View Poll Results: Which statement do you agree with
Global warming is caused by humans
19.01%
Global warming is a natural process, contribution of human activity is substantial
30.99%
Global warming is a natural process, contribution of human activity is negligible
45.77%
Global warming seems unlikely
4.23%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Global warming

Old Dec 8th 2009, 2:40 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global warming

Leah Wickham, a young Fijian student activist, stood up and the Copenhagen climate conference today and said “"We [are] here in Copenhagen to fight for our identity, for our culture, and for our very right to exist,".

1. Not climate scientist. Not even bloody economist (though I would ban them from talking about something they know bugger all about) A STUDENT ACTIVIST.
2. She talked not about climate change, but culture and identity.

Proof, ladies and gentlemen, that AGW is driven not by respected scientists who worry about small changes to global temperatures, but about “culture” and “identity”

I rest my case.

You want a conference about climate change, have one full of climate scientists. Who invited the student activist?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 2:48 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Leah Wickham, a young Fijian student activist, stood up and the Copenhagen climate conference today and said “"We [are] here in Copenhagen to fight for our identity, for our culture, and for our very right to exist,".

1. Not climate scientist. Not even bloody economist (though I would ban them from talking about something they know bugger all about) A STUDENT ACTIVIST.

Proof, ladies and gentlemen, that AGW is driven not by respected scientists who worry about small changes to global temperatures, but about “culture” and “identity”

I rest my case.

You want a conference about climate change, have one full of climate scientists. Who invited the student activist?
Yawn.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 2:50 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>You want a conference about climate change, have one full of climate scientists. Who invited the student activist?<<

Absolutely right.

Their movie that started the whole shebang did the CC cause no good at all, and neither did addresses by emotive activists.

But then most of those there are politicians, who probably couldn't add two and two and make four.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 2:57 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Yawn.
If you are bored you could always do some study or research on the subject. That would allow you to make reasoned and educated replies to peoples posts wouldnt it.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 3:00 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

If you are bored you could always do some study or research on the subject. That would allow you to make reasoned and educated replies to peoples posts wouldnt it.
How many signatures have you got on your anti climate change petition?

I am guessing less than 1 million...7?

P.s. what have you got against students? Did you go to Uni?

Last edited by Lord_Farquar; Dec 8th 2009 at 3:07 am.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 3:18 am
Not allowed opinions.

How many signatures have you got on your anti climate change petition?

I am guessing less than 1 million...7?
Hitler won 43,9% of the electoral vote in March 1933, when some 17,277,000 Germans believed what he told them.

He convinced them there was science behind the Nazi racial superiority theories.

He supported it with research and statistics. Go google it and do some research.

Its pretty scary. He had a lot of scientific “proof” to convince people. People who didn’t bother to question it.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 3:20 am
Banned

Hitler won 43,9% of the electoral vote in March 1933, when some 17,277,000 Germans believed what he told them.

He convinced them there was science behind the Nazi racial superiority theories.

He supported it with research and statistics. Go google it and do some research.

Its pretty scary. He had a lot of scientific “proof” to convince people. People who didn’t bother to question it.
Wow,so climate change scientists are now Nazis? I think that's a big leap to make.

Do you also believe in Creationism?

Last edited by Lord_Farquar; Dec 8th 2009 at 3:23 am.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 3:27 am
Not allowed opinions.

P.s. what have you got against students? Did you go to Uni?
Yep, went to uni. Several times actually. Just finished working at a well known Sydney University, and I am studying again part time at another one. Meet me for a beer and I will prove it.

The first one, my Student Union took my money and used it to print fake draft cards, which they then burned so that they could be in “solidarity with students in the USA”.

This was in the UK, and the bloody draft had ended the year before, (and students avoided the draft) but the claptrap activists (who were all like Rick out of the young Ones) wanted to attack the warmongering capitalists.

So in answer:
1. Been a student (graduated several times)
2. Nothing against students
3. A dislike of claptrap activists.

Last edited by slapphead_otool; Dec 8th 2009 at 3:49 am. Reason: tidy up formating
Old Dec 8th 2009, 3:37 am
Not allowed opinions.

Wow,so climate change scientists are now Nazis? I think that's a big leap to make.

Do you also believe in Creationism?

Did I say that? Or did you just attempt to put a spin on my post?

Let me make it easy for you, as you are obviously struggling here:

1. Your mentioned less than 1M supporting and anti climate change petition. As I demonstrated, pure numbers mean F all. 17M voted for Hitler for Christ sake!

2. I then pointed at that those 17M voted for him in part based upon manipulation of scientific theories to prove something that the world now sees was completely wrong. I didn’t make it too obvious (although now I see that I should have done so that you would have understood), however there is an analogy with the current use of unchallenged scientific research to convince people of global warming.

Please try to keep up with the discussion, you are slowing things down a little.

And I dont believe in Creationism. Darwin all the way.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

easty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant future

I rest my case.

Spot on! For anyone yet to decide one way or the other if climate change is mostly caused by humans I would suggest they watch with interest how this whole Copenhagen conference is handled, not just by the political leaders and lecturers but the way the media handles the whole issue and how the use of emotive speakers is used to sway the public. Watch the way the media will focus on human suffering and how little science is actually used and the power of emotional blackmail to attempt to make sceptics out to be uncaring, selfish and money hungry anti human sh**s. I can hear the speeches now, " we must not stand by and do nothing, we have a responsibility to protect this world for future generations, we must make tough, unpopular decisions, those who still don't believe in man-made climate change just don't care about our planet " blah blah blah

The answer of course to all the climate change problems are of course taxes, not discontinuing the use of petrol engines or forcing the use of locally grown produce, encouraging less of a consumerism driven society etc.... no lets tax people instead. I must say I do care about the planet, very much so, I just don't believe climate change is caused in great part by human activity and I certainly do not believe taxes are the answer to the problem. It will be interesting how much coverage will be given to the conference compared to how much was recently given to the climategate findings.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:00 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by easty1976
I must say I do care about the planet, very much so, I just don't believe climate change is caused in great part by human activity and I certainly do not believe taxes are the answer to the problem.
You do realise that your comment above is sufficient proof for the Global warming brigade to denounce you as a denier.....

Their attitude to say that they must not be questioned in any way will make many more people vote against this extra tax.

Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:03 am
Banned

Did I say that? Or did you just attempt to put a spin on my post?

Let me make it easy for you, as you are obviously struggling here:

1. Your mentioned less than 1M supporting and anti climate change petition. As I demonstrated, pure numbers mean F all. 17M voted for Hitler for Christ sake!

2. I then pointed at that those 17M voted for him in part based upon manipulation of scientific theories to prove something that the world now sees was completely wrong. I didn’t make it too obvious (although now I see that I should have done so that you would have understood), however there is an analogy with the current use of unchallenged scientific research to convince people of global warming.

Please try to keep up with the discussion, you are slowing things down a little.

And I dont believe in Creationism. Darwin all the way.
This board used to be fun.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:08 am
Not allowed opinions.

Sorry to spoil your fun with a nasty dose of reality.

Its a bit like a bucket of cold water being thrown over you when you are dreaming in bed. One is nice but false, the other is not nice but real.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:09 am
Banned

Sorry to spoil your fun with a nasty dose of reality.

Its a bit like a bucket of cold water being thrown over you when you are dreaming in bed. One is nice but false, the other is not nice but real.
In your opinion.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:10 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Still is. Debate is debate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.