Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The floodgates appear to be open!

The floodgates appear to be open!

Old Aug 12th 2009, 11:49 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The floodgates appear to be open!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Paulry, when you said your meds were finalised, do you mean on your DIAC visa application page or that you know they have been passed by the medical centre in Sydney?

If it is the former, give the DIAC a call and ask if they now the meds have been cleared on the screen.

If it is the latter give the DIAC a call and ask if they can chase your results as they should have had them by now.

Good luck
It shows as finalised on my DIAC visa application page. I'll give them a call this evening.

Many thanks
Old Aug 12th 2009, 11:51 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
It shows as finalised on my DIAC visa application page. I'll give them a call this evening.

Many thanks
Any day P - any day!!!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks
I believe the COs have hundreds of files and yours is probably in the pile 'awaiting information' S/he just hasn't checked recently to see if the info has come in. A call can't hurt.

I was in your position this time last year and it was excruciating!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:40 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I believe the COs have hundreds of files and yours is probably in the pile 'awaiting information' S/he just hasn't checked recently to see if the info has come in. A call can't hurt.

I was in your position this time last year and it was excruciating!
Probably best I check. It could be that they are waiting for the results of cross checks which isn't a problem if that's the case but if all that is left is to make the decision then a gentle nudge won't do any harm.

I'm at the point now that I'm reluctant to proceed/commit to anything until I have the visa. Our target departure date (mid October) is creeping up fast
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:44 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Probably best I check. It could be that they are waiting for the results of cross checks which isn't a problem if that's the case but if all that is left is to make the decision then a gentle nudge won't do any harm.

I'm at the point now that I'm reluctant to proceed/commit to anything until I have the visa. Our target departure date (mid October) is creeping up fast
Putting this on hold for you P x

Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:33 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Got any nails left? Ours are getting shorter by the day

OH is even talking about me getting a job in Dubai etc.

Cooler
Old Aug 13th 2009, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler

Cooler
Under present economic conditions, Dubai is the last place on earth you should be looking for a job, unless you are know to the Emir.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 8:49 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafanm
Under present economic conditions, Dubai is the last place on earth you should be looking for a job, unless you are know to the Emir.
Sure, a couple of jobs elsewhere and one in the Cayman Islands looks nice although they do appear to suffer with the hurricanes there.

Cooler
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler

Cooler
Your situation is way more urgent than mine. In the event that come September your visa is still not with you, couldn't you work as a relief teacher?

I've decided to delay ringing DIAC until Monday. Friday afternoon doesn't seem like a good time to do it.

Visa K sent.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:02 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks
Come on!!!
Did you phone? Did you phone???????
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
You are right..On Moday I sent one mail to my agent...asking him to find out the status of my application as all documents was showing 'required'..this was the reply I got from my agent:

"They are in the process of granting visas, we will look into it soon."

And I got my visa after 2 days!!
Thanks . Hopefully soon then
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:48 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Come on!!!
Did you phone? Did you phone???????
Nah, unfortunately not. I thought Friday is not a good day for nudging things along . Will do it early Monday.

Last edited by paulry; Aug 14th 2009 at 11:58 am.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 7:52 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, unfortunately not. I thought Friday is not a good day for nudging things along . Will do it early Monday.
Good good.
You might get an email on monday morning....
J x
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:51 am
Capt Hilts

Your situation is way more urgent than mine. In the event that come September your visa is still not with you, couldn't you work as a relief teacher?

I've decided to delay ringing DIAC until Monday. Friday afternoon doesn't seem like a good time to do it.

Visa K sent.
Yep, that's what I'll do, maybe a term contract . It does seem to be very slow at the moment.

Hope it picks up soon all,
Cooler