British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   A glorious hole (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/glorious-hole-439307/)

andicee Apr 10th 2007 9:49 pm

Re: A glorious hole

Originally Posted by sme (Post 4625440)
Is "Highbury Outer" where the ghosts of past championships are laid to rest ?:rofl:

Pool's looking good :)

You should've been a comedian...oh, wait a minute:p

They've done me a favour actually. Held back on getting Foxtel installed til we moved into the new house, and now that their season is well and truly over, I've decided to wait til next season.

Andy

sme Apr 11th 2007 1:46 am

Originally Posted by andicee (Post 4625494)

They've done me a favour actually. Held back on getting Foxtel installed til we moved into the new house, and now that their season is well and truly over, I've decided to wait til next season.

Andy

Do you know I,ve only just noticed you've filled it ! How long did it take ?

sme Apr 11th 2007 1:47 am

Originally Posted by andicee (Post 4625494)

Andy

Yeah we've only just got Foxtail (as the kids call it) but my teams season is not yet over ;)

andicee Apr 11th 2007 5:48 pm

3 days...and dare I ask who you support??

sme Apr 11th 2007 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by andicee (Post 4630294)
3 days...and dare I ask who you support??

The mightiest team in West London !

Was it just a single hose ? Have you got in yet or just the kids ?

steve`o Apr 11th 2007 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 4602358)

It really is a simple as walking over the area in which you are going to dig with a detector thingy (technical term escapes me)...BEFORE you dig!

Nice looking pool BTW! :)

cat;)

steve`o Apr 11th 2007 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by andicee (Post 4625406)
then all I've gotta do is pave it. ONLY 65m2

Andy

that`ll keep you busy lad ;)

whos doing the wiring? are you subbing it out :rofl:

andicee Apr 11th 2007 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by sme (Post 4630514)
The mightiest team in West London !

Was it just a single hose ? Have you got in yet or just the kids ?

So one of the London KGB then? Yep, just a single hose. Just dipped me toes in for the time being but my daughter and her mates have been in. I've been too knackered to swim!!

sme Apr 11th 2007 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by andicee (Post 4631170)
So one of the London KGB then? Yep, just a single hose. Just dipped me toes in for the time being but my daughter and her mates have been in. I've been too knackered to swim!!

Was the drinking of vodka that gave it away or the furry hat !?

andicee Apr 11th 2007 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 4630541)
that`ll keep you busy lad ;)

whos doing the wiring? are you subbing it out :rofl:

Well unfortunately, the mrs saw your 'on my way' thread and wondered why I wasn't working as hard!!!

Obviously I did the wiring myself. Not gonna trust any pool guy...they're worse than kitchen fitters:lol: The guys that fitted the pool said they would run the cable for the lights for me. Yeah, right. I came home early to wire it up and they'd run the cables in the crushed dust backfill. No conduit, nuthin'!

Pulled it all out and ran conduit. Pool guy was well impressed. Asked me if I wanted to do the wiring for his other pools!!

andicee Apr 11th 2007 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by sme (Post 4631182)
Was the drinking of vodka that gave it away or the furry hat !?

Drinking od vodka??

Furry hat???

Dosvidanya tovarich (sp.)

steve`o Apr 11th 2007 10:54 pm

[QUOTE=andicee;4631194] The guys that fitted the pool said they would run the cable for the lights for me. Yeah, right. I came home early to wire it up and they'd run the cables in the crushed dust backfill. No conduit, nuthin'!

QUOTE]

standard aussie wiring then ;)

andicee Apr 12th 2007 12:16 am

[QUOTE=steve`o;4631324]

Originally Posted by andicee (Post 4631194)
The guys that fitted the pool said they would run the cable for the lights for me. Yeah, right. I came home early to wire it up and they'd run the cables in the crushed dust backfill. No conduit, nuthin'!

QUOTE]

standard aussie wiring then ;)

Probably one of the better examples :rofl:

biggy Apr 15th 2007 10:01 am

pool looks fab

Is that a double opening gate at the far end of the pool area? we were told that we couldnt have that cos its too large an opening and doesnt self close.

andicee Apr 16th 2007 12:12 am

Originally Posted by biggy (Post 4646552)
pool looks fab

Is that a double opening gate at the far end of the pool area? we were told that we couldnt have that cos its too large an opening and doesnt self close.

Thanks. The pool does look fab it's just a shame that it's now too cold to use it and that the rest of the garden is a bilding site :blink:

Yep, the double opening gate at the far end is securely padlocked up and that's where we're looking to have the extension built. Should the council start to get funny about it, which I doubt, I'll just remove the hinges and make it a permanent feature til building work commences.

Andy