Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

First time flying ????

Wikiposts

First time flying ????

Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light
Smile First time flying ????

I'm going to fly for the first time for validation. So what are the things to know when booking a ticket, arranging goods, going for the air port, in the plane and departing ? All the things needed.

Advices are appreciated.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

norfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nice
Default Re: First time flying ????

Originally Posted by muditha
I'm going to fly for the first time for validation. So what are the things to know when booking a ticket, arranging goods, going for the air port, in the plane and departing ? All the things needed.

Advices are appreciated.
Make sure the pilot walks on and is not carried on!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

If the air hostesses start explaining what to do in the event of an emergency before you take off (showing you how to put on masks and life vests etc) then start to PANIC as it means that the aircraft has failed it's checks, and they aren't 100% sure it will make the destination.

I've never been on a flight wear this has happened though, so you should be fine. If it does occur though, get up, and start shouting "LET ME OFF" !!!!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Advices are appreciated.
Make sure your luggage is within weight and size limits for your airline. Check on their website to make sure you comply. Have your passport and ticket with you at all times.

Don't have anyhting sharp in your hand luggage. Take some bottle water and reading material.

Have fun!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:11 pm
ABCDiamond

Advices are appreciated.
Best advice is not to listen to 'some' people

Make sure you remember your passport and ticket, and arrive in plenty of time.

And don't drink alcohol, it causes Jet lag effects to get worse, drink plenty of water, it causes jet lag effects to soften.

Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Best advice is not to listen to 'some' people

Make sure you remember your passport and ticket, and arrive in plenty of time.

And don't drink alcohol, it causes Jet lag effects to get worse, drink plenty of water, it causes jet lag effects to soften.
Unless you get off the plane and go straight the pub.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Unless you get off the plane and go straight the pub.
I thought the plane was just an extention of the pub?

Jetlag is such a personal thing, I don't think you can say whether someone is going tosuffer or not until they actually fly and find out for hemselves. I always drink alcohol throughout a flight, and never get jetlag.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Jetlag is such a personal thing, I don't think you can say whether someone is going tosuffer or not until they actually fly and find out for hemselves. I always drink alcohol throughout a flight, and never get jetlag.
Indeed!
Old Apr 30th 2010, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Oh and I forgot earlier, at check-in, it's customary to tip the check-in assistant 10% of what you paid for your flight. Failure to do so, will ensure the wrong tag placed on your checked baggage and it ending up in the wrong country.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by xzibit
Oh and I forgot earlier, at check-in, it's customary to tip the check-in assistant 10% of what you paid for your flight. Failure to do so, will ensure the wrong tag placed on your checked baggage and it ending up in the wrong country.
You've been travelling in Africa haven't you?
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

Is there any special form or any to be filled when i'm going out from my country and in Aus ?
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I find travelling west then jetlag is OK. Travelling east and jetlag is worse.
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:39 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure your suitcase is full of fresh fruit and dairy produce.
Old May 3rd 2010, 5:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any special form or any to be filled when i'm going out from my country and in Aus ?
Yes. You will be given a landing card on the plane for you to fill in. Be entirely truthful on the form and if there's a question you don't understand ask the flight attendant for help.

Make sure you do not bring any plant or animal products with you, including fruit, nuts, seeds or meat/dairy of any kind. They are not allowed here and could potentially land you in trouble if you are caught with them.

Most important thing is to relax and enjoy the flight. Get yourself some earplugs and some eyeshades and one of those U shaped travel pillows to take in your carry-on so you can sleep without the light or noise bothering you.
Old May 3rd 2010, 5:27 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

Make sure you do not bring any plant or animal products with you, including fruit, nuts, seeds or meat/dairy of any kind. They are not allowed here and could potentially land you in trouble if you are caught with them.
But you could become a tv star!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.