Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Feb in Sydney and Adelaide

Feb in Sydney and Adelaide

Old Oct 26th 2011, 8:16 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Feb in Sydney and Adelaide

115 days until we land in Sydney for our recce/validation

I understand this is likely to be one of the warmer months, but what clothing should we bring with us just in case? Or is it just a case of shorts, t-shirts, swimmers etc?

I'm not being anal about being prepared, it's just that I am starting to pack up some stuff as we will hopefully be moving soon ( house sold) and if I am packing things away I need to know what I should keep accessible. Ok, yes I am being anal, but it's half term, raining outside and I need something to occupy me
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feb in Sydney and Adelaide

Originally Posted by rasen78
115 days until we land in Sydney for our recce/validation

I understand this is likely to be one of the warmer months, but what clothing should we bring with us just in case? Or is it just a case of shorts, t-shirts, swimmers etc?

I'm not being anal about being prepared, it's just that I am starting to pack up some stuff as we will hopefully be moving soon ( house sold) and if I am packing things away I need to know what I should keep accessible. Ok, yes I am being anal, but it's half term, raining outside and I need something to occupy me
I'd pack shorts, t-shirt, bathers. But also some long pants, long sleeved shirts and a light jacket (for when you get burnt and need to cover up )

What dates are you in Adelaide?
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:02 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'd pack shorts, t-shirt, bathers. But also some long pants, long sleeved shirts and a light jacket (for when you get burnt and need to cover up )

What dates are you in Adelaide?
Think our accommodation is booked from 25 Feb to 3 Mar. Will definitely need covering up with my English Rose complexion and of course to shield the locals from my erm... beauty
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Think our accommodation is booked from 25 Feb to 3 Mar. Will definitely need covering up with my English Rose complexion and of course to shield the locals from my erm... beauty
Wait til you see the locals! Get down Rundle Mall and have a nosey!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:10 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

Originally Posted by Wendy
Wait til you see the locals! Get down Rundle Mall and have a nosey!
added to the list
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Feb in Sydney is usually when the humidity goes through the roof, so it will not always be red hot but will be close and sticky at that time of year. Usually a good few storms around then also.

I arrived in Feb the first time I ever came to Australia and it was right at the start of a major East Coast low event, it rained non stop for a week and I didn't see any sun. I thought Sydney was like a hot and sticky Manchester until it finally cleared up and the sun came out.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:52 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

Originally Posted by Jon77
Feb in Sydney is usually when the humidity goes through the roof, so it will not always be red hot but will be close and sticky at that time of year. Usually a good few storms around then also.

I arrived in Feb the first time I ever came to Australia and it was right at the start of a major East Coast low event, it rained non stop for a week and I didn't see any sun. I thought Sydney was like a hot and sticky Manchester until it finally cleared up and the sun came out.
Umbrella and sou'westers....check
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:30 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Umbrella and sou'westers....check
The long range forecast for Adelaide and Melbourne is for a La Nina induced WET month. Sorry!

And, it really doesn't get THAT hot, usually a max of 3 days at a time in Adelaide then you'll be cold when the change comes through (that's the weather change, not the woman problem one!) 38 to 20 in ten minutes is interesting.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; Oct 27th 2011 at 1:32 am.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
The long range forecast for Adelaide and Melbourne is for a La Nina induced WET month. Sorry!

And, it really doesn't get THAT hot, usually a max of 3 days at a time in Adelaide then you'll be cold when the change comes through (that's the weather change, not the woman problem one!) 38 to 20 in ten minutes is interesting.
Adelaide doesn't really go from 38 to 20 in ten minutes, that's just Victoria

Summer can be very interesting, last year I think we only had 2 or 3 days of 38+ but the year before we had about 10 days in a row! Best to be prepared for all situations, although it doesn't really get that cold in Feb (it will now I've said that though! )