Favourite DVDs!

Old May 9th 2012, 9:28 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite DVDs!

Another thumbs up for Carry On films Always make me chuckle

To be honest, I rarely watched British comedy series, the likes of Father Ted, Blackadder, Red Dwarf etc, because I tended to be working (shift work, pub work etc). ROMFT has box sets, but I just haven't got around to watching them yet.

If I want cheering up, I do like a cheesy Disney film, Beauty & the Beast being my fave

Films like Dogma, From Dusk til Dawn make me LOL

One of my favourite series of recent years, and that would have me guffawing out loud, was Boston Legal. A hilarious series which I would like to purchase soon
Old May 9th 2012, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I love Father Ted, and OH uses the net to get clips of comics like Dara O'Briain and Eddie Izzard.

I wouldn't know what a stream was technologically speaking. I always thought it was a place where you could paddle and catch minnows- shows how old I am.

And I prefer a paper book to a "Kindle".

I'm reading the newest Game of Thrones- Dance with Dragons, and have nearly finished it. The TV series is really good too- NO adverts!!!!!
Old May 9th 2012, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sasbear
Have to agree with you - I adore Tarantino movies......

Oh and for the comedy (as I mentioned on FB today) Peter Kay. I am now on the look out for the box collection (cheap) of only fools and horses.

I am committed to spending the rest of my years trying to change my BF's sense of humour - to pommify him !
This is a coincidence, the download site I use, thebox.bz has uploaded 13 Christmas Specials of Only Fools & Horses overnight. AND they're neutral share! Can't wait to watch
Old May 9th 2012, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I love Father Ted, and OH uses the net to get clips of comics like Dara O'Briain and Eddie Izzard.

I wouldn't know what a stream was technologically speaking. I always thought it was a place where you could paddle and catch minnows- shows how old I am.

And I prefer a paper book to a "Kindle".

I'm reading the newest Game of Thrones- Dance with Dragons, and have nearly finished it. The TV series is really good too- NO adverts!!!!!
I am so with you re the kindle - I adore books and reading and could not imagine having/owning/using a kindle.

Some technology just doesn't cut it for me.
Old May 9th 2012, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
I have just been on Amazon.co.uk to order some DVDs, I find stuff quite expensive here so tend to get them second hand from Amazon.

Just managed to get 'Drop Dead Fred' - I love that film, so childish but funny - makes me laugh every time. I also ordered 'Paper Mask' with Paul McCann - rather wooden acting but the storyline is a bit freaky.

Got both of them including delivery for $18 - I get most of my DVDs from this supplier on Amazon.

I also love 'Toys', 'Big', 'Flight of the Navigator' - all the kids ones you may notice.

What are your 'feel good' films, something you watch to cheery yourself up and where do you get them from?
My youngest hates watching tv or movies most of the time but Drop Dead Fred is her all time favourite (hence we all know it word for word). We got it from Big W in their bargain bins for about $5 I think.
Old May 9th 2012, 1:02 pm
Excessively Diverted

Luthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond repute

We get regular deliveries from Amazon of both books and dvds. The boys download most of their programs. The eldest has the downloads on his server so we can watch them on any computer, ipad or wd box in the house.

Husband and I have watched Borgen 1 and 2 recently and really enjoyed them. Killing 2 was great and is screening on sbs at the moment as well.

We are working our way through series 2 of breaking bad. We watched the first episode of Breaking Bad with our boys. At the end the 14 year old started memorising the periodical table from a coffee table book and the 19 year old was googling and youtubing how to make meth! What a difference 5 years makes
Old May 9th 2012, 3:05 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

What's a DVD?
Old May 9th 2012, 3:06 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I might add that I have no desire for a Kindle and actually love reading books - proper books, I have lots of nice tatty books in my bookcase.
Old May 9th 2012, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I might add that I have no desire for a Kindle and actually love reading books - proper books, I have lots of nice tatty books in my bookcase.
Same - love taking the kids to the library too and just sitting and reading surrounded by thousands of them.
Old May 9th 2012, 3:46 pm
Excessively Diverted

Luthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to add the 2 latest Kathy Lette books to my cart after hearing her on the radio today.

Might like her humour - today she compared balls of steel to iron labia
Old May 9th 2012, 9:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've got some which have been read some much that they've fallen apart, been replaced, and disintegrated again!! Could never stop buying books, they are too much like friends, but my Kindle is fab too, for different reasons - easy on the Tube, easy on planes, etc
Old May 9th 2012, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I've got some which have been read some much that they've fallen apart, been replaced, and disintegrated again!! Could never stop buying books, they are too much like friends, but my Kindle is fab too, for different reasons - easy on the Tube, easy on planes, etc
I love books and in fact I've really struggled with my kindle...can't get comfortable with it....

keep losing my sense of where I am in the book...sort of feel tunneled...

even the book app on the larger iPad screen allows you to flick pages and have an open book...
Old May 9th 2012, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luthien
We get regular deliveries from Amazon of both books and dvds. The boys download most of their programs. The eldest has the downloads on his server so we can watch them on any computer, ipad or wd box in the house.
)
Have you found their good stuff yet?
Old May 9th 2012, 11:58 pm
Excessively Diverted

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Have you found their good stuff yet?
There are some things a mother doesn't want to know
The 19 yo is way beyond my tech skills anyway...
..and the 14 year olds good stuff is YouTube videos of talking dogs
Here, let me treat you

There's also an alsatian singing "I wuv youuuuuuu" that is on high rotation

Sorry cheetah7 for the thread divergence
Old May 10th 2012, 12:08 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

oscar winning performance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.