Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Calling all Liverpudlians - need some food help

Calling all Liverpudlians - need some food help

Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:01 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calling all Liverpudlians - need some food help

Hey Guys,

I'm going to be in Liverpool for a conference in November. Have never been 'up North' and we're going to be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary as well, so I need a good restaurant to go to. We both love spicy food and we'll be staying by Liverpool One, so would love somewhere a bit local and probably an Indian, Chinese, or Thai that serves really good food, but don't necessarily have to dress up too much for.

We're also going to be in Liverpool the next day to maybe do a bit of site-seeing before going back down to Birmingham, so what is there to see?
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all Liverpudlians - need some food help

I'm a Liverpudlian and if you are going to spend a day there, I would recommend a ferry trip along the Mersey (weather permitting of course). Have a look at the lovely Port of Liverpool building and the Liver Building along the riverfront.
The two cathedrals - Anglican and Roman Catholic, are well worth a visit. So are the Liverpool Museum and Walker Art Gallery if you like that sort of thing. There is also a Maritime Museum near the riverfront.

Can't help you with the restaurants unfortunately.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:40 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool. Thanks MerseyGirl. Hopefully someone else will be along soon to give some more info on restaurants.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you posted the same query in the Moving Back forum? May get more responses.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sass73
Hey Guys,

I'm going to be in Liverpool for a conference in November. Have never been 'up North' and we're going to be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary as well, so I need a good restaurant to go to. We both love spicy food and we'll be staying by Liverpool One, so would love somewhere a bit local and probably an Indian, Chinese, or Thai that serves really good food, but don't necessarily have to dress up too much for.

We're also going to be in Liverpool the next day to maybe do a bit of site-seeing before going back down to Birmingham, so what is there to see?
What you need is a nice plate of 'scouse' . . .
Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:22 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Have you posted the same query in the Moving Back forum? May get more responses.
Good idea MP.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure you go on a weekend as Liverpool closes during the week
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:03 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of fantastic restaurants in Liverpool - get yourself to china town and just have a walk around. Also you need to try out the "old Penny Farthing" pub next to Lime Street Station for a bit of local culture.

Okay so the Penny Farthing thing was a bit of a joke.........Mathews Street is good for bars and saturday afternoon drinky poos, the Albert Dock is worth a visit as is the Tate Modern. Also go and check out the mens toilets in the Continental Pub (not a joke) - they are the most ornate mens toilets in the country - all tiny mosaic tiles and tourists come from all over to check them out. Just check no one is in there before you go snap happy!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:29 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Loads of fantastic restaurants in Liverpool - get yourself to china town and just have a walk around. Also you need to try out the "old Penny Farthing" pub next to Lime Street Station for a bit of local culture.

Okay so the Penny Farthing thing was a bit of a joke.........Mathews Street is good for bars and saturday afternoon drinky poos, the Albert Dock is worth a visit as is the Tate Modern. Also go and check out the mens toilets in the Continental Pub (not a joke) - they are the most ornate mens toilets in the country - all tiny mosaic tiles and tourists come from all over to check them out. Just check no one is in there before you go snap happy!
Cheers Ponyrama. I'll send the OH in first
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:24 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

LOADS to do and see in luvverly Scouseland, try the Albert Dock for a walk around, the Beatles museum, you can even do the Beatles bus tour, ferry cross the Meeeerrrsseeeyyyy (said in Harry Enfield Scouser voice), LOADS of great shopping in Liverpool One, good restaurants and pubs, the two Cathedrals, yes we have two , The Walker Art Gallery, The Museum, there is a new museum opening but not sure if it will co-incide with your trip........have a GREAT time in my hometown
Old Sep 11th 2010, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

katibabe is an unknown quantity at this point

What type food you wanna eat, Liverpool One have a lot of new places to eat or the Albert Dock lots of new resturants have opened up. I love Liverpool live in Cheshire and go often shopping often when I'm home. Enjoy x
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:10 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Thanks Beedubya. The conference location is at Albert Dock so will definitely be checking that out.

Katibabe, any spicy food will do Love Indian and Chinese food, and Thai is pretty good as well. I'll definitely be going to Liverpool one as I need several good retail therapy trips, having been a while since I found decent clothes.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 2:55 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you lock your car and leave it in a well lit area.

Don't take anything valuable with you.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Liverpool for a few years until 1995. My favourite restaurant at the time was Casa Italia, I see it is still going strong.

http://www.thecasaitalia.co.uk/gallery.html
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:24 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I lived in Liverpool for a few years until 1995. My favourite restaurant at the time was Casa Italia, I see it is still going strong.

http://www.thecasaitalia.co.uk/gallery.html
Yeah, I keep coming across that in searches for restaurants.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.