A glorious hole

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice
Default A glorious hole

Having a pool put in and the guys dug the hole today. Hit the main sewer in the first 10 mins and cost me $300 for them to fix it. Still, they're as good as gold and these things do happen. Gonna look good once it's finished and as it's gonna be completed before 10th April we won't have to pay to fill it up, currently $1500

Andy
Attached Thumbnails A glorious hole-glorious-hole-004.jpg   A glorious hole-glorious-hole-008.jpg   A glorious hole-glorious-hole-007.jpg  
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:59 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A glorious hole

Originally Posted by andicee
Having a pool put in and the guys dug the hole today. Hit the main sewer in the first 10 mins and cost me $300 for them to fix it. Still, they're as good as gold and these things do happen. Gonna look good once it's finished and as it's gonna be completed before 10th April we won't have to pay to fill it up, currently $1500

Andy
Amazing - you can stand upright !
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by sme
Amazing - you can stand upright !
Well, I've only had one Stella...
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Andy
Surely they checked for sewer pipes before the dig started????
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Absolutely...NOT. The house is only four years old and I was told by everyone I asked prior to the dig about the routing of pipework. "Nah, you'll be OK, no-one runs pipes thru gardens cos everyone's getting pools put in these days." The guys were quite open about the fact that they regularly hit pipes, or cables. C'est la vie

Andy
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
I'd have thought so too. When we were getting planning permission for an extension to our house they wanted every bloody plan ever of the house. Storm water, sewage pipes, easements, line of sight, elevation, cable, electricity, contours, soil samples,etc etc. And at the end of it all they said no (or computer says no )

So I'm really suprised in the nanny state we are in, some one can come along and dig a hole and hit the sewers and say 'oh well, shit happens'.

JTL
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I'd have thought so too. When we were getting planning permission for an extension to our house they wanted every bloody plan ever of the house. Storm water, sewage pipes, easements, line of sight, elevation, cable, electricity, contours, soil samples,etc etc. And at the end of it all they said no (or computer says no )

So I'm really suprised in the nanny state we are in, some one can come along and dig a hole and hit the sewers and say 'oh well, shit happens'.

JTL
Believe me, sh*t really did happen. The digger operator had just availed himself of our toilet facilities. Not pretty at 7am I can tell you.

Andy
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Believe me, sh*t really did happen. The digger operator had just availed himself of our toilet facilities. Not pretty at 7am I can tell you.

Andy
Ha Ha no pun intended
You DID get planning permission from the council didn't you?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Ha Ha no pun intended
You DID get planning permission from the council didn't you?
Planning permission????

Hah! Cos of the impending water restrictions this has all been a bit of a rush. A guy (Scouser) came round last Monday to do the quote; after I'd haggled with him a bit we accepted and signed the contract on Friday. Work started today. All necessary council approvals have been obtained and AFAIK, everything is above board and legal. Apart from the guy fixing the sewer himself...for cash!! Chap from council coming round tomorrow to make sure fence is OK and issue certification. Swimming by Wednesday. And no, although I'm a Gooner, I don't have anything against Scousers!

Andy
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:59 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

when you put in for planning permission for the pool....all pipework has to be looked at also.................you have to be a certain distance away from the main sewer.......here in Qld its at least 2 meters.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And no, although I'm a Gooner, I don't have anything against Scousers!

Andy
Even after getting your arse whipped 4-1 at the weekend?

(actually I'm a gooner too, and my bro supports Liverpool)
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Even after getting your arse whipped 4-1 at the weekend?

(actually I'm a gooner too, and my bro supports Liverpool)
Yep, funny how I suddenly got text messages from my 'mates' in the UK who support Liverpool. Well, we had to let them win one game against us this season

Andy
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:14 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Planning permission????

Hah! Cos of the impending water restrictions this has all been a bit of a rush. A guy (Scouser) came round last Monday to do the quote; after I'd haggled with him a bit we accepted and signed the contract on Friday. Work started today. All necessary council approvals have been obtained and AFAIK, everything is above board and legal. Apart from the guy fixing the sewer himself...for cash!! Chap from council coming round tomorrow to make sure fence is OK and issue certification. Swimming by Wednesday. And no, although I'm a Gooner, I don't have anything against Scousers!

Andy
You are such a wide boy !

Only 1 Stella - you're slipping !
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

And here I thought this thread as about a hole that is glorious...
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by biggy
when you put in for planning permission for the pool....all pipework has to be looked at also.................you have to be a certain distance away from the main sewer.......here in Qld its at least 2 meters.
We've got a manhole in the corner of our garden and the pool was placed 4metre away from it. Unfortunately, the plumber decided to run the main sewer pipe at a 45 degree angle across the garden.

Plumbers...cowboys one and all

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.