Flocking heck

Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:45 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flocking heck

Originally Posted by Bix
For the past 10 days a flock of Metallic Starlings have decided to roost in the only tree I have in my nature strip. I've checked with the council and basically they've said tough luck.....and don't touch our tree. Every house in our estate has the same sort of tree in their nature strip so I'm just the unlucky one.

Every day at dusk the blighters descend upon the tree and every dawn they depart again. Don't know how many but somewhere in the region of 1000 I would guess. Seems impossible for that many to fit in the tree but eventually they squeeze in.

Problem is the bloomin noise they make. It's like turning your iPod up full at dusk and dawn and there continues to be noisy spells throughout the night.....not condusive to a good nights sleep. There's also an issue of birdshite accumulating.

I tried hosing the buggers as they were arriving one evening but that made no difference. I needed a flame thrower.

So how can I get rid of them?
https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_i...AbsolutePage=1

Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:48 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

My mother has one of these at home in the UK to try and ward off pigeons. It worked for a couple of days until the pigeons worked out that the owl never moves.

The owl is now covered in pigeon shit as they seem to like standing on the owls head!
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Stick a blow up Soapy on top of said tree...............oops sorry he's already blown up
Old Oct 7th 2011, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Do I still have Gill's number????????

No idea but I'll do a swap, I'll take your birds if you take the fricking turkeys that are eating all the chicken food, kicking the food bowl and straw out of the coop and now eating the eggs. :curse:
My OH got fed up chasing turkeys so bought a radio-controlled car so he could chase them in comfort.

Perhaps a radio-controlled helicopter for the starlings? (We have one of those as well)