Funny or Offensive

Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:10 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Funny or Offensive

Has anybody seen this bumper sticker.A map of Australia and in the middle is written:**** off we're full.
I thought it was a bit off,my mate thought it was funny.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funny or Offensive

funny

Something I found offensive was the new Holden advert showing the titanic, something along the lines of "ship gets a hole in it, that's not a big deal... holden turning 60 is a big deal". Funnily enough only seen it that one time. I have a good sense of humour but failed to see the funny side of that, especially now they've found the Sydney and raked up a lot of sad feelings for people who lost friends and relatives on it.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe you've not seen that before

There is a UK version of it too.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:21 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Poland do one too.

"Come on in and bring your mates"
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
I can't believe you've not seen that before

There is a UK version of it too.
I saw it 2year ago,just thought about it because of that other thread about multiculturalism
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:36 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Very funny IMHO ...

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Has anybody seen this bumper sticker.A map of Australia and in the middle is written:**** off we're full.
I thought it was a bit off,my mate thought it was funny.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Poland do one too.

"Come on in and bring your mates"

Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bridie
funny

Something I found offensive was the new Holden advert showing the titanic, something along the lines of "ship gets a hole in it, that's not a big deal... holden turning 60 is a big deal". Funnily enough only seen it that one time. I have a good sense of humour but failed to see the funny side of that, especially now they've found the Sydney and raked up a lot of sad feelings for people who lost friends and relatives on it.
I agree with you Bridie...1,500 people lost their lives and they don't think it's a big deal ? ...I have noticed that for the past few days they haven't been showing that particular one...maybe other people have complained too. I know I was going to
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:03 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
I agree with you Bridie...1,500 people lost their lives and they don't think it's a big deal ? ...I have noticed that for the past few days they haven't been showing that particular one...maybe other people have complained too. I know I was going to
I tried complaining about the film, still won a shedload of oscars.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I tried complaining about the film, still won a shedload of oscars.
You did ?...congrats Matt
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:13 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:14 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually found the prospect of watching that film offensive for the same reasons some people see the bumper sticker as offensive.

I've never seen it, never want to. They shouldn't do the hollywood big-bollocks treatment on something like that, it's just not right.

BUT I will happily watch a war movie or somesuch where the body count is astronomical.

I'm odd.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:19 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually found the prospect of watching that film offensive for the same reasons some people see the bumper sticker as offensive.

I've never seen it, never want to. They shouldn't do the hollywood big-bollocks treatment on something like that, it's just not right.

BUT I will happily watch a war movie or somesuch where the body count is astronomical.

I'm odd.
i feel the same as you, wont watch the documentries about it. somethings should be just left well alone. Titanic's resting site is at the top of that list.

but i love war films too and prefer the so-called, based on a true story ones.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:26 am

I'm odd.
No chance then of you having a night out at the Titanic Theatre Restaurant if you visit Melbourne .
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm odd.
Had it been a proper Titanic story, I'd agree with you. The fact it was a complete load of bow locks is good enough reason not to see it. Although, after dozing through it whilst at my mother's one christmas We put it on rewind and it was superb! By far the most entertaining way to watch it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.