Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

George Michael jailed.

George Michael jailed.

Old Sep 17th 2010, 4:46 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: George Michael jailed.

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No. It's the large dick that he IS
Life in the OAP still
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
So if an alcoholic were to happen to kick the crap out of you while on a bender you would be happy to have them shown "understanding that its a social issue and offered counselling"?
Yes - throwing a person that is addicted to drugs, alcohol etc in jail (at the taxpayers expense) without counselling serves no purpose. They need to be either voluntary or involuntary admitted to an addiction center for help.

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You are the only person who I've ever heard/read say he has a sex addiction. So he likes a bit of strange. So what? That does not make him an addict any more than if he were hiring prostitutes in a hotel room.

How are you defining a "bit of strange". Masterbating in the washroom at a playground while kids are playing outside is proof that the man has a problem which needs to be dealt with. Im not referring to his acceptance and/or inacceptance of his sexual orientation.

And who cares "why" he has issues. Do you not think that 90% of the inmates in prison have issues? And again, correct me if I'm wrong but driving under the influence is a criminal issue.
For the love of god folks lets face facts here. The war on drugs is over.We keep pouring good money after bad fighting a war that we lost years ago. We need to come into the 21st century and realize that drugs are here to stay, and the legalization of drugs (supply and demand) would be the first step in the right direction (as many european countries have already done). We also need to set up safe injection sites for the addicts who will never overcome their addiction and safe housing......

As I have said before and will say again. Throwing a "drug addict" in jail serves no purpose. He is merely a minnow in a pond of bigger fish.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Got to love canucks
We are kinda cute......
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willmore
Yes - throwing a person that is addicted to drugs, alcohol etc in jail (at the taxpayers expense) without counselling serves no purpose. They need to be either voluntary or involuntary admitted to an addiction center for help..
I don't believe that for one single second. It's just a platitude. Easy to say you will do it before the fact.

For the love of god folks lets face facts here. The war on drugs is over.We keep pouring good money after bad fighting a war that we lost years ago. We need to come into the 21st century and realize that drugs are here to stay, and the legalization of drugs (supply and demand) would be the first step in the right direction (as many european countries have already done). We also need to set up safe injection sites for the addicts who will never overcome their addiction and safe housing......

As I have said before and will say again. Throwing a "drug addict" in jail serves no purpose. He is merely a minnow in a pond of bigger fish.
Cool.. so we spend decades discouraging people to give up smoking and then at the same time legalise another whole series of drugs and drugs yet unknown, the effects of which nobody really knows, because the war on drugs is lost. Smart move.

Want to 'win' that war? Poison the supply. Let everybody shooting up know that, that next hit WILL be your last.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't believe that for one single second. It's just a platitude. Easy to say you will do it before the fact.

and that is why I suggest they be admitted involuntary.....

Cool.. so we spend decades discouraging people to give up smoking and then at the same time legalise another whole series of drugs and drugs yet unknown, the effects of which nobody really knows, because the war on drugs is lost. Smart move.

Want to 'win' that war? Poison the supply. Let everybody shooting up know that, that next hit WILL be your last.
and that idea will be ever so helpful when there is no social safety net to support these addicts and we'll have rotting human flesh all over the streets. How would we explain to our children that we have become a society of no compassion, tolerance and acceptance for those less fortunate.....
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

and that idea will be ever so helpful when there is no social safety net to support these addicts and we'll have rotting human flesh all over the streets. How would we explain to our children that we have become a society of no compassion, tolerance and acceptance for those less fortunate.....
Do you have ANY personal experience of anybody addicted to drugs or any personal experience of drugs within your social circle... because based on your comments of addicts being "less fortunate" and needing "social safety nets" I would surmise that you don't.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do you have ANY personal experience of anybody addicted to drugs or any personal experience of drugs within your social circle... because based on your comments of addicts being "less fortunate" and needing "social safety nets" I would surmise that you don't.
Why does it matter if Ive had experience or not. What is important is that we teach our kids compasison for others less fortunate than ourselves whether with handling an addiction, poverty or mental/physical challenges and as a society it is our responsibility to provide ao social safety net for these people....
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

Why does it matter if Ive had experience or not. What is important is that we teach our kids compasison for others less fortunate than ourselves whether with handling an addiction, poverty or mental/physical challenges and as a society it is our responsibility to provide ao social safety net for these people....
So your answer is no then? ...and to be honest it shows.

My nephew was a drug addict all his adult life. He sucked dry all the compassion everybody had for him and the social safety net you are so fond of. If it hadn't recently killed him he would have carried on doing so and viewing you as some sucker to sponge off. He certainly took from everybody else.

So come on then, the "war on drugs is lost" (we lost the war on theft thousands of years ago but I bet you still have a lock on your door and are not calling for that to be made legal) and you want it legalised.

Which drugs do you want made legal?
All of them?
Any drug that anybody can concoct in the future should be legal?
What message does that send while simultaneously telling people not to smoke as it's 'bad for your health'?
Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So your answer is no then? ...and to be honest it shows.

My nephew was a drug addict all his adult life. He sucked dry all the compassion everybody had for him and the social safety net you are so fond of. If it hadn't recently killed him he would have carried on doing so and viewing you as some sucker to sponge off. He certainly took from everybody else.

So come on then, the "war on drugs is lost" (we lost the war on theft thousands of years ago but I bet you still have a lock on your door and are not calling for that to be made legal) and you want it legalised.

Which drugs do you want made legal?
All of them?
Any drug that anybody can concoct in the future should be legal?
What message does that send while simultaneously telling people not to smoke as it's 'bad for your health'?
First Im very very sorry to hear about your nephew. How very tragic.

When someone is addicted to drugs, all they can think about is how to get their next hit and they'd sell their mother to do so. Its been proven in at leaast two european countries that the legalization of drugs and having safe injection sites has decreased the not only the use of drugs but all the diseases that come from injecting with dirty needles.

Your nephew's death should prove to you that we need to think that the current system being used is not working and we need to integrate a new and better system to support and help these addicts not desert them along the side of the road.

As far as Im concerned all drugs should be legalized and then taxed to death by the govt. The revenue the govt received could be used for the social safety net for these addicts, in the same manner that cigarettes are taxed to death in canada and the revenue (in part) is used for the health care system.

In any case, I must run - its hockey nite in canada.

Take care and be well.....and again Im truly sorry about your nephew.....
Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:40 am
Account Closed

When someone is addicted to drugs, all they can think about is how to get their next hit and they'd sell their mother to do so. Its been proven in at leaast two european countries that the legalization of drugs and having safe injection sites has decreased the not only the use of drugs but all the diseases that come from injecting with dirty needles.

Your nephew's death should prove to you that we need to think that the current system being used is not working and we need to integrate a new and better system to support and help these addicts not desert them along the side of the road.

As far as Im concerned all drugs should be legalized and then taxed to death by the govt. The revenue the govt received could be used for the social safety net for these addicts, in the same manner that cigarettes are taxed to death in canada and the revenue (in part) is used for the health care system.

I've done this discussion before and to be honest I'm not in the frame of mind to do it again.
It's usually populated by people "who did some drugs at Uni and it never harmed me" or those, like yourself, who say we should legalize everything and anything, without ever really thinking that through.

It will just end up with me banging my head against the wall at the naivety of the liberalist views of some folk, most of whom have no personal experience whatsoever of having a drug addict in the family.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 6:42 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

mate your reasoning is so flawed. Experience rather than hypothetical reasoning would maybe help your understanding. There's loads of volunteer groups you can join to support addicts and their families.

Good luck. You'll need it