after two years. Although I suspect we will both be secretly hoping we stay.
Im excited about this option but we wont be going for the next 12-18mths So we can share the pain of waiting if you like [/QUOTE]

That sounds like a good idea, although as we have young children i really want to make permanent plans as i dont want to keep moving them back and forth So have you been and returned? And where from? The thought of waiting 12 -18 months would be enough to send me mad, once i get an itch i just need to scratch it Although at this rate i could be 12 years away

BB x
Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all

i wish i only had to wait 12/18 months, we prob wont get back for at least 2 years, but i'm working v hard on that
Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisaroo
i wish i only had to wait 12/18 months, we prob wont get back for at least 2 years, but i'm working v hard on that
Whys that Lisaroo? I think if i had a definate leaving date i would be ok, even if is was a while off - its the not knowing that annoys me
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Betty Boot

That sounds like a good idea, although as we have young children i really want to make permanent plans as i dont want to keep moving them back and forth So have you been and returned? And where from? The thought of waiting 12 -18 months would be enough to send me mad, once i get an itch i just need to scratch it Although at this rate i could be 12 years away

BB x
I went out in '99 as a single gal Lived in sydney for six years. Absolutely loved it!

Then I met hubby and all down hill from there Just kidding!

There was lots going on for me, but biggest trigger was having my son....with that came pull of family.....whole story there similar to yours I think.

yes we worry about back and forthe with kids, (ours are very young too). 3.5 and 5months

How old are yours?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all

hubby's just taken over his dad's bussiness and needs to settle before leaving again, so we're lucky we're going back at all but hubby wants to wait until near the end of our visa to basicaly make sure the boys are treating him like the boss and not one of them as they still are at mo!!!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes we worry about back and forthe with kids, (ours are very young too). 3.5 and 5months

How old are yours?[/QUOTE]

Yep, similar story, loved oz while childless, along come the kids and the guilt factor (depriving grandparents/kids/everyone of kids) coupled with the boredom of being home and having zero social life set in but really its the same here as it is in Oz, when you have kids you are always limited to what you can do. Our girls are 5 and 3. The 5 year old has just finished Reception class and is soooooo excited about starting Year One in sept, apparently the new teacher is fab - mmmmmmm how to make me want to change my mind about moving AGAIN - there's that mothers guilt kicking in again
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Yep, similar story, loved oz while childless, along come the kids and the guilt factor (depriving grandparents/kids/everyone of kids) coupled with the boredom of being home and having zero social life set in but really its the same here as it is in Oz, when you have kids you are always limited to what you can do. Our girls are 5 and 3. The 5 year old has just finished Reception class and is soooooo excited about starting Year One in sept, apparently the new teacher is fab - mmmmmmm how to make me want to change my mind about moving AGAIN - there's that mothers guilt kicking in again
But you will feel guilty whatever you do. If you dont you will feel you have deprived them of a better quality of life.

They're at good ages though, thats why we want to wait a bit.

Whereabouts were you in oz first time?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mandoz
But you will feel guilty whatever you do. If you dont you will feel you have deprived them of a better quality of life.

They're at good ages though, thats why we want to wait a bit.

Whereabouts were you in oz first time?
Perth. I know it gets slated a lot for how boring it is, but it wasnt really, we as a family always had plenty to do. Now we are just thinking, been there and done that so why not try Brisbane, although it would be easier to head back to Perth as we have a lot of good friends there, but then i'm never one for keeping life simple for myself
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Perth. I know it gets slated a lot for how boring it is, but it wasnt really, we as a family always had plenty to do. Now we are just thinking, been there and done that so why not try Brisbane, although it would be easier to head back to Perth as we have a lot of good friends there, but then i'm never one for keeping life simple for myself
We always had plenty to do in Freo...plenty of places to eat, drink and misbehave.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Hello All

Just thought I'd share my troubled thoughts with you. My wife and I moved to Fremantle in July of 2004 following a couple of years of getting the visa together. We moved back to the UK after a challenging 18 months at the end of 2005. My wife was really home sick and money was a little bit tight, although we'd bought a house and a couple of cars etc etc...

Anyway, the long of short it is that I have always wanted to go back to Oz deep down and thought that given time I could persuade my wife to go back. We have an 19 month old daughter now and our visa runs out May 2005. I've got this terrible feeling that if we don't give it another go we'll regret it for the rest of lives. Oh dilemnas !
Hi,
I think you have an advantage over many migrants here in that you know pretty much what it will be like. If your wife didn't like it the first time what has changed to make her like it this time. Why was it so hard last time, have those issues changed.. if not making the move is expensive as you already know and things here are pretty much on par with costs in the UK so making another aborted attempt would just end up losing you money and adding stress.

personally i can think of loads of things here that are better than the UK, space being an important one, not sitting forever in traffic, cleaner air, beautiful places to go for a day out, amazing wildlife, open and friendly people (more open than living in the city in the UK). there are some worse things but overall think it is a betetr place to raise kids IMO.

Good luck with what ever you decide

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.