Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

First time flying ????

Wikiposts

First time flying ????

Old May 3rd 2010, 10:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First time flying ????

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Despite some of the banter I am resisting temptation and offer sensible advice.
Try to find the departure gate you will be departing from. Not sure which airport it is but some are huge and can tae ages to walk to find.
I've pm'd the OP the link I posted earlier too, http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6596734 - couple of years old, but there was some good stuff in there
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:36 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Despite some of the banter I am resisting temptation and offer sensible advice.
Try to find the departure gate you will be departing from. Not sure which airport it is but some are huge and can tae ages to walk to find.
You know it girlfriend!
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I've pm'd the OP the link I posted earlier too, http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6596734 - couple of years old, but there was some good stuff in there
Have you updated it to say "Don't take any sharp objects in your hand luggage, you'll get given these with your in-flight meal"?

We got full metal cutlery on Iberia on this last trip.
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:10 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Have you updated it to say "Don't take any sharp objects in your hand luggage, you'll get given these with your in-flight meal"?

Guy in front of me as I went through security at Heathrow this time had a pair of small scissors. As I went by he was trying to persuade the security guy to let him keep them, kept saying that they were his " special cuticle scissors and I need them for my feet on the flight...." I just prayed he was nowhere near me as he clearly planned to spend the flight manicuring his feet
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:15 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco

Must admit I've never quite understood this law. If I were a naughty boy, I'd buy a bottle of something in DF, then simply smash it to create a horribly effective weapon.
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

LOL sorry, it is the Barbie, and to be fair, if you have to ask what to do a an airport, you probably shouldn't be allowed out on your own anyhow.
Old May 4th 2010, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Guy in front of me as I went through security at Heathrow this time had a pair of small scissors. As I went by he was trying to persuade the security guy to let him keep them, kept saying that they were his " special cuticle scissors and I need them for my feet on the flight...." I just prayed he was nowhere near me as he clearly planned to spend the flight manicuring his feet

Must admit I've never quite understood this law. If I were a naughty boy, I'd buy a bottle of something in DF, then simply smash it to create a horribly effective weapon.
Yeah it's crazy.

Well I took my work backpack with me as HL this last trip and I forgot I kept my swiss army pocket knife in there (it was given to me ages ago).

It got through Heathrow to Joburg and Joburg to Cape Town. It was only picked up on x-ray on the way back from Cape Town and confiscated. So it's still possible to get them through.
Old May 4th 2010, 1:01 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

No photos, please, don't want another of those threads that takes a week to load and then is too wide for the screen
Who mentioned yer arse
Old May 4th 2010, 1:13 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Who mentioned yer arse
Ooooooooohhhh thats not nice....you'll suffer for that one.....not sure how, but I'll come up with something
Old May 4th 2010, 1:15 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooooooohhhh thats not nice....you'll suffer for that one.....not sure how, but I'll come up with something http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs16/f/20..._Mrichston.gif
Dont care
Old May 4th 2010, 1:18 am
Home and Happy

Dont care
Iron and ironing board for sale on ebay, abandoned by their one careful owner....
Old May 4th 2010, 1:24 am
FREE TIBET

Iron and ironing board for sale on ebay, abandoned by their one careful owner....
Spare room going in witches house,desperate to rent due to forthcoming financial crisis,men only
Old May 4th 2010, 1:25 am
Home and Happy

Spare room going in witches house,desperate to rent due to forthcoming financial crisis,men only

I seem to already have an orderly queue, have you been advertising it elsewhere as well?!
Old May 4th 2010, 1:28 am
FREE TIBET

http://img116.exs.cx/img116/1231/z7shysterical.gif

I seem to already have an orderly queue, have you been advertising it elsewhere as well?!
Elderly queue more like
Old May 4th 2010, 1:31 am
Home and Happy

Elderly queue more like
You got my place under surveillance or something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.