Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

First single that you bought!

First single that you bought!

Old Jul 11th 2010, 10:20 am

MojoJojo will become famous soon enoughMojoJojo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First single that you bought!

Good grief, i feel very old reading this thread

This was the first single I bought:

Old Jul 11th 2010, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

blackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the rough

Im an oldie so my first record was Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers
Why do Fools Fall in Love
It was back in the 50s
Perhaps one of you whizz kids can find something on utube and put it on for me PLEASE
Old Jul 11th 2010, 11:09 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go girl
Old Jul 11th 2010, 11:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez how young are most of you Or am I old?

Matthew Southern Comfort - Woodstock. Still a brilliant record and still have the single.

Can't do the you tube until the 18th. My darling child has made us go over our limit and we're on d i a l u p s p e e d.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

blackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the rough

Can anyone tell me why, when i try to play youtube it keeps stopping and starting Thank you
Old Jul 11th 2010, 1:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcountrygirl
Can anyone tell me why, when i try to play youtube it keeps stopping and starting Thank you
I'm sure there's a techie answer, but basially I think its downloading the video. Turn the sound off and let it run, then go back to the start when its fully downloaded and run it again, you should get it the second time with no probems - happens usually to people on dial-up
Old Jul 11th 2010, 3:39 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emelems
First Album was Adam and the Ants btw... can't remember which one but it definately wasn't Prince Charming one (my brother bought that one), it was the one with Goodie 2 shoes on it...

ah, the memories.. I loved Adam Ant... I wanted to have his babies and live forever with him on a desert island where he would sing Ant Rap to me, for me, and forever with me... (I think I had stalker abilities at that age!)

Em x
Poor Adam Ant. He was sectioned a few years back (under the mental health act). He got arrested for brandishing a gun. Can't remember the details, but I remember thinking how sad it was.

I loved Adam and the Ants in the early 80's, during their 'Dirk Wears White Socks' phase. As a school kid at the time, they were the ultimate in cool. It was just before they released 'Kings of the Wild Frontier' (also an awesome album) and very few people knew who they were at that time. My older brother was a punk at the time and he introduced me to them.

I had a bootleg tape I got from the Kings Road (Chelsea) of them live at the Electric Ballroom. I just felt so cool by association.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I feel very very young reading this thread!! My first cassette I bought was Men In Black by Will Smith

Old Jul 11th 2010, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

'back home' by the england world cup squad ( not sure of year)
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR
Wow, I feel very very young reading this thread!! My first cassette I bought was Men In Black by Will Smith

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KSRF3slguhI
You are very young Louise!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:13 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Single?

The Voice - John Farnham

It was a present ...

<Rockwiz Mode> First Album? Either Swing Out Sister - It's Better To Travel or Whitney - Whitney Houston.

No, I wasn't cool ... then I picked up a guitar and got deep into The Blues and started buying stuff like Freddie King, BB King, Peter Green, Clapton, Hendrix ... etc, etc ...

And I still wasn't cool

<Rockwiz Mode> First gig you say? Knebworth 1990 Silver Clef Show. Lots of rock dinosaurs and Tears For Freaking Fears.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
You are very young Louise!
I am... I'm 23 and three quarters!

Oh my first album was Spice by Spice Girls and first gig was Eminem when I was 15... I'd started to rebel by then... my music has come along way since, it's bands and rock for me now!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

1970.... I was 15... Cant Believe that this single is that old actually. Clearly remember the "Vertigo" center spinning around and drawing me in.

Old Jul 12th 2010, 7:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
1970.... I was 15... Cant Believe that this single is that old actually. Clearly remember the "Vertigo" center spinning around and drawing me in.
Classic!! Takes me back to my headbanging days. Anyone else out there who used to go to the Hungry Years in Brighton on a Wednesday night then go sick on Thursday with a stiff and sore neck?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Good grief, i feel very old reading this thread

This was the first single I bought:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mGL4btEIoTo
Same as me on the previous page then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.