British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   A glorious hole (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/glorious-hole-439307/)

andicee May 27th 2007 6:54 pm

Re: Road base heaven

5 Attachment(s)
Well guys, for those that are interested, and in the best Steve'o style, here's where we're at. Have decided not to build the extension; stretching ourselves a bit too far as we want to buy an investment property, so it's 'just' the pool and paving for now.

Had 6.5 m3 of road base delivered on the Friday and here's where a big thank you goes to God. After all this time with no rain, it rained Friday evening, making the road base three times heavier. Nice. Ho, hum, it was only 96 barrow loads and yes, my trusty $38 wheelbarrow from Bunnings is still going strong. And no the little people don't get out of shovelling!

Oh yeah, and a big thanks to all my 'mates' who disappeared to Gympie for the great wheelbarrow race. You know who you are!! (Joke guys)

Got my licensing exam on Saturday so nothing more is getting done til after that

andicee May 27th 2007 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by andicee (Post 4840194)
Well guys, for those that are interested, and in the best Steve'o style, here's where we're at. Have decided not to build the extension; stretching ourselves a bit too far as we want to buy an investment property, so it's 'just' the pool and paving for now.

Had 6.5 m3 of road base delivered on the Friday and here's where a big thank you goes to God. After all this time with no rain, it rained Friday evening, making the road base three times heavier. Nice. Ho, hum, it was only 96 barrow loads and yes, my trusty $38 wheelbarrow from Bunnings is still going strong. And no the little people don't get out of shovelling!

Oh yeah, and a big thanks to all my 'mates' who disappeared to Gympie for the great wheelbarrow race. You know who you are!! (Joke guys)

Got my licensing exam on Saturday so nothing more is getting done til after that

Dunno what happened to that first image but you get the idea.

steve`o May 27th 2007 8:38 pm

well done mate :thumbsup: and good luck with the exam ;)

Geelong Gent May 27th 2007 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by andicee (Post 4840203)
Dunno what happened to that first image but you get the idea.

Excited for ya mate.:thumbsup:

Hope its all even sailing from here in.

andicee May 28th 2007 7:39 pm

Re: A glorious hole

Cheers guys, it's gonna be a doddle :lol:

cresta57 May 28th 2007 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by andicee (Post 4840194)

They said something about having to avoid Manuel Labour I just thought it was another nutter Ann had befriended:p

Pollyana May 28th 2007 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 4845124)
They said something about having to avoid Manuel Labour I just thought it was another nutter Ann had befriended:p

:rofl: at Manuel Labour...

...and what do you expect to see out of a north Brisbane bedroom window...Sydney Opera House? herds of wildebeest? a ruddy great hole pretending to be a swimmingpool? :D

cresta57 May 28th 2007 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 4845136)
:rofl: at Manuel Labour...

...and what do you expect to see out of a north Brisbane bedroom window...Sydney Opera House? herds of wildebeest? a ruddy great hole pretending to be a swimmingpool? :D

I shouldn't say but the "Dog Training Lot" they came up to see were a bunch of nutters I did warn them that Gundiah was full of wierdo's I don't think the G man was impressed, non of them were drinking anything stronger than ginger beer:eek: I swear one of them even had a banjo. They looked like a trainspotters convention:rofl:
Anyway back on topic; nice hole Wendy, I hope you got it filled adequately:blink:

andicee Sep 9th 2007 10:24 pm

Well, thought I may as well revive this old thread. The paving is going down. Slowly. I laid 100 odd slabs and the next day decided that they would look better with a bigger gap between them so up they came! The following weekend I tore into it and got 250 down. Only another 700 to go then. The next weekend it tipped it down with rain. I arranged the following Friday and Monday off and thought I'd get it finished. However I woke up on the Friday DYING with flu. Seriously, I've never been so ill in my life. I could hardly stand :ohmy:

And the following weekend it tipped it down again!

And now for the bombeshell...we've bought another house and will be moving in 30 days time!!!!!

Yep, and I've not even been in the pool yet!!

We did rush into this one a bit and being on 600 m2 it was never going to be big enough. Nothing wrong with the house, it just feels claustrophobic. We bought at the right price tho and it has gone up quite a bit in the 6 months that we've been here. Have just had an offer accepted on a house just down the road on 2 1/4 acres. Needs a lot of work but that's half the fun.

So, my question is, who needs a rental in Petrie?

Seriously

Andy

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Sep 29th 2007 10:44 am

Originally Posted by andicee (Post 5293651)
Well, thought I may as well revive this old thread. The paving is going down. Slowly. I laid 100 odd slabs and the next day decided that they would look better with a bigger gap between them so up they came! The following weekend I tore into it and got 250 down. Only another 700 to go then. The next weekend it tipped it down with rain. I arranged the following Friday and Monday off and thought I'd get it finished. However I woke up on the Friday DYING with flu. Seriously, I've never been so ill in my life. I could hardly stand :ohmy:

And now for the bombeshell...we've bought another house and will be moving in 30 days time!!!!!

We did rush into this one a bit and being on 600 m2 it was never going to be big enough. Nothing wrong with the house, it just feels claustrophobic. We bought at the right price tho and it has gone up quite a bit in the 6 months that we've been here. Have just had an offer accepted on a house just down the road on 2 1/4 acres. Needs a lot of work but that's half the fun.

Seriously

Andy

Hows the slabs coming along Andy? Got any 'finished' pics to show us yet? :)

Fly Away Sep 29th 2007 11:01 am

Originally Posted by andicee (Post 5293651)

Seriously

Andy

LOL. Nothing like changing your mind! :rofl: :rofl:

andicee Sep 29th 2007 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 5369262)
Hows the slabs coming along Andy? Got any 'finished' pics to show us yet? :)

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!

Ha, ha, ha,

Ha!

Originally Posted by Fly Away (Post 5369303)
LOL. Nothing like changing your mind! :rofl: :rofl:

I NEVER do things by halves. Beer, boats, houses, it's all the same to me!!

The contract has gone unconditional and we'll be able to move in in a week or so. Should get a date tomorrow. A date to move in that is!

Seriously tho, does anybody want or know anyone that wants a rental in Petrie?

Andy

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Sep 29th 2007 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by andicee (Post 5370134)
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!

Ha, ha, ha,

Ha!

I NEVER do things by halves. Beer, boats, houses, it's all the same to me!!

The contract has gone unconditional and we'll be able to move in in a week or so. Should get a date tomorrow. A date to move in that is!

Seriously tho, does anybody want or know anyone that wants a rental in Petrie?

Andy

Hey Andy.....we went show home (or should I say, show village) viewing in NL's today! Very nice they were as well! :rofl:

Tiawamutu Sep 30th 2007 3:07 am

Looking great :cool:

Can I ask, is it a new or reconditioned pool?

andicee Sep 30th 2007 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 5370288)
Hey Andy.....we went show home (or should I say, show village) viewing in NL's today! Very nice they were as well! :rofl:

Don't be tempted by the dark side. You must resist, resist, resist!!!

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu (Post 5370936)
Looking great :cool:

Can I ask, is it a new or reconditioned pool?

New