Reload this Page >

Gift for hevs, Matt and babe

Gift for hevs, Matt and babe

Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:52 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gift for hevs, Matt and babe

Hi y'all.

Thought it would be a really nice idea to chip in all together to get hevs and Matt, plus their newborn, Flynn something nice to lift their spirits a bit.

After much consultation, it seems the simplest idea would be to gift some money via hev's PayPal account, because otherwise, collecting money could be tricky.
They're currently spending a heap of money on petrol having to drive to see little Flynn every day and we can only imagine the stress they're going through right now, especially given Matt not working after his head trauma some months back and all this without family.
I also hear because Flynn was so early, they are seriously under prepared in the basics department...

Anyway, if anyone would like to show their support via the PayPal idea, then you can PM Pollyana, Bordy, or me for the email address.
Once you have the address, you can then donate through paypal. Those without a PayPal account will have to set one up to donate, but it doesn't take very long.

Obviously we want to keep Hev's privacy paramount, so would ask anyone who does donate to keep the email address for the purpose.

Last edited by iPom; Nov 15th 2006 at 9:04 am. Reason: Correcting the IM to PM
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gift for hevs, Matt and babe

Originally Posted by iPom
Hi y'all.

Thought it would be a really nice idea to chip in all together to get hevs and Matt, plus their newborn, Flynn something nice to lift their spirits a bit.

After much consultation, it seems the simplest idea would be to gift some money via hev's PayPal account, because otherwise, collecting money could be tricky.
They're currently spending a heap of money on petrol having to drive to see little Flynn every day and we can only imagine the stress they're going through right now, especially given Matt not working after his head trauma some months back and all this without family.
I also hear because Flynn was so early, they are seriously under prepared in the basics department...

Anyway, if anyone would like to show their support via the PayPal idea, then you can IM Pollyana, Bordy, or me for the email address.
Once you have the address, you can then donate through paypal. Those without a PayPal account will have to set one up to donate, but it doesn't take very long.

Obviously we want to keep Hev's privacy paramount, so would ask anyone who does donate to keep the email address for the purpose.

What a lovely idea.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Hi y'all.

Anyway, if anyone would like to show their support via the PayPal idea, then you can IM Pollyana, Bordy, or me for the email address.

Thanks iPom

PM is easiest for me actually, as I can get to them at work.

Hevs had to be talked round to the idea, but sees the friendly helping hand extended to her, and agreed finally that a few things for the little early arrival would be very welcome Seems like the best way to help when we are all so scattered.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 15th 2006 at 8:58 am.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:57 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely idea Ipom !!
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Hevs had to be talked round to the idea, but sees the friendly helping hand extended to her, and agreed finally that a few things for the little early arrival would be very welcome Seems like the best way to help when we are all so scattered.
Sorry, meant PM.. Have fixed that in the OP.

I'm getting some great responses by PM right now so thanks to everyone who's responding so far.

Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:21 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Good on ya I Pom, brilliant idea. Ive got a feeling you will have Hevs in tears later tonight when she comes online.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

What a thoughtful person you are. Well done.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy
Good on ya I Pom, brilliant idea. Ive got a feeling you will have Hevs in tears later tonight when she comes online.
Hi Bordy... Couldn't have done it without your diplomacy.

Having children is hard enough, but having a stressful time on top of it is so horrid. Been there and done that.

Everyone here needs to pull together to support friends out there who are having a tough time.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

just a brill idea, nice one ipom

will pm you x
Old Nov 15th 2006, 12:56 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say a big thank you to I Pom for this beautiful thought.

Also thanks to Polly and Uncle Bordy for helping get set up and to Sue (admin) for ok-ing it...

We were a little shocked at first but now are just overwhelmed at the big hearts of you people on here. Our personal and financial situation is fairly overwhelming and this is just so unexpected but so uplifting. We just..... Well we don't really have the words to express what we are feeling right now.

So all we can say is thank you from the bottom of our all hearts.

Heather, Matt and Flynn.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS. Could you all put your expats name on there as i don't know some peoples real names Now i feel really bad

Last edited by hevs; Nov 15th 2006 at 1:00 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:16 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
I have to say a big thank you to I Pom for this beautiful thought.

Also thanks to Polly and Uncle Bordy for helping get set up and to Sue (admin) for ok-ing it...

We were a little shocked at first but now are just overwhelmed at the big hearts of you people on here. Our personal and financial situation is fairly overwhelming and this is just so unexpected but so uplifting. We just..... Well we don't really have the words to express what we are feeling right now.

So all we can say is thank you from the bottom of our all hearts.

Heather, Matt and Flynn.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS. Could you all put your expats name on there as i don't know some peoples real names Now i feel really bad
Hello mate, just glad we can help in some small way even though we aren't there with you.

Anyone who wants to pass their real names on, to link to their expats names, can add them to the pm's - the three of us can collect the names/messages and pass them on, then they aren't on the forum itself.

By the way, this is a "whole of the family" thing of course - don't let the older two feel left out, as we are including them in all the good wishes - hope they are doing OK as well
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:21 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, this is a "whole of the family" thing of course - don't let the older two feel left out, as we are including them in all the good wishes - hope they are doing OK as well
The other two are grand! Being spoilt by all adults at the moment as everyone knows that Mum and Dad are not around as much as usual. Bordy and Mrs B have looked after the devil child They survived it very well :scared:

Leah got a very quick cuddle today. His nurse was a bit of a stricty and said no, but his consultant came round and said she was sure he would benefit from a cuddle from his big sis. I think big sis actually benefitted more!!
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:42 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by hevs
The other two are grand! Being spoilt by all adults at the moment as everyone knows that Mum and Dad are not around as much as usual. Bordy and Mrs B have looked after the devil child They survived it very well :scared:

Leah got a very quick cuddle today. His nurse was a bit of a stricty and said no, but his consultant came round and said she was sure he would benefit from a cuddle from his big sis. I think big sis actually benefitted more!!
Bet she was over the moon
Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:33 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

iPom, Bordy and Polly, thanks for organising this, what a fantastic way for our little community to support each other.

To Hevs and Matt, I hope Flynn's doing well. Hang in there, we're all thinking of you all.

hugs

Gill
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

Anyone who wants to pass their real names on, to link to their expats names, can add them to the pm's - the three of us can collect the names/messages and pass them on, then they aren't on the forum itself.
There's actually a space within the paypal window to leave a message. It might be easier if people did it there.

PS - Edit to add... Sometimes people criticise those who choose to stay around this forum, so just for them, this is what it's for. This is a community of people. If someone's having a shitty time in this community and we let it go without doing anything, then we're not up to much imo.

Last edited by iPom; Nov 15th 2006 at 8:55 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.